Looking to buy a car....

s dubl

Supporter
Looking to buy a new, or used car.

Not looking for too much advice on what to buy, more of how/where to buy.

There are a handful of dealerships in my immediate area, then A LOT more an hour+ drive from me.

Basically I'm trying to figure out the best way to shop/compare without driving all over SoCal.

Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

I'd only need da hemi if I was in da heightz, b.

And I don't pull dimes, so M3 isn't needed.

There are a handful of dealerships in my immediate area, then A LOT more an hour+ drive from me.

Basically I'm trying to figure out the best way to shop/compare without driving all over SoCal.

Email a bunch of dealerships with what you're looking for and tell them you'll be buying a car soon and you're shopping around for the best price. Take a handful of the best offers and see if they can beat the dealership who gave you the best offer. If they can, email that original dealership who had the best offer and see if they'll beat that new best offer. Once you're happy with the price, go cop.

Cars.com shop local or nation-wide. That's where I found my car at

Btw what type of car you was looking at to get? @sdubl

Cheaper the better without it being a complete piece of poop.

Basically using it as a work beater for my daily commute, so not looking to spend too much, but need it to be reliable.

Close to $10k would be ideal, but willing to go more, depending on what it is.

Kinda prefer going through a dealer for warranty/piece of mind.

You won't find a lot for 10k and especially not something still in its bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not sure if the warranty transfers after the first owner, but Kia/Hyundai/Mitsubishi will be your best bet in finding something still in warranty because theirs is longer than any other brands.

Email a bunch of dealerships with what you're looking for and tell them you'll be buying a car soon and you're shopping around for the best price. Take a handful of the best offers and see if they can beat the dealership who gave you the best offer. If they can, email that original dealership who had the best offer and see if they'll beat that new best offer. Once you're happy with the price, go cop.

I'm looking to buy a silverado in Octoberish, hopefully this works.

edit: nvm, I'd rather haggle in person.

Last edited:
You won't find a lot for 10k and especially not something still in its bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not sure if the warranty transfers after the first owner, but Kia/Hyundai/Mitsubishi will be your best bet in finding something still in warranty because theirs is longer than any other brands.
willng to go a few K more, but not a whole lot, since I'll be beating it anyway.

I actually looked at a Mitsubishi today. Considering it. Brand new, and price is somewhat respectable. Not sure how reliable they are for the long run.

Cheaper the better without it being a complete piece of poop.

Basically using it as a work beater for my daily commute, so not looking to spend too much, but need it to be reliable.

Close to $10k would be ideal, but willing to go more, depending on what it is.

As a Former sales consultant for a MB dealership in my area, ill give you some advice based on knowledge and expertise. First, $10k for a beater is not the greatest idea imo. Like mentioned above, if youre going to spend $10k, you might as well spend the extra $5k - $6k for a brand new vehicle with a factory warranty. For $5k, you could purchase a used Lexus, Toyota or Honda (would never buy a used domestic vehicle unless it is a about pickup). Check ebay and Craigslist. I personally don't bother going to dealerships because i have an idea about of how much of a markup (usually 15%) so i offer wholesale and salesmen dont like that **** at all. Also, go towards the end of each month or end of each quarter for the best deal. I recommend Craigslist and just ask for service records and/or look up the carfax. $6k is the max I would pay for a beater.

I was just in your position looking for a beater as a backup to the benzo, landed a used 1999 lexus es300 for $2K with onLy 95k miles.

Last edited:
car pros kia, with a few locations to suit your driving needs.

autotrader.com tbh

found my bmw there parents cars there my homies cars there

patience is a key role too u gotta be patient but quick when the right car comes

Carmax...you pay slightly more for their cars versus a typical used car dealership, but their cars are generally in better shape....Plus, the experience is so much easier than the damn pressure-filled haggling match with typical used car sales reps.

Also, they will ship any car from any Carmax in the country to your local one...its kinda pricey (600-700), but if its the car you know you want with the options you desire, its not terrible.

Hey op did you know that nissan sells a brand new 4 cyl car for 12k it gets 31 city and 40 highway. Nothing to flashy but gets you to point a to point b and doesnt hurt thats its a new car

Listen OP. all cars come full warranty. A spot in sun valley I found. Not to far from LA. I'm bout to get this bmw or Lexus I had my eye on. Nice lot, luxury cars & commuters! I'm going next Friday. 10k will get you something nice. 1800Statewide.com trust

Hey op did you know that nissan sells a brand new 4 cyl car for 12k it gets 31 city and 40 highway. Nothing to flashy but gets you to point a to point b and doesnt hurt thats its a new car
Versa. I'm looking into that as well.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Much appreciated :nthat: :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom