Lopsided CDP breakout values

Interested to hear what the members have to say about the break up value of this 6/17 pack as well as past and future packs. To me, this is the first of the'Blockbuster' packs with the others of course being next months 7/16 and the Xmastime 11/12. For me the 17's are basically a throw away, the priceof admission to one of the greatest shows on earth, the Carmines. I would easily trade two pairs of the dreadful 17's for an extra pair of Carmines, or putanother way....I think the Carmines are worth the price of the pack (about $300), and the 17's are worth ($100 or less). I am hearing a lot of people saythe 17's are too narrow, and that is the kiss of death for me.
I'm guessing next month's 7/16 will be a similarly lopsided affair.....but the 11/12 could be a fairly even split, although the 11 should be afrontrunner. I'm calling the 10/13 pack an even split. The 4/19 is heavily weighted towards the BRED 4. The other packs are not even worth discussing imo.
laugh.gif

4s are crappy, 19s are fire
too many 8s right now, black red 15s are the worst
7s not bad and overrated imho, but the 16s are fire
5s are a must cop (for me), 18s are just a so-so throw-in just like the 17s
11s and 12s.........yeah.......

i saw an auction for carmines go to $300 with 4 hours left....why dont they just buy the pack?

I've had lots of offers for my Carmines, but NO offers for the XVII's.

Originally Posted by king jay XI

^ I think that people will want the 7's ALMOST as much as they want the 16's, if not as much
Really surprised to hear anyone wants the 16's at all........HARES are the #1 Holy Grail for me. I'll trade 16's for Hares all daylong.....at two for one!

^^^^i seen that too......i guess people really think these are sold out everywhere......but i liked the 17's......wouldnt mind doublin up on some sz 10 forunder a bill.......dats just gonna be another all black jordans........

Originally Posted by blco02

I've had lots of offers for my Carmines, but NO offers for the XVII's.

This should surprise no one. I don't think anyone can reasonably expect to recover anything for the 17's. Anything you can get, be it cash ortrade, I would consider found money.

People hating on the 17 to me is a joke. They are one of the highest quality Jordans OR or Retro. Just try on one 17 on one foot and a 6 on the other. ItsNight and Day. I understand Carmines are an OG colorway - but 17s havent seen shelves in 6 years. For them to get minimal pricing is beyond me. I already havethe the OG carmine and black 17 - but I copped the pack to keep my carmines DS and to wear the 17s. They are not narrow - they run EXACTLY like the OGs do.

As per the 7 / 16 pack - its very interesting. We havent seen 16s on shelves in 7 years - so many people will crave them for that reason alone. Even though theblack red are the worst performance wise of all the 16s - they colorway is the hottest...with the clearest soles of ANY jay when new. The 7s have been releasedas retros 9 times since the 16 came out! But the Hares -- are the Hares.

I also own both OG Hare and Black red 16. OG 7s are not wearable...so to obtain a pair I can wear is sweet. I'll probably sell my OG yellowed 16s to puttoward a fresh DS pair.

So breakout value wise, I wouldnt be surprised to see the 16s go for more. Not at all. MANY want the Hares and MANY want the 16. This, to me, is the very bestpackage.

I personally love the 16s, especially in the black/red colorway. I feel the exact same way about the Hare 7s, so June's package was a must have as soon aspics surfaced of both shoes.

I went half with my homie at work and he loves the XVII's and he says that the VI's are weak!! So I copped two packs and then an extra pair ofvi's!!! I think that the vii/xvi are equal both have equal love!!

People hating on the 17 to me is a joke. They are one of the highest quality Jordans OR or Retro. Just try on one 17 on one foot and a 6 on the other. Its Night and Day. I understand Carmines are an OG colorway - but 17s havent seen shelves in 6 years. For them to get minimal pricing is beyond me.

cosign on the 17's love. personally they were what sparked my interest in the pack cuz i have mentioned the 17's were 200 retail which wasvery difficult for a 12 year old to come up with at the time. I worked with my dad all summer for these, and thats why they have sentimental value for me.

i personally think they should have kept them in leather tho cuz the suede looks faded and scratched. at the very least they should have made the materialnubuck.

anyway i cant wait for the white and blue 17's and white and red 17's to retro ill cop both at 200 easy.

as for the 16's and 7's pack well i dont like the hares they are just too plain for me. so if anyone is interested i wear a size 10.

7 16 will be an even split
11 12 will be favored in xi
and the rest is very easy to see which one will be better and more popular

^ I think that people will want the 7's ALMOST as much as they want the 16's, if not as much
you're right...alotta people are saying that they want the XVI b/c they want bordeaux's but I had hares when I was 1 so this is my chance toput them back on my feet...
XVI are
smokin.gif
but the Hares are
pimp.gif

I think the Black Red XI are the worst and the Taxi XII are hot
8/15 is gonna b hot b/c white red 8 best imo and black red XV are the best 15 and no double black shoe...

honestly how manytimes can people where black/red???

Originally Posted by George C Scott

Really surprised to hear anyone wants the 16's at all........HARES are the #1 Holy Grail for me. I'll trade 16's for Hares all day long.....at two for one!

interesting, I would have MUCH rather had the bordeaux's, and the CDP 16's look
pimp.gif
... however, the hare's are still nice

I like the combo pack next month. Just remember for those people that still have the OG 16's remember that the tox box is square and is known to fit alittle snug for most. Heads up if you are copping and plan to wear.

i love VIs
i like XVIIs
so i copped

I HATE hares
i love XVIs
Im sure someonr will sell off their XVIs
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom