Lord Finesse Suing Mac Miller for $10 Milli Over a Mixtape Track

lord finesse > mac miller
pimp.gif

I don't understand the Mac Miller hate. At all. The kid is pretty good, especially by today's standards.

hes good not denying that i just couldnt get on his music like other people i know did.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

J you actually answered your own question.

The tweet was REALLY what I was talking about though.

It would've been easy to wait until this @%** actually saw a judge to blow up the spot on the sample,but him just tweeting that @%** lets me know that they're on some Chess @%**.

If that makes any sense.
My bad, bro.  I totally misread what you typed.  You and me are on the same page. 

Looked at the whole situation, doubled back and realized that this was the first song/video I ever heard from Mac Miller.

Crazy that it's causing so much turmoil now. I'm curious to see the justification of the $10 million that Lord Finesse is seeking.

Originally Posted by just nikes

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I still am shocked Mac Miller is relevant. Props to the kid's hustle but no clue how this !*# is happening. I think white folks just like seeing a white rapper. That's the only explanation.

yea and I think black folks just like to hate white rappers before giving them a chance
Funny how things come full circle huh?

Originally Posted by just nikes

I still am shocked Mac Miller is relevant. Props to the kid's hustle but no clue how this !*# is happening. I think white folks just like seeing a white rapper. That's the only explanation.

yea and I think black folks just like to hate white rappers before giving them a chance
Fair enough. It's certainly harder for them to find success. As stated, I didn't mean my post to be racially insensitive, but I definitely can see how it could be interpreted that way. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else. In hindsight, my post was ignorant. Mac's race has nothing to do with how I view him as an artist. I just think he sucks, whether he was black, brown, Indian, or Asian. Don't matter. Personally, race is not a factor for me, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that it is for others, which is what motivated by hypothesis. Eminem is in my Top 5, and I prob consider him the second most talent MC ever, just based upon sheer rhyming ability alone.

Anyhow, I was wrong. My apologies for derailing the discussion. 
all good im not offended lol.. my reply goes to people's view of mac in general. Ive been to a concert of his and it was 90 percent kids younger than 18 and white. I don't think older people and people of different races give him a chance in general because if they did, I feel like there would be much less hate. Like someone else said, he's pretty good by todays standards. But everyone's entitled to their opinion so u can never really tell whether or not they hate him after giving his music a try or whether they decided they hated him based off opinion.

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

Mac miller done took beats from otha artist before its not the first time

He just rapped over it in typical mixtape fashion. It's not like he was trying to pass it off as anything more than that.

Everyone knew it was a Finesse beat.

Another reason this is SOOOOO corny is that the song is like 2 years old, but now Mac Miller is getting a little more shine so Finesse is taking advantage of that.

I lost a whole lot of respect for Finesse because of this.

Originally Posted by PLVN

He just rapped over it in typical mixtape fashion. It's not like he was trying to pass it off as anything more than that.

Not Mac's demographic...
I think Fineese is pissed cus Mac fans thought it was an original track. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Not Mac's demographic...

Yeah that's probably true.

I still will never be able to see Finesse in the same light again.

It's awful to say, but if he's gonna pull some stuff like this he deserves to have all the artists that he sampled and never cleared come after him.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Maybe Finesse did this for a purpose and not for the money?

...which is why he sued Mac Miller for an obviously unreasonable 10 million.

Maybe he's trying to point something out.
This.
Should've just given credit, even if it wasn't financial, where it was due if he was trying to "pay homage".

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by PLVN

Not Mac's demographic...

that aint mac's fault... finesse a loser

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Maybe Finesse did this for a purpose and not for the money?

...which is why he sued Mac Miller for an obviously unreasonable 10 million.

Maybe he's trying to point something out.
This.
Should've just given credit, even if it wasn't financial, where it was due if he was trying to "pay homage".

There it is. I mean think about it... Lord Finesse isn't suing Joey Badass and his people. Oh and peep this... http://www.youtube.com/wa...ure=youtube_gdata_player

Back
Top Bottom