Lord forgive me bc I did not know...Raekwon classic

:pimp:

I remember when I discovered classics I missed out on when they originally came out. Such an amazing feeling.

Last edited:
WHAT?! I can't wrap my head around how you've just heard this album unless you really didn't listen to hip hop much until recently. I assumed you were younger than the album.

Just IMO, I think this album sits extremely high on the list of must-hear albums for any hip hop listener. Aside from the obvious others like illmatic, the chronic and ready to die, here's my own list of pivotal hip hop albums:

Wu Tang Clan: Enter the 36 Chambers

Raekwon: OB4CL

Mobb Deep: The Infamous

Smif n Wessun: Da Shining

Organized Konfusion: Stress (The Extinction Agenda)

Big L: Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous

Common: Resurrection

The Roots: Things Fall Apart

Group Home: Livin' Proof (probably my favorite DJ Premier beats to all be on one album)

I could list/argue others but then it's more like "Here's old hip hop albums I like" vs albums I think everyone should hear to get an idea of those artists at their purest and just some good examples of hip hop at its best. That list could go on for days but these came to mind immediately.

This guy just named all my joints....especially...especially that group home album was to me premos best work (next to daily operation) f..that...f..that..f..that

Back to topic...when heaven & hell bumps in the whip I still feel some sorta way...damn 95 was a good time...back off topic friggin CNN war report....still

Last edited:
I still remembered when this album released, this is all you heard on every mixtape at the time. Every song is classic and changed the game. With aka names ,the lingo with Coke money **** and clothes just ahead of its time. #thepurpletape

There is really no excuse for any 30 year old Hip Hop listener to not have heard The Purple Tape till now.
mean.gif

I don't know if I should be happy you finally heard one of the greatest Wu/Hip Hop in general albums ever released or be sad at the fact you missed having this as a soundtrack to your youth and formative adult years. Either way I dedicate this to you for finally being upped on the knowledge.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom