**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's amazing people in this thread act like everything is fine.

We are playing a cup cake schedule and are barely playing .500 basketball.

When we started get blasted by PHX, GS, Utah and other good teams, what you gonna say then....
Everything is fine man. Y’all trippin panicking.

Vogel will figure it out. Lebron will get younger. AD will improve his shooting. Westbrook will improve his IQ. Jeanie will win the lottery.

Who likes multiple choice?

A. Ride it out the rest of the year with the same coach, same roster and hope they figure it out

B. Fire Vogel, promote Fizdale

C. Make wholesale changes - trade THT, Nunn, DJ, Bazemore, Bradley, and Ellington for quality wing depth and a competent big.

D. Hope Dame demands a trade to LA, convince Russ that all will be fine in Portland.

One of these will happen, which one it will be is the million dollar question lol

If we’re talking future plans my guess is Vogel get canned in the offseason, Lakers sniff around the buyout market for a taller guard or PF (no wings will be available) and if they can find a taker for Nunn maybe a small trade since he’s likely gone in the offseason anyway

A. Ride it out the rest of the year with the same coach, same roster and hope they figure it out

C. Make wholesale changes - trade THT, Nunn, DJ, Bazemore, Bradley, and Ellington for quality wing depth and a competent big.

D. Hope Dame demands a trade to LA, convince Russ that all will be fine in Portland.

One of these will happen, which one it will be is the million dollar question lol
D then c. Or combo of both

Waive DJ
Trade Tht and Nunn for jerami grant
Pick up Thad young on buyout
Waive AB
Pick up Damian Jones on buyout market
Trade baze for anything

ad/Howard/jones
Grant/Thad/ariza
Lebron/ariza/melo
Monk/Ellington
Russ/rondo/reaves

Or something to that effect

D then c. Or combo of both

Waive DJ
Trade Tht and Nunn for jerami grant
Pick up Thad young on buyout
Waive AB
Pick up Damian Jones on buyout market
Trade baze for anything

ad/Howard/jones
Grant/Thad/ariza
Lebron/ariza/melo
Monk/Ellington
Russ/rondo/reaves

Or something to that effect

the NEXT Pelinka perhaps :lol:

• Fire
Reactions: DLF

:rofl:

i like this dude,,i like your foresight,,how about package Lebron and his 3 pts shooting attempts,majority of them are bricks would you do it?

Reactions: DLF
FB_IMG_1638674006439.jpg

Predictions for the next 5 games?

With all the talent we have we SHOULD go 5-0.

With how they have been playing...

3-2...maybe.

Miss this guy...

Was nice when the Lakers had winning streaks...

But yeah we just figuring it out vs .500 teams...

Was thinking about Kobe today. My die harded-ness for the nba died with him. I’m so grateful to have been a fan during his entire 20 years on the court. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Same team. Same effort. 3 mini-unique primes. 2 of which lead to title(s). 1 of which was him scoring like no other player in the history of the league. Such a blessing

I don't get why anybody wouldn't want to play center in today's NBA. Nobody is banging out there anymore (nice).
Imagine having to defend David Robinson and duncan, Shaq, Ewing elbowing you in the face.
Today it's all soft, there's literally no difference playing 3-5 nowadays.

Can anybody shed some light on why AD hates the 5 or he's just being a *****?

My checklist for the season

1. DeAndre Jordan will be out of the lineup ✅
  2. Russ will improve as the season goes on ✅
  3. Reaves will be in the starting lineup
  4. Roster will improve thru trade and/or buyout market
  5. LeBron will play more than 3 consecutive games
  6. AD's shooting will have positive regression
  7. Bazemore/Bradley/rondo limited minutes/out of the lineup ✅
  8. THT will improve as the season goes on
  9. Monk comes into his own
  10. Ariza and Nunn get healthy
  11. Lakers enter the playoffs healthy (enough)
If all these things happen and they still suck that's when I'll start crying. Until then I know better.

I wonder if anyone realizes that doesn't mean anything
But losing to the clippers in December does? They had won 3/4 prior but that doesn't mean anything either. Being 5th as terrible as they've looked is a good thing.

Being tied for 5th in the west is like being a top student on a special Ed class, or like being a smart poster on Niketalk

Back
Top Bottom