Los Angeles vs San Diego

LA vs SD

• LA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It depends on what you want...

If you're in to partying, clubbing, seeing a different crowd every week, I would say LA. SD is pretty small and you will more than likely see the same people all the time. It really doesn't matter where you go, the Gaslamp, La Jolla, North Park, etc, you will run into the same people all the time.

If you're also easily bored, I would recommend LA, there are so much more to do and see compared to SD, from theme parks, shopping, beaches, ethnic areas, LA definitely has the upper hand. Colleges and Universities are the same way. Unless you are majoring in Medicine, UCSD will be the way to go, if you're for a party school, the only one that comes to mind would be SDSU, but LA still better hands down.

Sports, obviously LA has the upper hand.

Girls. About the same, same gassed up-spoiled broads but then again there are tons of beautiful women in both. So I would say its a tie.

Weather. Pretty much the same.

Atmosphere. Like it depends what you want. SD is really laid back compared to LA. Traffic in SD is bearable to non-existent compared to LA. I always find SD folks to be more chill and down to earth compared to LA folks, but then again I'm guessing it's just that "I have to make it big" attitude coming from a bigger, busier city.

Food. LA definitely has a bigger variety just because of all the different ethnic areas in LA, K-town, china town, Japan Town, the area where all the persians are (sorry don't know what its called).

but overall, even though it sounds lopsided and LA is definitely the place for younger folks, but I'm more into the laid-back, simple and chill lifestyle so I chose SD. I lived here for 12 years (moved when i was 18) and I can't see myself living elsewhere.
Thanks .

Are there any good party schools in LA ?

Thanks .
Are there any good party schools in LA ?

In LA proper there's pretty much only 3 schools...USC, UCLA, CSULA. Maybe the big two but I'm pretty sure they don't have that big rep as party schools...they have frat rows though :lol:

In the area...CS Fullerton maybe? Haha I went to UC Riverside so I don't know what a party is :frown: :lol:

Last edited:
Been to both once each. LA was my type of town. Money car and tan girls. Other then the traffic I could easily live in LA there just so much to do so many great restaurants you've got the kings ( I'm a hockey fan) Lakers Clippers and and the Galaxy. Not to mention that's the a whole bunch of surrounding city's that are so dope. I loved long beach city is cool as a mug. As far as SD is was cool played lots of great golf but other then that I was kinda bored. San Diego was kinda trashy the city it self. The surrounding city's like La jolla Carlsbad and del mar were sick. I would love to move to Cali after we will see.

Hope this helps OP

San Diego is a cool getaway city though, glad that it's less than two hours away.

THIS.

Wait , are there any Middle Eastern chicks in LA ?
Like Armenian , Persian etc .

I have one word for you: GLENDALE.

I'm in Corona. I like both cities, but if I had to give an edge if would have to be LA. it's just much more dynamic/diverse than SD. Like mentioned above, SD is a great getaway city. Almost feel like I'm in a completely different state when I visit even though it's only a little over an hour away from where I live.

Not to take anything away from SD, but there's just more things you can do in LA (even with the mess of LA traffic).

weather: SAME
girls: Depends on what you want...
food: LA
diversity: LA
traffic: SD

Last edited:
I moved down to Ontario/ Rancho Cucamonga area with my folks last year. Where are all the Indian chicks? Artesia/ Cerritos right?

I was born and raised in LA.
I currently reside in Chula Vista in south San Diego.
All my cousins and my mom's side of the family live in LA. Mom is the 5th of 12 children.
All my cousins on my dads side are here in San Diego. Dad is 1st of 9 children.
Huge family.

As for choosing..both have alot to offer.
Its all So*Cal love to me. Lakers and Chargers all day though.

I was born and raised in LA.
I currently reside in Chula Vista in south San Diego.
All my cousins and my mom's side of the family live in LA. Mom is the 5th of 12 children.
All my cousins on my dads side are here in San Diego. Dad is 1st of 9 children.
Huge family.

As for choosing..both have alot to offer.
Its all So*Cal love to me. Lakers and Chargers all day though.

I'm in Chula too! (Eastlake)

People in this thread saying New York are why I love the city (can't beat that urban feel) but am not a fan of the people who live there, thanks to your massive superiority complexes. 

Anyway, I grew up in San Diego and now live in LA, and you can't go wrong either way. I think I'd prefer to live in LA and have SD as an easy get away option, since it's really under 2 hours away, but I think I'd be bored living in SD all the time. As I said though, I'm definitely an urban person, and SD can't be beat for a chill, beachy vibe.

Also, traffic does suck in LA, but it's not like San Diego is traffic free. After work rush hour on the 5 is very reminiscent of LA.

Last edited:
SD?

LOL!

LA is like the cool older brother that smashes all the girls while SD listens

I moved down to Ontario/ Rancho Cucamonga area with my folks last year. Where are all the Indian chicks? Artesia/ Cerritos right?

Pioneer Blvd. ALL DAY.

As someone who was born and raised in Cerritos, this man knows.

All day...

I lived in Cerritos for about 8 years, right behind Heritage Park. I graduated from CHS too. :pimp: :nerd:
Definitely miss that area.

WHS here. Actually back living in Cerritos. I could definitely raise my family here. Clean city, good schools, not too far from LA or the OC beaches

Yo somebody in SD hook ya boy up with a room for whenever I make it down there :pimp:

I live in both of these cities.

CHICKS:

Chicks in San Diego are real chill. A lot of fine chicks due to the diversity of SD. My problem with SD is that it's too laid back. And that's how the chicks are. They have no goals mostly. They just want to live the easy life: party, hike, beach.

Chicks in LA are drama. Everyone wants to be a star. With that said, just about everyone of them will get down with you. In Hollywood specifically, you never know who you are dealing with. Anybody can be an important person or on the verge of being an important person. So therefore chicks are super thirsty and never hesitate to give it up, especially if you have something to offer.

FOOD:

San Diego has not impressed me at all with food. I think the "best" (subjective) they have to offer is Ruths Chris. The Mexican joints are pathetic considering we are right next to Mexico. I pretty much stick to National City where I can get my Pho, filipino, Vietnamese etc and it's GREAT! Unfortunately I haven't been impressed much by anything else. Fish tacos are hit and miss.

Also in SD, a "cafe" is considered a restaurant and not a coffee shop. Legit coffee shops are hard to come by in SD. San Diego's grub hub is wack too.

In LA, food is good. I like the Glendale and Pasadena areas because I'm Asian. Actually I'm pacific islander. I'm sexy, w/e; and so is LA.

LIFESTYLE OF SAN DIEGO:

San Diego is really just meant for military, retirees and tourists. SLOOOOOW lifestyle in a big city. Everything is 30-45 minutes away with a stupid public transit. Matter of fact, if you want to party downtown don't even think about taking public transit as a safe option against drunk driving. Your safest option is a $75 cab ride home. Or, you could park somewhere for $20, then pay a $20 cover to the club, and then pay $20 for a drink.

Plenty of hole in the wall bars though with lots of chill people and relaxing environments. Lots of beaches, lots of hiking. Pollution is at a minimum. Nice clean oceanic air. Coronado is the tourist spot. Cowles Mtn is the hiking spot.

One important thing: you never know who is going to mess you up in SD. Navy Seals, Marines, MMA and lots of cartel.

LIFESTYLE OF LA:

Fast and furious. Anything is possible in LA if you have the brains and money. I've seen nobodies become famous overnight because of some carefully planned partying. The baddest chicks from every small town moves to LA and becomes a waitress. No joke. Like I said before, all the chicks want to bang and they don't want to hang. You have a better chance with a one night stand than getting some chick to meet you, text you or call more than TWICE. This is the entertainment capital of the world to be honest. So you will get what you expect I believe.

Pollution is ******ed. It hits you like a rapist. I just got sick for a week and I have no doubt it was from LA pollution. I hadn't been that sick since I was a child.

BASICALLY: Both cities have bad A chicks. The personalities are completely different. In LA, you never know who can make you famous. And in SD, you never know who can kill you. One city is for entertainment, the other city is for dying at an old age.

I couldn't live without a healthy dose of both.

Last edited:
man i work in DTLA and i don't even know what i'd consider LA anymore.

do ya'll span it to santa monica? hollywood? downtown area? or are you guys just calling everything within LA county, LA?

Last edited:
Sd hands down , unless you looking for the club life , either way la is a short drive .

Back
Top Bottom