LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

I found it funny that you would see other random survivors in the background as extras. Their groups must've been wondering why kate, sawyer, jack and the rest of that group is always getting into some kind of trouble.

Loll Lost had soooo much random moments bro.

The show really was an experience.

Sayid was that dude.

ben was all on jacob nuts and he had never even met him lmaoo

They completely played my dude walter.

So if the island was limbo..how did people age there..like benjamin linus? in fact the only person that didnt was richard. how do you age in limbo?

:lol: @ so many still hurt off that crappy final season.

6 years aint enough.

The whole show was a build up to the finale though.

Literally waited years for a solid answer/conclusion and they gave us that :stoneface:
Nah man, I thoroughly enjoy s1-4 just off the story telling, acting, and character development. That alone was a fun ride. S5 was good too. Locke, Ben, and Desmond gave me enough memories. Hurley and Sawyer brought the lulz.

I still am like :smokin any time I see Nestor Carbonell on any tv show or in any movie. Son will be Richard Alpert forever to me.

So I'm thankful for that.

Yes I wanted answers and solid ones but once I got the Dharma Initiative answers in S5 and how they gave it to us. Something felt a bit off. Especially with that nonsensical kill young Ben and now the others save him by "changing" him which explains why he's such a bastard I knew something was off.

S6 was just finishing off a show that just wasn't quite the same after the writer's strike. Those OG plans not being done still have me like :smh:

When the show ended the way it did with that lame weird purgatory afterlife flashes the hate ended up fading shortly after the season was over. I still at least got good endings for most of my fab characters and I got to see Jack die while Ben lived :pimp:

That one ****** season can't negate the great and good ones.

Last edited:
Loll Lost had soooo much random moments bro.

The show really was an experience.

Sayid was that dude.

ben was all on jacob nuts and he had never even met him lmaoo

They completely played my dude walter.

So if the island was limbo..how did people age there..like benjamin linus? in fact the only person that didnt was richard. how do you age in limbo?
:rofl: The island was not limbo.

The island is a real place in the world. It was a magical island that held the world's or universe's "light" within it while also keeping the world's/universe's darkness/evil trapped on it..... for reasons. It needed a person to protect it and after a time the protector had a #1 who managed the ppl the protector and the island brought to the island.

The main reason Jacob brought ppl to the island was due to a disagreement with his brother (that he sorta killed/merged with the darkness trapped in the island i.e. the smoke monster) over humanity which they settled with a game to prove whether or not that all of humanity wasn't destructive corrupted worthless beings.

A game I think Jacob technically won even though he had to die to win :lol:

Last edited:
roll.gif
The island was not limbo.

The island is a real place in the world. It was a magical island that held the world's or universe's "light" within it while also keeping the world's/universe's darkness/evil trapped on it..... for reasons. It needed a person to protect it and after a time the protector had a #1 who managed the ppl the protector and the island brought to the island.

The main reason Jacob brought ppl to the island was due to a disagreement with his brother (that he sorta killed/merged with the darkness trapped in the island i.e. the smoke monster) over humanity which they settled with a game to prove whether or not that all of humanity wasn't destructive corrupted worthless beings.

A game I think Jacob technically won even though he had to die to win
laugh.gif
Hol' up...... what?

Hol' up...... what?
What to what? :lol: Which part? Can't be all of it.

The island was definitely not limbo though. That couldn't have been more clear. Everything that happened really did happen.

As far as what I'm talking about most of that was in S6 and sprinkled throughout. The crazy lady who was the protector of the island that killed Jacob's and his brother's mother explained a lot of this in a cryptic way to Jacob.

The rest you can piece together from Jacob's interactions with his brother and the Dharma initiative swan station/hatch talk.

What was great about the show was how in depth they got into a lot of the characters' lives. There was so much substance. The flashbacks were so lit and had us wanting to know what kinda lives these people had before the island. Locke getting pushed out of a window such a wth moment. Stuff like Sawyer's letter was great. Wasn't sweet as a peach Kate a fugitive? The henry gale stuff messed with our minds.

this show sucked cuz of how they did walt

i dont think any show has every hyped a character only to drop them as soon as they proclaim him

What was great about the show was how in depth they got into a lot of the characters' lives. There was so much substance. The flashbacks were so lit and had us wanting to know what kinda lives these people had before the island. Locke getting pushed out of a window such a wth moment. Stuff like Sawyer's letter was great. Wasn't sweet as a peach Kate a fugitive? The henry gale stuff messed with our minds.
Exactly. Rewatching it now and there's about 6-8 shows you could do with 3 characters a piece. A torturer looking for a childhood love, a father gives up his son then gets him back when the mother dies, a boy loses his parents cuz of a con artist becomes a con artist, a doctor with a strained relationship with his high functioning alcoholic father that is obsessed with fixing things and can't let anything go then has to deal with his father's death, a guy who was an orphan growing up in foster care living a life unfulfilled takes L after L getting played by his moms and father fails in relationships fails with friends but still believes in Destiny and has faith in himself struggling through life, etc.

That sort of character storytelling was a lot of times on The Wire and Oz level.

this show sucked cuz of how they did walt

i dont think any show has every hyped a character only to drop them as soon as they proclaim him
Writer's strike :smh:

They definitely strang us along with Walt and as it went along it really looks that way. Thing is they just weren't gonna make this kid who wasn't that good of an actor the centralnfigure of the island's mystery going forward.

The show sidnt suck just cuz of how they played Walt.

Looking back Walt was just another special kid the island brought there in a long line of special kids and ppl that came there; special like a young man in black who saw and talked to his dead mother, a young Ben who did the same, a young Miles who was like some last moments of your life detective, special like Desmond and Locke.

They just dumped that story line. What they did his father was the real crime.

Last edited:
This thread actually has me wanting to watch the show again. I've never rewatched a show.

My dude Jin repped for us Asian guys. Didn't they show that sun cheated on him in a flashback?

the lost thread was great. i'd be watching the show then post during commercials. finally got around to dl the chronological version and that'll be my main watch after ep 12 of mr robot. one of my favorite, most memorable scenes was
I forget, is this the same episode where Charlie writes down his "greatest hits"? That's one of my all-time faves.

This thread actually has me wanting to watch the show again. I've never rewatched a show.

My dude Jin repped for us Asian guys. Didn't they show that sun cheated on him in a flashback?
Yup with this other bald headed Asian dude.

Rewatching this show this way got me disliking some characters I didn't like or didn't care for a while lot more :lol: :smh:

Locke took so many Ls!

Sun is despicable for why she cheated. She's the one that made it so Jin had to work for her father and basically became an enforcer. Should've just let him know his mom is alive and was a ho.

Jack just became more dislikable. He had serious issues. All in all was a real a-hole.

Last edited:
I might fire this up again, Still the best 1st season of all time. All time.
It's up there.

Other great season 1s that come to mind for me are Prison Break and Homeland.

I'm sure there are a few other shows that this argument could be made for.

Seeing this thread bumped makes we want to give LOST a rewatch, but my TV show backlog is
sick.gif
right now.
laugh.gif

I miss the LOST threads on NT; joints used to be lit.
nthat.gif

Wow, so many memories watching that show week to week and running to post on NT about our "theories" about what was going on....

YO I gotta say....NT was awesome back then...not to say it isn't now, but I just remember that era of NT having way more great threads.

Those theories got old real quick. At least for me. People overanalyzed the hell out of everything. The writers were probably laughing in the writing room filling the episodes with symbols that they'll never have to connect to anything.

jin seems like a super cool guy irl. he would never look upset when people asked to take pics with him at the gym/health club.

poor sawyer got robbed ala home invasion in a gated community i used to live in. i hear he was a pretty nice guy irl too.

gonna relive so many feels when i rewatch.

It settled. We're all watching this again. Show is too lit to avoid for too long.

Hurley with the goat lottery win and the chicken spot. Son copped the chick and the hummer. Hood rich.

Bruhhhh when charlie wrote on his hand not pennys boat...blew my whole life game b. I couldnt trust anything anymore.

Pennys dad was such an f boy.

My homegirl just started watching the show. She on S03. Texting me every time crazy **** happens. Takes me back man

Show is so good. Loved the thread here on NT. Theories were so wild, NTers putting me on those Lost Easter eggs, random DHARMA sites, y'all even had me watch Cloverfield twice in the theater looking for Lost Easter eggs. Really was an experience. I'll rewatch again some day

that mr clucks chicken spot that got hit by a meteor is the popeyes that i hit up for lunch by my job [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm noticing the #s more. The 4 scratches on Jack's face :lol:

I'm also wondering if Locke was "infected" Way back in S1 when he came face to gaseous presence with Smokey.

Last edited:
This show was my favorite experience ever. I was so mad with the ending no matter how many times its explained to me. Think of rewatching it as my daughter wants to see it.

Thinking I might watch episode 1 today and I'll just use this thread to post my thoughts as I go through it. All are welcome to start again as well.

Back
Top Bottom