LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Reading about the shows is just as good as watching them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Someone school me on the woman in the church and the butcher woman that Ben goes to meet.

I think someone said one is Desmond's mom dukes?

Gimme the run down.
nerd.gif

EBW word...which is why I said the first 2 episodes answered some questions...I'm about to watch them again via my phone..

James...I'm not sure if anybody knows for sure who those women are...when I saw the woman in the church my guess it was Faradays mother..

Someone school me on the woman in the church and the butcher woman that Ben goes to meet.

I think someone said one is Desmond's mom dukes?

Gimme the run down.
nerd.gif

Ben's goons got goons. He seems to have a team of people he workswith in the outside world.

The woman is the church is Ms Hawking:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ms. Hawking[/h1] [h3]From Lostpedia[/h3]
Jump to: navigation, search
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Ms. Hawking
Portrayed by Fionnula Flanagan

Portrayed by [[{{{Actor1}}}]] and [[{{{Actor2}}}]]

First seen

"Flashes Before Your Eyes" (flashback)

Last seen

{{{Last}}}

Appeared in

{{{Appearances}}}

Mentioned in

{{{Mentioned}}}

Centric episode(s)

{{{Centric}}}

Name

Hawking

Also known as

{{{AKA}}}

{{{Age}}}

Date of birth

{{{Birth}}}

Date of death

{{{Death}}}

({{{DeathEp}}})

Origin

London, England

Profession

Jewelry store cashier

In Australia...

{{{ReasonAus}}}

On the plane...

{{{ReasonTrip}}}

On the island...

{{{IslandReason}}}

Family members

{{{Family}}}

Connection

She met Desmond when he tried to buy a ring from her
She's helping Ben to reunite the Oceanic Six and bring them back to the Island.

Season(s)

S1 - S2 - S3 - MP - S4 - S5 - S6

[[:Category:smh:{{Images}}}|Images]]

Ms. Hawking is a mysterious character who appears to have accurate knowledge of the future and the workings of time. She does not have total foreknowledge of events, however, as she could not see whether Ben and the Oceanic Six would make it back to the Island; mentioning that if they didn't then "God help us all". She appears to have common interests with Ben, working to help him rediscover the island. She was described as a "temporal policeman" by Damon Lindelof.
[table][tr][td]
[h2]Contents[/h2]
[/td] [/tr][/table]http:// [h2]In Desmond's Past[/h2]
Ms. Hawking worked at the store where Desmond went to buy an engagement ring for Penny during his first time shift after he turned the failsafe key.

When she showed him a ring and he told her he would take it, she seemed upset and responded by telling Desmond he would not. After Desmond refused to give the ring back she explained to Desmond that she knows his name, that he will break Penny's heart and he will not marry her, instead entering the sailing race to prove Penny's father wrong, and that he will go to the Island and press the button for three years until forced to turn the failsafe key. She said that if he "doesn't do those things", that "every single one of us is dead".

Ms. Hawking and Desmond buying chestnuts. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes") (promotional still)

As Desmond refused to give the ring back she decided to take a walk with him. While on their walk she drew Desmond's attention to a man wearing a suit and red shoes, saying it was a "bold fashion choice". As she and Desmond sat on a bench she tried to explain to Desmond that he must not ask Penny to marry him. She said that it was his "path" to go to the Island. At this point in the episode, it could be noticed that Ms. Hawking was wearing a pin, an ouroboros; a circular serpent with its tail in its mouth, representing life as a cycle. But this particular one wasn't eating its tail. Then all of a sudden a large crash was heard behind them as the scaffolding from a construction job falls to the ground. As she and Desmond turn around, a pair of legs with red shoes were shown sticking out from under the pile of rubble. As Desmond realized this is the man she pointed out earlier, she admitted to knowing that he would die. When confronted by Desmond as to why she did not warn the man she informed him that he would have been hit by a taxi the next day, and if she had warned him about that he would have broken his neck in the shower. As Desmond stared blankly at her, she explained that the universe has a way of "course correcting" (a phrase Desmond later recites to Charlie), and that death cannot be avoided. Her last words to Desmond were that pressing the button is the only great thing he will ever do in his life. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")

She also appeared in a photo on the desk of Brother Campbell. ("Catch-22")

Ms. Hawking warns Ben. ("The Lie")
http:// [h2]Working with Ben[/h2]
Three years after the rescue of the Oceanic 6, Ms. Hawking was seen working closely with Benjamin Linus in an attempt to reunite the Oceanic 6 and to bring them back to the island. She was seen working in a lab, attempting to plot out the next location of an "event" using a giant swinging pendulum (possibly a Foucault pendulum), a chalkboard, and a computer (an Apple III, a model made from 1980 to 1984). After determining the point, she met with Ben, informing him that he had only seventy hours to return to the island, a goal that Ben insisted he could not meet. Ms. Hawking warned him that he had no choice, and that "God help us all" should he fail. ("The Lie")
http:// [h2]Trivia[/h2]
  • No one on the show actually calls her "Ms. Hawking", nor does she ever introduce herself that way; the name only appears in cast credits. Therefore her real name may be something entirely different, like Tom.
  • Her last name is the same as that of the physicist Stephen Hawking, who wrote A Brief History of Time, the book seen being read by Aldo in "Not in Portland", and in Ben's living space in "The Man from Tallahassee".
  • The pin she wears on her shoulder wrap outside is an ouroborous, an ancient symbol representing cyclicality, and more recently said by Jung to represent the human psyche. This particular one is wrapped around its tail rather than eating it.
  • In the movie The Others, Fionnuala Flanagan's character Bertha Mills was dead, along with all of the other main characters in the film. The film's heroine, Grace Stewart (played by Nicole Kidman), believed herself to be alive. Once Grace began having flashes of memories of the events that had killed her, Bertha revealed the true nature of the situation with a staged photograph of Bertha's corpse.
  • The producers clarified that by "every one of us will die" she meant every one in the world. (Official Lost Podcast/February 20, 2007)
  • In an interview with ew.com the producers suggest that Ms. Hawking travels through time. LINDELOF: "Unless you travel back in time, like Mrs. Hawking does." [1]
  • Ms. Hawking shares a few similarities to the characters Frank and Grandma Death in the movie Donnie Darko, including her observation that everyone dies. A similar line in Donnie Darko is "every living thing dies alone."

Ms. Hawking with Brother Campbell. ("Catch-22")
  • Ms. Hawking appears in a picture with Brother Campbell when Desmond goes to ask him about leaving the monastery.
    • This photo is a composite, since the angles and contrast are different, both from character to character, and between both characters and the background.
  • On the Season 3 DVD, Damon Lindelof describes Hawking as "some sort of temporal policeman in place to make sure that everybody who is supposed to get to the island, does." He says this is related to the grand scale of Fate versus free will.[sup][source needed][/sup]
http://

And this is all we know about the butcher:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jill[/h1] [h3]From Lostpedia[/h3]
Jump to: navigation, search
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]This article/section is a stub
This article/section is short and lacking information. You can help Lostpedia by expanding it.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Jill
Portrayed by Mary Mara

Portrayed by [[{{{Actor1}}}]] and [[{{{Actor2}}}]]

First seen

"The Lie"

Last seen

{{{Last}}}

Appeared in

{{{Appearances}}}

Mentioned in

{{{Mentioned}}}

Centric episode(s)

{{{Centric}}}

Name

Jill

Also known as

{{{Age}}}

Date of birth

{{{Birth}}}

Date of death

{{{Death}}}

({{{DeathEp}}})

Origin

{{{Place}}}

Profession

Butcher

In Australia...

{{{ReasonAus}}}

On the plane...

{{{ReasonTrip}}}

On the island...

{{{IslandReason}}}

Family members

{{{Family}}}

Connection

{{{Link}}}

Season(s)

S1 - S2 - S3 - MP - S4 - S5 - S6

[[:Category:smh:{{Images}}}|Images]]

Jill is a butcher who knows and apparently works for Ben. She watches Locke's body for Ben while he's out getting the rest of the Oceanic 6 together to return to the Island. She appears to know about Ben's plan to bring the Oceanic 6 back to the Island and, when asked, confirms that other elements of the plan are progressing as planned.She made a snide remark about Jack's addiction to pills. Ben defended Jack, telling Jill to "cut the man some slack". ("The Lie")
http:// [h2]Trivia[/h2]
In the casting call Jill is described as "Late 20s to late 30s; any ethnicity. A butcher who is one hard-as-nails cool chick. A tomboy, bit of a searcher, and highly competent beyond her station in life..."

And people have be speculating that Hawking is Desmond'smomma.

i thought it was clear the reason why the women on the island was havng problems was cuz of ben and wat happen when he was born?

and i also thought everybody thought when we seen Faraday in the suit down under ground in the beginning that that was doing the time when he was in the forestlooking for his back pack for over 2 hrs but i guess not
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Power just went out at the crib so i'm posting from the laptop with the internet USB connection. They said the timeframe for the power in the area to beback is 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
sick.gif
sick.gif
If I don't get to see LOST tonight i'm gonna be F U R I O U S.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

indifferent.gif

Power just went out at the crib so i'm posting from the laptop with the internet USB connection. They said the timeframe for the power in the area to be back is 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
sick.gif
sick.gif
If I don't get to see LOST tonight i'm gonna be F U R I O U S.
roll.gif
man that sucks. go out and buy a power generator
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom