Louis Vuitton Settles New Balance 574 Lawsuit

via COUNTERKICKS.com

Louis Vuitton Settles New Balance 574 Lawsuit

louis-vuitton-minstrel-vs-new-balance-574-lawsuit-600x203.jpg

Louis Vuitton announced today that it has reached a settlement with New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. and will stop selling the LV "Minstrel" shoe whichNew Balance stated was an infringement on it's best-selling 574 design. "Respecting and protecting the integrity of intellectual property isessential, and is a top priority for Louis Vuitton," said Michael Pantalony, Louis Vuitton's North American Director of Civil Enforcement. Added in aNew Balance company statement on the matter, Ed Haddad, Vice President of Intellectual Property at New Balance said: "We appreciate Louis Vuitton'scooperation in promptly resolving this matter. Both companies are united in the fight to protect intellectual property."

Interesting bit of news... didn't even know that LV sold such a shoe...

Did Nike ever have a problem with Bape copying the AF1?

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^ I think LV's research was just copying the 574

Agreed. The shoes are weak anyways. Who'd pay $400 for thos LV's anyways? Probably a good idea to stop making them.

how does alife get away with their mock-574/576?? Or like Sinner said about Bape and Nike?

Originally Posted by PumpLance

how does alife get away with their mock-574/576?? Or like Sinner said about Bape and Nike?
IMO, I think its all about how far Nike wants to go. I know Nike is more interested in innovating; if competitors just copy their work, its morea form of flattery.

I know Nike has bigger problems in the world of variants (fakes). I think for all the dough they could be spending on lawsuits on legit footwear companies,instead they spend it shutting down variant makers which dig into their pockets a whole lot more.

Other than the BAPE/AF1s, my favorite knock-offs are the Neon 95s/Skechers & the AJ 4/LA Gears. The list goes on.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

Idk why they copied New Balance is trash

False.
True. New Balance is as fresh as airwalks from payless
laugh.gif
. Mygrandma wears new balance aint nothin cool about em.
roll.gif

Wow those look identical without the New Balance "N". And yeah there's no reason to hate on 574's. They're one of the most comfortableeveryday shoes I've ever worn.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by PumpLance

IMO, I think its all about how far Nike wants to go. I know Nike is more interested in innovating; if competitors just copy their work, its more a form of flattery.

I know Nike has bigger problems in the world of variants (fakes). I think for all the dough they could be spending on lawsuits on legit footwear companies, instead they spend it shutting down variant makers which dig into their pockets a whole lot more.

Other than the BAPE/AF1s, my favorite knock-offs are the Neon 95s/Skechers & the AJ 4/LA Gears. The list goes on.

I agree to an extent but from what i read if bape were to go public they would be worth 1-2 billion dollars, maybe the shape of the AF1 is too generic for themto really go after bape, who knows I'm sure they didn't ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom