Love eating crabs in the summer...

14b2660697ca17df11639e04c275069afd6ca4b1_r.jpg

Got some Sonic burgers & then some crabs & steamed shrimp to watch the Spurs vs Thunder last night. Besides the humidity, I love summers in the DelMarVa "urea". Nothing like sitting down to eat some crabs with friends & family. Have you guys been getting your crab eating on yet?

i hate eating whole crabs, but i love the alaskan crab legs... might get some next week

Originally Posted by OutLaw2j

i hate eating whole crabs, but i love the alaskan crab legs... might get some next week
yep. i love crab legs, just havent really got into eating the entire thing.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Are you guys originally from the region or transplants?

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Are you guys originally from the region or transplants?

Man I'm from the area and don't really like whole crabs. 
laugh.gif

I spent a lot of time in Florida as a kid cause I got family down there and when I would get back home I would hate eating full crabs because down there my fam would do fish and crab legs and it was so much easier. 

Whole crabs are cool sometimes though. Its serious business to some people up here. 

Truthfully, I don't eat crabs all the time. I really gotta be in the mood but when I do get in the mood, I can tear some up. My wife could probably have them every week throughout the year if she could. I guess what I like most is "breaking bread" with family & friends while shooting the s$%t.

I used to work with a dude that would eat crabs 4-5 times a week throughout the whole year. He'd get a dozen, go down to his basement man cave with some fanta orange soda & go to town...

too much work, not enough reward. eating crabs just seems like somethin to do for a social gathering...

We got some more this past weekend, large ones along with some steamed shrimp. Mmmm...We cooked some steaks on the grill before hand along with grill veggies...Watched game 7 of the eastern conference finals & then the Bradley fight. Needless to say, it was a great Saturday night...

Josednk1068 wrote:
Who has the best deals in the DMV ?
Ha, ha. There are no good deals. Crabs are expensive every where. We got a hook up this past Sat or we would've gotten some mediums for $42.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Well DAMN psk.

Joints is no guts left chest face GONE status.

I don't really mess with crabs like that anymore though (and haven't for years).

Originally Posted by tactusjack

I mess with Alaskan Crab legs -less work. The best crabs I had was in Jamaica.
Jamaican food is good period. The curries, corned beef & cabbage, jerk chicken, jerk pork, rice & peas, pilau, bulla, & coco bread...Mmm, gonna have to make some curry chicken for Sunday dinner...

Best places down my way, May's, Dutchs Daughter, and Camerons has decent prices but, it is a lot of work...crab cakes n FOOTBALLLLLL

Originally Posted by tactusjack

I mess with Alaskan Crab legs -less work. The best crabs I had was in Jamaica.

TOTES diff flavor.  Y'all makin me hungry w/this thread.  I love some soft shelled crabs too.  UMPH!  My fam's in southern md, so I usually get the best seafood down there when I'm with fam.
pimp.gif

soft shelled crabs are heaven. Pops used to have the hook up with some dudes up in Gloucester, whole bushels and dozens of soft shelled crabs for the lowski. Fresh seafood might be the best thing about the Hampton Roads area.

Eating whole crabs is where it's at!! The best crabs i ever had is when I bought a bunch of live crabs, steamed those suckers, take em out put some vinegar and a lot of old bay on them, thank me later.......

Back
Top Bottom