Low Winter Sun - Premiers August 11th on AMC

I was able to see the pilot at the Austin Television Festival this year and loved what I saw. I actually sat right next to Mark Strong and Lennie James during the viewing. If you're a fan of Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead, you should be able to get into this show.

View media item 518199
About the Show

The AMC Original Series Low Winter Sun is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. Low Winter Sun begins with the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective. Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter the detective’s life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Based on the award-winning 2006 British miniseries of the same name, Low Winter Sun stars Mark Strong (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Zero Dark Thirty) and co-stars Lennie James (The Walking Dead, Jericho, Snatch). Chris Mundy (Criminal Minds, Cold Case) serves as writer, executive producer and showrunner. Season one consists of ten, one-hour episodes.

Low Winter Sun follows Breaking Bad on Sunday nights beginning Sun., Aug. 11.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. So it's based on a British show and stars 2 British actors who are playing Detroit detectives. I'm going to check out who played the original roles.

Why do I get the feeling that the op is an amc promoter to get more ppl to watch the show.

I'll out an ep. But you ain't fooling me op.

Twd and breaking bad have zero things in common.

Lol @ me being an AMC promoter. I just saw the pilot at a television festival and liked it.

It's just a tv show man. Chill.

Last edited:
I checked the synopsis and it mentioned the DPD so when I heard Detroit born and raised I tried to put two and two together.

I'm just wondering if the story is in Det but they cold enough not to actually film it in the D.

Last edited:
I watched the first ep. and I like what I saw.

iTunes has the first ep. for free.

I watched this because it was right after BrBa (like everyone else), and I really enjoyed. I will definitely watch this week. I'm a sucker for gritty cop shows like The Shield.

I watched this because it was right after BrBa (like everyone else), and I really enjoyed. I will definitely watch this week. I'm a sucker for gritty cop shows like The Shield.
Check out Luther. I haven''t seen it, but I know that it's about a cop.

training day. You must watch this movie.

the wire. You must watch this show.

Inside man. great movie!

Also check out Bad Boys 1 and 2 for the lulz.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the pilot episode. Just couldn't get the fact that Morgan seemed to act like Morgan in the show. Haha. But the story looks promising and the fact Mark Strong is the lead in the show, that will always be a thumbs up for me.

What's funny is that mark strong starred in the british version of this show.

:lol: @ this dude Frank getting played. He been on this chick's memory all season and she called him a trick.

Even though most ppl hate that this is coming after the final season of one of the greatest shows ever I'm enjoying this show the same way I'm enjoying Ray Donavan.

Crazy war vet kid with that hit :pimp: That was a dope scene all around.

Wow @ this wild finale.

This writing, Mark Strong's acting :smokin

EDIT

These ************* are corrupt.

CORRUPT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom