Lowest BBall IQ

Ben Gordon? what haha...He is one of the best 4th quarter scores in the game..Just because he was cold doesn't mean he has a low IQ..Shooters are told tokeep shooting...Plus that's the coaches' choice to bench him, not him....

Originally Posted by arff23

Ben Gordon? what haha...He is one of the best 4th quarter scores in the game..Just because he was cold doesn't mean he has a low IQ..Shooters are told to keep shooting...Plus that's the coaches' choice to bench him, not him....

yeah, I'm really gonna trust a rookie coaches decision making in a game 7.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

There are times during Rocket games where i swear Artest has the lowest bball iq

word... i placed bets against them and on them and at times he would do stuff and i would be like what the hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vendetta

JR is making a strong case for himself right now. Travis Outlaw is up there too.
a strong case against the allegation of having a low bball iq? yes. +27 on the court in the second round 2 of the playoffs in game 2. but hey,I guess any idiot could accomplish that.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

people will learn not to say J.r smith cause hes obviously doing something right
sadly, no they won't. but i'm hopeful that you're right. too many people don't actually watch basketball, they just like to talkabout it like they do.
eyes.gif

and smh at whoever mentioned ben gordon. are you kidding?

1. Samuel Dalembert - has atleast 2 of the dumbest goaltends that you will ever see per game, and I really do think if you asked the guy he would tell youhe's the best center in the league
2. Marcus Camby - everybody talks about Iverson leaving helping Denver, but this dude would always grab a rebound and instead of giving an outlet pass to thepoint he would just jet down the floor trying to throw a no look pass or a finger-roll with somebody standing right in front of him
3. Rodney Carney - should be on the track not on the basketball court
4. Gerald Green - he doesn't study game tape, he studies Youtube highlights
5. Kwame Brown - no explanation needed

Overall, I actually think J.R. has a pretty decent feel for the game. He takes bad shots, but he also makes bad shots. I think he just needs to learn to attackthe paint when the J is not falling. After you go 0 - 6 from three, it is not the time to dribble around and rifle another bomb; instead, he should use histremendous athleticism to make a move towards the paint. Or, @!!! just pass the rock. He has Carmelo, Chauncey, and Nene on the squad.

Originally Posted by soychulo

I think Odom actually has a decent basketball IQ.
Of course he does! He's able to play as a point forward. He's just got a weak heart when it matters lol (playoffs/crunch time/4th quarterft's)

^ he actually has a very high iq. its just he doesnt really show up during big gms, and in his early yrs, he would get into trouble and his mind was on weedrather the gm.

if you watched him when he was on the clippers and heat he was running the pt forward position

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Josh smith
J.R smith
Tony allen
Ginobili
Anthony Roberson
Jamal Crawford (would be better used as a 6th man) - cannot start if team expects to go anywhere
Adam Morrison
Darko Milicic
Jason Richardson
Baron Davis and Gibert Arenas have two of the lowest bball iqs for a pg
Julian Wright
Gerald Wallace
Rashad McCants

Can someone "define" a basketball IQ for me?

Is it all, knowing when to shoot, pass, or not go up for a block
grin.gif

I think having a high basketball iq is best described as playing high percentage basketball. Always looking to get the best possible shot on offense, usingcourt position in an attempt to always tying to put the other team in a disadvantage, and using your ability to put your team/teammates in a better position tosucceed. Obviously not turning the ball over would go into that but teams need to have risk takers on their team to help give them a spark - so guys like (imo)Josh Smith (the lowest i've seen) do have low bball iq but teams don't/shouldn't need them for their iq.
High iq bball example? Jason Kidd has the highest bball iq i've ever seen.

i'd say jamal crawford even though i love his crossovers.. he always made bad decisions on his shot selection.. he needed somebody to tell him what to do..he'd be lost without coaches or mentors on the court.. i feel bad for this guy.. i always like this guy..

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by Vendetta

JR is making a strong case for himself right now. Travis Outlaw is up there too.
a strong case against the allegation of having a low bball iq? yes. +27 on the court in the second round 2 of the playoffs in game 2. but hey, I guess any idiot could accomplish that.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

people will learn not to say J.r smith cause hes obviously doing something right
sadly, no they won't. but i'm hopeful that you're right. too many people don't actually watch basketball, they just like to talk about it like they do.
eyes.gif

and smh at whoever mentioned ben gordon. are you kidding?
QFT on this one. Anyone that's watched Nuggets games this year know that JR may make the occasional dumb play but his improved decision makingskills is one of the main reasons the Nuggets are doing so well.

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

those Odom videos are classic...

i'd say JR Smith and Jamal Crawford definitely have the lowest-i struggle watching them play

with respect to Odom I dont necessarily think its a low IQ but rather his mind is just not in the game sometimes. like mentally dude is somewhere in his cribrelaxing while his physical body is just running around in the staples center

i would have to say JR smith, KMART, and the Detroit Pistons for passing on Dwade, Carmelo, or Bosh...and trading Billups.

James posey - Fool can't dribble, and when he tries ta take the ball to the hole, he starts trippin ova...
eyes.gif
Fool aint got no handles
Michael ruffin
Mark blount - just catch & shoot the DAMN ball no matter the situation
Greg oden

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Overall, I actually think J.R. has a pretty decent feel for the game. He takes bad shots, but he also makes bad shots. I think he just needs to learn to attack the paint when the J is not falling. After you go 0 - 6 from three, it is not the time to dribble around and rifle another bomb; instead, he should use his tremendous athleticism to make a move towards the paint. Or, @!!! just pass the rock. He has Carmelo, Chauncey, and Nene on the squad.
he does that a lot more now. people gotta watch the games before they comment on dude.

some of the names people are throwing out are just plain ridiculous right now. I think maybe we need a thread on lowest NT member IQ.

now kenyon martin has a low iq? oh man...

Back
Top Bottom