LTO question

kingcrux31

Staff member
How much is the penalty for overspeeding on NLEX?
nerd.gif

Wow, pretty hefty fine may seminar pa. I'm telling all my buddies, thanks for the link.

Wow, pretty hefty fine may seminar pa. I'm telling all my buddies, thanks for the link.

I have first-hand experience on this!I got apprehended by NLEX police on overspeeding last Jan. I can't remember how much the fine was... But I know it ddn't go over P1,500 they confiscated my license and I had to claim it from LTO East Ave. Charge it to experience... Btw. Lto said if I get caught again its 3mos license suspension and 3rd time they'll revoke my license!

I have first-hand experience on this!I got apprehended by NLEX police on overspeeding last Jan. I can't remember how much the fine was... But I know it ddn't go over P1,500 they confiscated my license and I had to claim it from LTO East Ave. Charge it to experience... Btw. Lto said if I get caught again its 3mos license suspension and 3rd time they'll revoke my license!

my friend got apprehended too. not sure how much he paid but he did go to the seminar.

wow never knew this.. I've been hitting 160-180 along NLEX, SLEX and SCTEX but never encountered any police people.. How are they doing it? and since when have they started doing this?
I've seen in the news that they are now doing this along commonwealth.. Any idea how they are doing it? Is it like in the states where a car is parked secretly and then suddenly it will pop out to chase you?

wow never knew this.. I've been hitting 160-180 along NLEX, SLEX and SCTEX but never encountered any police people.. How are they doing it? and since when have they started doing this?
I've seen in the news that they are now doing this along commonwealth.. Any idea how they are doing it? Is it like in the states where a car is parked secretly and then suddenly it will pop out to chase you?

I think it's on a particular portion of NLEX that they have a radar gun that will shot every vehicle (correct me if i'm wrong)...

Regarding the one where the radar traps are... They're mainly along the viaduct, the long bridge and at the last fly over before the toll booth when heading back to Manila. Also look for stopped cars along the shoulder of the highway as these are under cover cars with police in them with radar guns... (Got these from another forum)...

Hope this helps!

I think it's on a particular portion of NLEX that they have a radar gun that will shot every vehicle (correct me if i'm wrong)...

Regarding the one where the radar traps are... They're mainly along the viaduct, the long bridge and at the last fly over before the toll booth when heading back to Manila. Also look for stopped cars along the shoulder of the highway as these are under cover cars with police in them with radar guns... (Got these from another forum)...

Hope this helps!

I never saw any of those (stopped cars along the highway, flyover police) my best guess is that they were parked in one of the gas stations just before the toll-gate.
I really wanted to contest that I was overspeeding, the police said its all recorded and that I can request for a 'proof' through email...

caught red handed...
laugh.gif

lesson learned.
nerd.gif

I never saw any of those (stopped cars along the highway, flyover police) my best guess is that they were parked in one of the gas stations just before the toll-gate.
I really wanted to contest that I was overspeeding, the police said its all recorded and that I can request for a 'proof' through email...

caught red handed...
laugh.gif

lesson learned.
nerd.gif

It's so tempting to gun it on NLEX though especially when you know of what horrible traffic awaits you on edsa. Those speed guns will definitely slow me down next time I'm on that expressway now that I've seen proof of use.
On a side note, what kind of whip is that lokomotiv? Looks like an old Scion xb.

It's so tempting to gun it on NLEX though especially when you know of what horrible traffic awaits you on edsa. Those speed guns will definitely slow me down next time I'm on that expressway now that I've seen proof of use.
On a side note, what kind of whip is that lokomotiv? Looks like an old Scion xb.

Originally Posted by lok0motiv

caught red handed...
laugh.gif

lesson learned.
nerd.gif
how are they gonna stop you? Will they chase you just like in the movies? and shout "PULL OVER" is it like that?

hmmm Is it only in NLEX? how about SLEX and SCTEX? err... now I'm thinking twice to hit sports mode on and go 160-180 on a freeway.. tsk..

Originally Posted by lok0motiv

caught red handed...
laugh.gif

lesson learned.
nerd.gif
how are they gonna stop you? Will they chase you just like in the movies? and shout "PULL OVER" is it like that?

hmmm Is it only in NLEX? how about SLEX and SCTEX? err... now I'm thinking twice to hit sports mode on and go 160-180 on a freeway.. tsk..

^
Sir btlgrnd >> its actually the Toyota bB... 
efsfanatic > No.. Its not like the movies where you get chased by police... 

-What they do is they have is there's a parked vehicle that takes a high speed camera picture of your vehicle... If you were caught overspeeding they alert their police personnel @ the toll gates then you get pulled over and they confiscate your license!

my experience so far is with NLEX, and after that I've been following the speed limit signs all througout the major highways...
happy.gif

^
Sir btlgrnd >> its actually the Toyota bB... 
efsfanatic > No.. Its not like the movies where you get chased by police... 

-What they do is they have is there's a parked vehicle that takes a high speed camera picture of your vehicle... If you were caught overspeeding they alert their police personnel @ the toll gates then you get pulled over and they confiscate your license!

my experience so far is with NLEX, and after that I've been following the speed limit signs all througout the major highways...
happy.gif

Thanks lokomotiv, I guess what you were driving is the Toyota version of the xb, they're essentially one and the same since Toyota owns Scion.
So you'll get apprehended at the toll gates? If your headed towards Balintawak and entered, let's say at Valenzuela which is the last point of entry if you're headed southbound, you get away scot-free? Interesting. (not gonna risk it though, same should go for all of you, my NTPI fam 
happy.gif

Thanks lokomotiv, I guess what you were driving is the Toyota version of the xb, they're essentially one and the same since Toyota owns Scion.
So you'll get apprehended at the toll gates? If your headed towards Balintawak and entered, let's say at Valenzuela which is the last point of entry if you're headed southbound, you get away scot-free? Interesting. (not gonna risk it though, same should go for all of you, my NTPI fam 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom