==== LunarGLIDE+ 4 & iD (SAMPLES pg7) - New iD Gradient Option ====

Woah. This same cw on an LG4...
eek.gif
nerd.gif
 #wishfulthinking

nike-lunar-tr1-fuel-1.jpg

So are these worth purchasing? Thinking of picking up the Volts tomorrow for running. My LunarTrainers are not working for me. Always give me blisters after a run. Why did it have to be the LT to give me problems
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

So are these worth purchasing? Thinking of picking up the Volts tomorrow for running. My LunarTrainers are not working for me. Always give me blisters after a run. Why did it have to be the LT to give me problems
frown.gif

Dang, that's really unfortunate, bro.
frown.gif
 I had a similar issue with my early LTs with the Leatherlike liner, which dug into ankles and gave me cuts. However, after using a clothespin/clip to alter its shape, nothing bad has happened since then. The later runs of the LT with the cotton liner were gifts from the heavens though! 

Back to topic... here's a pic of the Premium LG4s showcasing their reflectivity via IG
s5zt6v.jpg

It's a WMNs cw, but I'll eventually cop. They look like they'll be a good replacement for the LunarEclipses I run in.
24978007_z.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Will run in these today, will let you all know what I think. *Crosses fingers for no blisters*

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

scaled.php

Will run in these today, will let you all know what I think. *Crosses fingers for no blisters*
going to hit up FNL tomorrow to try them on...if comfy and I buy them, it will be my first pair of lunar glides

Comfort- 3.5/5 Sole feels really stiff when running, almost no flexibility. Could be because they haven't been used much, only time will tell. The shoes hug your foot really well when laced all the way up. The toe area is like a mansion for your toes. Way to much room in my opinion. But I rather have more room than no room at all.

Weight-3.5/5 Feels pretty heavy. Now this could be just me because I haven't ran in glides since the 2's. The sole and back plate seem to be the cause for this. Once again when these are truly broken in it may feel lighter.

Design- 4/5 Is it me or do all Glides look the same even with the yearly changes? The design is nice, the front reminds me a lot of the previous Glides. The back plate while being nice looking is really annoying to me. Finally, the lace slots or "strings" holding the laces is nice, BUT some are perfect like in pics. Whereas, others are not perfect. So if you want them all looking the same you have to unlace them and re lace them.

So there's my amateur review, like it or hate it you are just going to have to try them out. But for the price tag i can't complain there worth every penny. Let me know if you want other parts of the shoe reviewed or if you have any questions.

P.S

Aviod the Volt colorway if you plan on using to run. My sock liner is already dirty with ONE run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried these on tonight at DSG. Fit true to size for me. Cushion-wise they felt the same as the 3's. Uppers fit a little sleeker (better) than the 3's. Gonna try to see the volts tomorrow at FNL, may cop.

Dropped by an iD Studio earlier today to check out the samples...

_1019298 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Fade - Black to Summit White / Volt

_1019301 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Fade - Volt to Blue Glow

_1019295 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Challenge Red / Black / Summit White

I was really hoping to see something like these!

_1019296 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Retro (Upper & Upper Midsole) / Mint (Lower Midsole) 

_1019293 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

_1019304 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Retro (Upper & Upper Midsole) / Mint (Lower Midsole) - Medial

_1019303 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Retro (Upper & Upper Midsole) / Mint (Lower Midsole) - Forefoot Outsole

_1019279 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

_1019283 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Mint (Left) & Retro (Right) Comparison

_1019284 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
Mint (Lower) & Retro (Upper) Comparison

awesome shots... i LOVE that fade, I wonder if that will ever be incorporated into a GR

Thanks, and you're welcome!

EBW: From all the Men's launch cws, I like the Premium (+) cw the most.

Premium > Grey/Electric Green > Volt > Total Orange > Sequoia > Navy > Black/Grey

However, from all the cws, I like the WMNs Light Charcoal/Volt the most, as they somewhat remind me of the LunarEclipse. They have a good color balance between stealth and pop, and they have a dark sockliner, which I'm very partial to! I'm hoping to see them soon, and I'll probably be tempted to copp if they're available.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

i hope these are as comfortable as they look. i havent been excited for some new shoes in a long time. and i dont even feel 110 is that bad of a price.

Back
Top Bottom