Lupe Fiasco Appreciation

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Lupe is overrated. I do not @#@$ with him.

Agreed. He has a few songs that I enjoy but that's where it ends.

You should have seen peeps at the free USC concert looking at us like we were crazy as we made our way through the crowd to exit the concert during LupeFiasco's set.
laugh.gif

I was there to see De La Soul, Del, and Aceyalone.

Originally Posted by FWA III

205t5qe.jpg

lou is one of my favorite rappers, but i'm not feeling this new attitude lupe's got.

like this picture makes me want to punch him in the face

He's been having that nerdy type of attitude.

The Lupe X Justice album is going to be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's been having that nerdy type of attitude
nah man i'm not talking about the nerdy attitude.

lupes having this cocky attitude lately in his interviews and i'm not feeling duke at ALL (pause)

Originally Posted by dreClark

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Lupe sucks....I can't relate to skateboards, and robots. He tries to come off too smart, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

tongue.gif

Lupe is that dude. $#+@ what ya heard
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

That was a good one. I was actually gettin pissed.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

^^^ i just don't get it...food & liquor is miles better than the cool...

F&L = classic
The cool = not so much...too much filler
which songs off the cool did you think were filler material?

ah..
go go gadget flow, high definition, gotta eat, hello goodbye, go baby...and intruder alert and fighters are ok at best..

it's not really that the cool is bad...it's actually pretty good, especially by todays standards...but to go from Food & Liquor to The Cool isquite pathetic..that's like 92 jordan regressing to 02 jordan..

yooo i cosign

food and liquor was straight crack...i wasnt feelin the cool AT ALL

Originally Posted by FWA III

He's been having that nerdy type of attitude
nah man i'm not talking about the nerdy attitude.

lupes having this cocky attitude lately in his interviews and i'm not feeling duke at ALL (pause)

so u startin' to dislike lupe cause he gettin' cocky? yet you have kanye in your avy?
ohwell.gif

whats dude doin with that fatty chain? lol gotta appreciate lupe.

anyone got any earlier mixtapes by him? far 1 15, etc? hit me up! im in need!

I think Lupe is the only artist where I could listen to his debut and sophomore albums without skipping any tracks.
Def appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

honestly, not to hype him up, i duno any artist like him. his flow is smooth as silk and rhymes in webs of metaphors,etc.
it might sound like i be ridin on his nuts, but cant help it, hes just that goodd.

F&L = classic

ah..
go go gadget flow, high definition, gotta eat, hello goodbye, go baby...and intruder alert and fighters are ok at best..

it's not really that the cool is bad...it's actually pretty good, especially by todays standards...but to go from Food & Liquor to The Cool is quite pathetic..that's like 92 jordan regressing to 02 jordan..

u serious bout that one?

intruder alert to me is one of the realest songs in awhile

love how it shows addiction & immigration from the other perspective
it definitely gave me somethin 2 think about

intruder alert was def a dope song. took a few runs but the cool grew on me.

and Idea- yeap it was based off slim thug. lol slim didnt even kno it was based on him. he was like damn story sounds like my struggle, until lupe said it wasbased on tha dude. lol

no1s got any earlier mixtapes by lupe they can send to me? puleez!

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Every Lupe thread becomes an argument.
smh.gif
Word.

its because of fools like AlBooBoo5 who come into an appreciation thread to bad mouth the subject artist...dont be insulted by other peoples opinions on music, its not that serious
I wasn't bad mouthing him. I like a few of his songs but, I not a huge fan. If you could read and comprehend you would realize I said I understandand appreciate what he does for music.

I really don't want to sound like a typical Lupe fan, but I think he is easily the best in the game right now. I think Food & Liquor is definitely aclassic and The Cool isn't classic status, but I think its pretty damn close. believe it or not, I listen to both of them every day. I could listen to bothof them straight thru without skipping tracks. well, theres only like 2 track on The Cool that I skip, which are Superstar and Hello/Goodbye. I don't knowwhat dude is talkin about with tha fillers, tha songs he listed where some of tha best songs on The Cool, IMO. Its weird tho, because when I first listened toThe Cool, I honestly was not feelin it at all, I only liked a few songs off of it. but as I listened to it more, all the songs really grew on me. and know,like I said before, I bump it every day along with F&L. something about them makes it impossible to grow old on you, its like, when you listen to them its,you always enjoy it as if it were your first time hearing it.

Originally Posted by digitalO22

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Lupe is overrated. I do not @#@$ with him.

Agreed. He has a few songs that I enjoy but that's where it ends.

You should have seen peeps at the free USC concert looking at us like we were crazy as we made our way through the crowd to exit the concert during Lupe Fiasco's set.
laugh.gif

I was there to see De La Soul, Del, and Aceyalone.
That I can respect........I know some who dislike him but still would've stayed to see him.
eyes.gif
I'll do the same with wayno and 50.

I never cared for dude but when did the tribe called quest thing on the vh1 honors and messed up. Plus he was kinda hating on them in a interview he did, afterthat i lost all respect for dude.

thesimplestlife wrote:Post a reply - Yuku

F&L = classic

ah..

it's not really that the cool is bad...it's actually pretty good, especially by todays standards...but to go from Food & Liquor to The Cool is quite pathetic..that's like 92 jordan regressing to 02 jordan..

intruder alert is
pimp.gif
one of the best songs on the album...same with fighters but after that i kind of agree with you...go go gadget flow is my leastfavorite track on the album but everyone else loves it so
ohwell.gif
gotta eatis deep...real talk blow and listen to that and if you still dont get it holla...high definition was also one of my least favorite tracks on the album but itgrew on me especially after the cool had been out for a couple of months...hello goodbye is different...thats all i can say, personally i like it but its awierd track...regardless thats 13 out of 19 tracks add two because intruder alert is just classic, fighters is a damn good song, and ill give you the benefitof the doubt on Gotta Eat...still thats 15 tracks that are dope compared to Food & Liquors 14??? Everyone says F&L was miles ahead of the The Cool butreally its just not the case...The Cool was the best album of 2007

thesimplestlife wrote:Post a reply - Yuku

F&L = classic

ah..

intruder alert is
pimp.gif
one of the best songs on the album...same with fighters but after that i kind of agree with you...go go gadget flow is my least favorite track on the album but everyone else loves it so
ohwell.gif
gotta eat is deep...real talk blow and listen to that and if you still dont get it holla...high definition was also one of my least favorite tracks on the album but it grew on me especially after the cool had been out for a couple of months...hello goodbye is different...thats all i can say, personally i like it but its a wierd track...regardless thats 13 out of 19 tracks add two because intruder alert is just classic, fighters is a damn good song, and ill give you the benefit of the doubt on Gotta Eat...still thats 15 tracks that are dope compared to Food & Liquors 14??? Everyone says F&L was miles ahead of the The Cool but really its just not the case...The Cool was the best album of 2007

Intruder alert is decent, it's a good story with a lame hook... fighters is alright, very catchy...santos makes the song, but lyrically it reallyis below Lupe's tradtional level...go go gadget flow is corny, gotta eat is corny, high definition is incredibly corny (sounds too much like at an attemptof pop success), hello/goodbye is lame....

at the end of the day, each and every song on food & liquor is not only lyrically superior to most (if not all) of the songs on the cool, but also featuressuperior production. 14 tracks on food & liquor = 14 classics. Besides the various singers featured on the hooks, Jay is the only real guest feature, andhe does a great job of going toe to toe with Lupe on Pressure (Snoop sounded terrible on High Definition). There are no real standout tracks on The Cool, andthat's not because they are all equally good, but rather due to the fact that no song is that Great (i.e. american terrorist, hurt me soul, thecool)...Paris, Tokyo, The Coolest, Streets on Fire, and HHSML probably get the nod as the best overall songs on the album, but even those shy in comparison toamerican terrorist, hurt me soul, the cool, kick, push, he say, she say, etc...

Food & Liquor lupe pulls off the art of storytelling beautifully, as he fanatastically combines vivid imagery with incredible metaphors (i.e. Kick Push,Kick Push II, Sunshine and The Cool on F&L), while managing not to sound too corny (i.e. Gotta Eat). While HHSML does display some of lupe's incredibleability to manifest stories which draw upon real life for inspiration, it fails to recapture the lyrically superiority featured on the cool, or hell..evensunshine.

All in all, there may be more 'good' tracks on The Cool (there really isn't, but for arguements sake I'll just say there is), but that'sonly because there are more tracks on the cool (as there are also more bad tracks). There are really no flaws on Food & Liqour; even the worst track isstill good, and the great ones are truly that great. The cool gives us a mediocre Lupe, choosing to 'dumb it down' in attempt to step his profits up. Sad really, but who can blame the guy...

As I said before...going from F&L to The Cool is comparable to Jordan going from his 92 self to his 02 self--- yea, he's still a lot better than most,but in comparison to his old self, he is but a mere peasant. F&L lupe runs circles around The cool Lupe, leaving me to wonder if Lupe took up a randymoss-esque attitude while putting together the cool.

Back
Top Bottom