Lying on Application?? vol My mom owns it...

So I've only had one job in my employment history for 4 months at finish line.

My mom owns a mrs. field's cookies, and I'm applying for bloomingdales right now.

I never really worked at mrs. fiend's but if I put it on my application, my mom would vouch for me working there for about a year so there's no waythey'd prove I didn't because even if they call, my mom got my back. Worked on finish line's app, and they called
laugh.gif

Should I do it?

Is it really going to add that much to your application if you say you did?

I don't really think it hurts anything if you do it.

not a good idea.

if they run a full background check (which they have the resources to) they can see you haven't filed W-2s from there.

Originally Posted by infamousod

not a good idea.

if they run a full background check (which they have the resources to) they can see you haven't filed W-2s from there.
But if it's a family owned business, couldn't he just say that he helped out and his parents just paid him cash? Worked for me andNordstrom.

Coming from HR... dont do it. Trust me, it always comes back to haunt you. Happened with a few people that I hired personally... took them on, but yet thingscame full circle and they were released.

I would say dont do it, but hey, thats just me.

Originally Posted by Orangatrang

not a good idea.

But if it's a family owned business, couldn't he just say that he helped out and his parents just paid him cash? Worked for me and Nordstrom.
is that not illegal? especially for like an actual sanctioned place of business. we not talkin a lawn mowing business here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

not a good idea.

But if it's a family owned business, couldn't he just say that he helped out and his parents just paid him cash? Worked for me and Nordstrom.
is that not illegal? especially for like an actual sanctioned place of business. we not talkin a lawn mowing business here
laugh.gif
I always figured it was like getting allowance for helping around the house?
Geez, now I'm kinda paranoid.
laugh.gif

not a good idea.

Mrs. Fields isn't really family owned. Gotta pay that fee. It's like working at your parent's McDonalds.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

not a good idea.

Mrs. Fields isn't really family owned. Gotta pay that fee. It's like working at your parent's McDonalds.
Ohh, true. My family just owned a small Mom & Pop business.
So in this case, OP, don't lie. But in the interview, you can certainly bring it up as previous customer service experience if they ask you.

I hope you realize that they don't check with the actual place of business but rather corporate human resources. If you're not on file with a W-2 thenyou were never an employee there.

Your funeral though.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I hope you realize that they don't check with the actual place of business but rather corporate human resources. If you're not on file with a W-2 then you were never an employee there.

Your funeral though.
this.

what are the chances of them checking though?

Back
Top Bottom