Mac EXPERTS help me choose, bout to convert! EDIT OP!

my old laptop is dying, its about 5 years old, and i predominantly use my laptop for music/movies/internet/documents only. my pc desktop is a beast, but im ready to admit that mac runs smoother for media purposes.

that being said here are my choices:

macbook: $899

13.3'' 2.26ghz core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 250gb HD, geforce 9400m 256mb DDR3

OR

macbook pro: $1099

13.3'' 2.4ghz core 2 duo, 4 gig ram, 250gb HD, geforce 320m 256mb DDR3 and 10 hour battery max

i want the aluminum body for sure, but its not worth 200$ extra to me
i wont be doing heavy video editing or anything like that, so the only real benefit i see of buying the pro would be the re-sell value would be higher.

money is prettttttty tight right now, what do you do?

CLIFFS:
macbook or macbook pro
200$ more for pro, wont be doing heavy video editing
aluminum body and re-sell value higher for 200$ extra
low cash

spoiler for helping:

Spoiler [+]
i721dv.jpg

w7oldc.jpg

21enlsh.jpg

bhxekz.jpg

giq1pyfvz.jpg

EDIT
so i found a white macbook 13.3 in 2GHz - 2GB RAM- 100GB HD for 500$.......... HELP!!

Go with the Macbook Pro, the 10hr battery life and the 4gb of ram is the selling point for me.

Where did you find these prices?

You, sir know how to make a thread...those pictures were a pleasant surprise..

I have had a Mac all through College (I am a sophomore now) and I absolutely love it. I have a MacBook in white on plastic. I have had it for almost 2 years and the computer itself runs great but I would definitely recommend the metal outer part because the plastic is beginning to chip. But I would say that I am not always gentle with my computer in my backpack so it really depends how you would treat it...The aluminum looks way better and it more durable. It seems like you would not need a MacBook Pro either with what you will use it for...

IMO, summer is coming up

save up some money, get a macbook pro

im not sure if your a student, but they every summer, apple offers a deal where if you buy a macbook, you get a free ipod touch or nano, and free printer after rebate

pay everything up front and get the rebate, resell the printer and ipod, you pay more in the beginning, but you should make some money back

you need to prove you are a student at a university though, but that shouldnt be hard to find

im planning on having my cousin, who is a student do the purchasing for me. im teaching english in korea right now, so its going to be a hassle to coordinate all of this, but i need to do it.

macbook + itouch only?

macbook pro + itouch as well?

ive been eying the prices, i imagine the discounts will be parallel, so its essentially, do i want to spend a little more for the pro. im leaning towards yes, ive heard a lot about the chipping with the white body.

girl is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroXIII 23

You, sir know how to make a thread...those pictures were a pleasant surprise..

I have had a Mac all through College (I am a sophomore now) and I absolutely love it. I have a MacBook in white on plastic. I have had it for almost 2 years and the computer itself runs great but I would definitely recommend the metal outer part because the plastic is beginning to chip. But I would say that I am not always gentle with my computer in my backpack so it really depends how you would treat it...The aluminum looks way better and it more durable. It seems like you would not need a MacBook Pro either with what you will use it for...

My dude i have the black one and i have had it for three years and it started chipping aswell. i brought it into apple cuz it didnt want to shut down and they replaced the keyboard and trackpad FOR FREE. I dont have applecare but i would say bring it in and see what they can do.

core2duo for 1k 
sick.gif
.. please do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$ on a "15 w/ i5 (you're already overpaying.. so why not splurge a little more?)

haha you a fool durty

you havent even provided info!

ill post more when i get back from class

from reading your post, it seems like you already have your mind and everything set for the regular MB...considering the fact that you wont be doing any editing or hard gaming, also considering that your money's tight

if you're buying a computer to resell, then youre doing it for the wrong reasons...and the difference between 2.26-2.4 is not noticeable, also you can upgrade the 2gb ram to 4gb ram for ~$50 from newegg

however, if you use your computer everyday, and love the aluminum frame over the regular, i'd splurge on the MBP....you use it everyday and why settle for something lesser when you're already in love with something else

if your money is seriously tight and you have a temporary computer for now, id wait til the beginning of fall/end of summer, that's when apple hits you with all the great deals, $100 student discount, free itouch, printer, etc etc

lastly, the guys pushing you for the i5/i7, this may not be your best course of action. just take into consideration how portable you want your computer, and how much you will demand from your mb (if you're not doing hardcore editing or things that are really intensive) then a core 2 duo is more than enough for day to day needs

ok, so if i am trying to capitalize on the student discount, i should wait until july/august??

i am leaning towards the PRO now since the aluminum body is pretty appealing..

Back
Top Bottom