MacBook Kernel Panic

So my cousin says she was things deleting from her MacBook, she put it in the trash and tried to empty it.
After a while it was still emptying and the computer was not responding and she went to restart it. 

Now it has a "You need to restart your computer..." message. 

macosx_kernel_panic.png

I tried Google and Youtube but I'm lost and I don't want to make things worse. 

Can anybody help me or should I take it to a Apple Store?

I tried to boot it in Safe Mode and it won't let me either the same restart message appears before I can enter Safe Mode.

Kernel panic is usually associated with EX-HD's and USB devices....try unplugging everything and booting up.

If you can boot up, run disk utility and "verify disk" on all your drives and devices, might help you narrow down the problem.

If you are really scared, just take it to the Apple Store.

If not, then just restart the computer, it's probably nothing bad.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Kernel panic is usually associated with EX-HD's and USB devices....try unplugging everything and booting up.

If you can boot up, run disk utility and "verify disk" on all your drives and devices, might help you narrow down the problem.
Try plugging devices in and out of your USB, headphone, ethernet, thunderbolt, etc. ports, then restart.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Just take it to the Apple Store.

i ignored panics when i got them at first ... come to find out i needed a new logic board
indifferent.gif

no applecare and making a scene in the store ftw 
pimp.gif

Boot to safe mode. If you're able to boot to safe mode successfully, that should resolve the kernal panic. Does the issue happen when you plug something in or when you do a specific task? Also, if you can boot to safe mode, run disk utility and repair disk and permissions.

Only take it to the Apple Store if you still have AppleCare on the Macbook. If so, give AppleCare a call first before going to the store. Hope this helps.

If the Kernal Panic continues after booting to safe mode or if you're unable to boot to safe mode, issue could be with the HD or logic board.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Boot to safe mode. If you're able to boot to safe mode successfully, that should resolve the kernal panic. Does the issue happen when you plug something in or when you do a specific task? Also, if you can boot to safe mode, run disk utility and repair disk and permissions.

Only take it to the Apple Store if you still have AppleCare on the Macbook. If so, give AppleCare a call first before going to the store. Hope this helps.

If the Kernal Panic continues after booting to safe mode or if you're unable to boot to safe mode, issue could be with the HD or logic board.

It doesn't let me run safe mode, as soon as I turn it on it goes to Kernel Panic. I'll try to see if I can do the disk utility if not I guess I'll take it to the Apple store eventhough I don't have AppleCare. 

Thanks.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

It doesn't let me run safe mode, as soon as I turn it on it goes to Kernel Panic. I'll try to see if I can do the disk utility if not I guess I'll take it to the Apple store eventhough I don't have AppleCare. 

Thanks.

I needed a new logic board when I got this message. I got it replaced for free even though my warranty was out already.
pimp.gif
Set up an appointment with the Genius Bar ASAP.

Originally Posted by Im2nice

I needed a new logic board when I got this message. I got it replaced for free even though my warranty was out already.
pimp.gif
Set up an appointment with the Genius Bar ASAP.

Turn it off, restart it. As soon as it restarts hold down Command, Option, P, and R. This resets PRAM which may or may not work in your case. Worth a shot though OP.

Back
Top Bottom