Macbook Owners: Enter!

long story short my ac adapter for my MB broke and no way in hell i am paying 80$ for a replacement.
anybody here have any experience with non apple ac adapters? positive or negative?

thanks a bunch 
pimp.gif

Broke as in physically or just doesn't charge your Macbook anymore? It never hurts to make an appointment at the genus bar and be polite maybe they'll look out for you

As long as it's magsafe you good.

It won't charge as fast as the brand name charger but it works. I have one I use exclusively at the office and I bought it for only $23 including shipping.

Look for another Apple charger on ebay/craigslist.
My charger broke last year and I ordered 2 off brands from Amazon.
They both broke within 2 weeks.
In the end, I just bought another Apple charger. 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Broke as in physically or just doesn't charge your Macbook anymore? It never hurts to make an appointment at the genus bar and be polite maybe they'll look out for you

THIS. If its broke physically superglue it back together and take it to the Apple Store. If it just doesn't charge, take that crap to the Apple Store and they'll most likely give you a new one. Trust me I've gotten three new chargers this way, it works. Saved like $240 and my Mac is 4 years old and has been 2-4 years out of warrantee each of the 3 times lol

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Just go to the apple store and tell em the pos broke. They will give you a new one.
this or call support and !@#%@ about it. two of mine broke (one stopped charging, the other was frayed) and I only paid for the first one.

yeah just went to the apple store and they gave me a new one for free. 1 and 1/2 year old book too.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

both lol..
man had no clue you could get free ones just placed an order on OWC for a refurbished one for 29.99 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

shouldve came to this thread first..finna cancel the order and +#$!# to support 
laugh.gif
 thanks yall
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

long story short my ac adapter for my MB broke and no way in hell i am paying 80$ for a replacement.
anybody here have any experience with non apple ac adapters? positive or negative?

thanks a bunch 
pimp.gif
buy it , and replace the old with the new , return tell them you bought it and it was broken get money back and keep new one 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom