Macbook owners - Mighty Mouse opinion

For all the cats that own Macbooks, what do you think of the Mighty Mouse? I need a mouse to do some graphical work and to give my trackpad a break cause itsreally wearing down.

I would say get a regular mouse that is mouse compatible. The mighty mouse if I am correct doesn't have right click. If you were to get a mouse that hasright click you can enable it on your mac. It would be a lot better for your graphical work.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

I would say get a regular mouse that is mouse compatible. The mighty mouse if I am correct doesn't have right click. If you were to get a mouse that has right click you can enable it on your mac. It would be a lot better for your graphical work.

From Apple.com:
Touch-sensitive top shell It looks and feels like a sleek one-button mouse, but Mighty Mouse's smooth top shell hides a powerful secret: touch-sensitive technology under the shell detects which part of the mouse you're clicking, so you can both left-click and right-click. And if you prefer the simplicity of a classic one-button mouse, Mighty Mouse is up to the task. Just use the Mac OS X system preference pane to configure it how you want.

I'd probably go wireless. Thanks for the input, I've tried them at school (wired ones) and I recall them having right click.

Beware.....most of the people I know that have the Mac Mice (including myself ) have had it damaged or ended up not working. If you go to Apple.com and reviewthe rating, it gets poor marks. This is probably one of the most hated Mac products out there. Either of two things happen.....the track ball will end up noworking in a certain direction and though the mac mice has a right click, sometimes it doesn't read right. I literally have to sit there right clickingsomething over and over when all it does is left click rather then right. And to top it off, the thing destroys batteries so expect to spend unnecessary looton lithium ion batteries.

And since you are doing graphics, jut spend you money on a good ergonomic mouse that has the same features as a mac mice (widget buttons, reveal, etc). It willgive less strain on your wrist on those long night sitting in front of a computer.

you have to clean the ball every freaking two weeks or so. it gets annoying.

i have the bluetooth one and overall i love it, but if you're going to do some graphical work, i say get a different mouse.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

i have the bluetooth one and overall i love it, but if you're going to do some graphical work, i say get a different mouse.

I enjoyed your movie...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Fongstarr can you recommend any mouse in particular?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Beware.....most of the people I know that have the Mac Mice (including myself ) have had it damaged or ended up not working. If you go to Apple.com and review the rating, it gets poor marks. This is probably one of the most hated Mac products out there. Either of two things happen.....the track ball will end up no working in a certain direction and though the mac mice has a right click, sometimes it doesn't read right. I literally have to sit there right clicking something over and over when all it does is left click rather then right. And to top it off, the thing destroys batteries so expect to spend unnecessary loot on lithium ion batteries.

And since you are doing graphics, jut spend you money on a good ergonomic mouse that has the same features as a mac mice (widget buttons, reveal, etc). It will give less strain on your wrist on those long night sitting in front of a computer.

my thoughts exactly.
It's a nice product, but the trackball thing gets so annoying. I have to clean it every few days with an alcohol pad. The right click thing worksaesthetically, but in practicality, it leaves stuff to still be desired.
Logitech makes nice mice.
I'd look into the Logitech MX Revolution.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Originally Posted by mjbetch

I enjoyed your movie...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Fongstarr can you recommend any mouse in particular?

Right on man. It was just a fun video. But I honesty can't recommend any mouse off the top of my head. I am assuming anything that is mac compatible andfeels good in your hands. I am still using my mac mouse and just running it to the ground since I spent $50 for it but I know I will get another one in thelong run…probably one of those crazy ergo mouses or even a gaming one since I only have a desktop. There was a point where I was even just using one of thoseplain wired Microsoft mouses and those seem to feel and work way better then the mac mice.

I use them all the time at work, and I can't stand em.

If you have big ol' gorilla hands like me, you'll be clicking and dashboarding all over the place.

Don't buy it, the batteries die fast with the wireless mouse and it stops working once every second day. This is definitely the worst apple product, byfar. The scroller never works especially down.

skip on it, get a regular logitech mouse instead. not as good looking, but basically twice as functional.

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

The scroller never works especially down.
How did I forget this?

We have 8 iMacs in this lab, and 2 of them have the ability to scroll down.
laugh.gif

Beware.....most of the people I know that have the Mac Mice (including myself ) have had it damaged or ended up not working. If you go to Apple.com and review the rating, it gets poor marks. This is probably one of the most hated Mac products out there. Either of two things happen.....the track ball will end up no working in a certain direction and though the mac mice has a right click, sometimes it doesn't read right. I literally have to sit there right clicking something over and over when all it does is left click rather then right. And to top it off, the thing destroys batteries so expect to spend unnecessary loot on lithium ion batteries.
+1. I have had one for 9 months. So far, the button has turned blue-#$$ in color and I cant get it back to grey. I can barely scroll down with theball at all, but I can scroll in every other direction. Its impossible to clean. I can wipe it around but thats it. The clicking doesnt work properly, and Ioften now have to lift my finger from the left touch area to right click. If I right click while my finger is laying on the left side, It will only left click.Also, the side buttons are impossible to reach without lifting my hand off the mouse and they don't click, just mash. Ergonomics FTL!!!

I only bought it because it matched my white macbook perfectly. I should have listened to the apple.com store reviews.

Sometimes this helps getting your track ball to work. Sorry for this odd video but this was the only one that I could find in short notice that had english toit....

id say its great but eventually it will stop working on you...track ball can be especially fustrating after some time

forget about it. people only buy it to match their mac.

get a typical 2 button mouse that is ergonomically designed and will last longer.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

forget about it. people only buy it to match their mac.

get a typical 2 button mouse that is ergonomically designed and will last longer.

QFT. I got caught up in the whole apple craze and bought a macbook, time capsule, mighty mouse, and an ipod classic. I had so many problems with the timecapsule and the mighty mouse and got rid of both. I used to pay them high apple prices for stuff thinkin it was better.
laugh.gif
I now have a terabyte mybook harddrive matted to a dlink router, those two onlycosted my $210. I paid 5 stacks for my time capsule.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Hokkaido JDM

skip on it, get a regular logitech mouse instead. not as good looking, but basically twice as functional.

Agree
i use a Logitech Laser and it works like a charm
and it fits my hand better then mighty mouse

Back
Top Bottom