Macbook Pro/Mac Experts Please Help

The Mac thread doesn't get much attention so I thought I would just make my own post.

I have a 2011 MBP 13 in with 8 GB of RAM

Only a few months old and has been FLAWLESS

Anyways, today I was on xda developers and went to download an all in one root and ROM pack for my Droid Charge. I mean pretty normal stuff. There were 2 different files (about 350 mb each) and I was using my Google Chrome browser. After they both downloaded I tried to open one because I needed to extract it. Basically, I click on the downloads (at the bottom of the chrome browser) and maybe it started extracting automatically I dunno but my mac freaked out. Like beach ball madness was going on. I couldn't even 3 finger swipe through desktops without a 6 second lag. It even took me like 5 or so mins to even shut down my mac

Anyways, I figured that those files messed up my mac and tried to delete them. After a few restarts one of them deleted but the other won't delete because it is still in use? And I cant find out what app is using it or what is going on. My mac is running like #%%% now please help.

I hope that made sense

Try to go to activity monitor and see what is hogging up all your memory. From there, kill those programs and then proceed to try and delete those files.

Back
Top Bottom