Macbooks

any mac users out there, im decent with computers, but not great. i cant put music on my iphone bc my itunes version is mad old, like 9.2. But i cant update my itunes bc it says my OS is 10.4.11 and i need a newer OS for a newer itunes? i think. anyway, is there a way i can update my OS for free? or do i need to buy a newer version? i dont need like leopard or anything crazy just whatever the newest OS X i guess? anyway if anyone would like to take the time to fill me in i would greatly appreciate it. My macbook is like 6 years old prob, still runs great. I was gonna go to the apple store but theyd prob just try and sell me something. Again thanks in advance to anyone who could help me out. Thanks NT

i hear they might ditch the cd drive with the new MBPs and going for a thinner look like the MBA. if thats true, ill cop the ones thats out now. but we'll see whats up.

I'll put this in a way most NTers can understand.

Forget the "they dont get virus'", "macs are easier to use", "i want to be cool" arguments and focus on one thing, Resell value

Macs hold onto their value far longer than a PC. Don't believe me? Check ebay/craigslist and see how much 4-5 year old macbooks and MBPs are going for compared to the same age windows portables.

All you have to do is take that first dip. Buy a model soon after it gets released, then resell it when the next refresh happens, generally about a year later, for maybe $2-300 less than what you paid, put that money towards the new model that is generally the same pricepoint you paid for last years model. Rinse/repeat.

Buy AppleCare. You may not need to use it if you follow these instructions, but it helps resell value, since you cannot purchase it after the first year is up.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i hear they might ditch the cd drive with the new MBPs and going for a thinner look like the MBA. if thats true, ill cop the ones thats out now. but we'll see whats up.

tumblr_m1vz0bgPnK1qkczpbo1_400.gif

although i barely use the optical drive i feel like it would be a burden without one 

just got a macbook pro early this year

hard drive crashed... it was still under warranty so i got a new one

so far so good

have a macbook pro for college...hasn't failed me yet and its the real deal, definitely worth the money...and not as easy to get viruses as PC's
wink.gif

Seemed like one of the newest threads regarding Macbooks. 

Have a question for computer savvy people or experienced Macbook users. On the newer models (I own a 15" 2012) how can you bypass the password if you forgot and the command/s button trick doesnt work?

Latest..15 retina proo.

Best...13 inch pro.

Best for me...13 inch air.

latest is actually 13 inch pro retina.. but for the price.. pay a little more and get a better comp/deal with the 15 in

macbooks are good i have a 2011 macbookpro only downside was my harddrive just went like three weeks ago and i had to replace it and had nothing backed up :smh::smh:

To the people who know the inner workings of macbook pros
I put my mac on the ground, then picked it up immediately.
When I put it on the ground under the couch...It bumped a leg and when I picked it up I noticed a strange noise
Sounds like a quarter being moved around in the computer when I pick it up.
Nothing has changed from the performance but I'm worried something might happen in the future.
Any experience with this?

Is buying a MacBook from 4-5 years ago for $200 a good deal?

A school is getting rid of all their laptops because they're getting new ones, and they're letting the teachers buy them for $200. Don't know specs and/or model, just that it's a MacBook from about 4 years ago

Is buying a MacBook from 4-5 years ago for $200 a good deal?

A school is getting rid of all their laptops because they're getting new ones, and they're letting the teachers buy them for $200. Don't know specs and/or model, just that it's a MacBook from about 4 years ago

It will probably slow to today's standards but it won't be the worst computer ever. I bet there are some netbooks that are just as good. It's a give or take really. Technology catches up quick.

If it is this one, you are only saving so much. Here is a refurb for $275

http://www.gainsaver.com/Catalog/De...5OsPklTjYOBOXlj1Cq9WgEA0waQqTj0cn8aAm8M8P8HAQ

Back
Top Bottom