Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

I'm tired of the company being bought or merging. At least they're not changing the name of the company again with different letters, probably will soon.

I still think Don is going to commit suicide. But we shall see next year.

And Cutler. That mofo. Smug faced son of a *****. lol

Loved that last scene. Disclosure seemed like a main point in this week's episode.

Edit: I mean last week's episode im a week behind

Last edited:
:lol: @ Ken smiling when Joan told Harry he's not a partner yet

Peggy was so upset that the kid was leaving :frown:

Pete "I've got ten percent!" :lol:

Roger to Harry "None of your beeswax" ... "I'll take the deal"... "Goodbye, Harry" :rofl:

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE FINAL SCENE :rofl: I always loved when Mad Men would dip into the absurd and fantasy like that, definitely can see the Sopranos influence

From Alan Sepinwall..
But what gave the proceedings that added kick was how so much of it felt like a summation of the previous six-plus seasons. Roger Sterling, who coasted through life after inheriting his half of the business from his father, proves Cooper wrong while living up to his mentor's ideals and fighting to keep the business together. Roger made the leap at the end of season 3 out of ego; he'd spent a year as a figurehead under British rule, and didn't want to become a cog in the giant McCann machine. But it's clear that he's making this move not because he dreams of being at the top of the organizational flowchart, but because the old man's death made him realize how hard it is to lose the people you care about at work, and how important it is to fight not just for Don, but for everyone else in that office whose name he can remember. And Don, who has so often not been a team player, hurting others in his quest for self-preservation, seems to realize he's run out of chances when Roger tells him about Bert's death (and Jim Cutler's power play), and decides to sacrifice for the sake of the team he's leaving behind. He could go in there and dazzle the Burger Chef people and maybe make it slightly easier to get another job at another agency, but he doesn't want to screw over Peggy in the process. He knows she's great, that she can do it, and that she deserves it, and she proves him right — and that sly smile he gives her midway through the presentation was as powerful a denouement for their relationship as their dance the week before
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...men-waterloo-the-best-things-in-life-are-free

I think he hits on some great points here. Sterling steps up as a leader, Don sacrifices so Peggy can handle the pitch and he is willing to sign a contract with a hated rival just to keep everything he's worked for.

Megan and Don's marriage ending was handled well.. no need to drag it out any further into the next season. It was short and sweet and well-acted. I love Harry getting screwed over yet again :lol: and Roger being the one to do it. Pete's been lowkey the funniest guy on the show for awhile now "Marriage is a racket" :lol:.

I loved how they handled the moon landing throughout the episode, Mad Men has been great at touching on these historical moments but not using them for cheap moments, but rather, realistically fitting them into the story. Peggy was concerned with the moon landing ruining her pitch, Harry was emotional, Bert was happy to live to see a man on the moon, and so on. Another well-handled moment in history.

Peggy and Julio's relationship was a nice little moment this season.. especially after Sepinwall mentioned that Julio would only be a little older than her kid she had with Pete. In that light, I like their story even more and Elizabeth Moss nailed that scene when he said he was moving.

Don's redemption was complete this season. From his attitude, confidence, his work, dress, everything was back.. and in some ways he was improved. He wouldn't have sacrificed his own freedom a few years ago and join up with McCann.. but since he knows what it's like to lose everything, he made that move. He stepped aside for Peggy because it was in her and the agency's best interest.. but not his. And even though they needed Ted on board, he was able to convince him that the work would be his salvation. Just the work, not the pressures of being a partner.. and I liked that a lot.

Overall I was really pleased with this season. I don't know where it would rank against others, but I feel Mad Men has continued to improve and be at the top of it's game. And the finales have been incredible. Two seasons ago with Don walking off the set and the "Are you alone?"

and last year's Hershey's pitch and revealing his childhood home to his kids :pimp:

I have no doubt the series finale will be outstanding.

Last edited:
Don Draper obviously has syphillis :lol: That was such a wild hallucination. That's not the typical hallucination Don usual has. That was a full on musical number by Bert. Plus Don's reaction :lol:

Joan has become such a major prostitute. She was giddy when she heard she was getting a mill. Pull ya skirt down b.

Props to Roger scheming after Bert died and not feeling defeated. Son is even willing to make amends with ppl he really doesn't like. At least he still gets to **** on Harry :lol: The ep overall had the feel when they made the move to start their own agency

Cutler dropped that dose of reality on Don. I liked how after that Don gave the pitch t Peggy and she nailed it.

Peggy felt that mother's love saying goodbye to that kid.

This dude Ted is pathetic. Guess I see why there's no storyline with him at all.

**** Megan. I hope she's gone for the rest of the season. Never liked the broad. Might be some time to see Don slay a few broads before this ends now that he isn't fighting to get back in anybody's good graces.

I really liked the backdrop of this being the moon landing. Really put a perspective on how this ep played out.

Sally looked pretty cute all dolled up for that boy. I can tell she's the experimenting type. Had the geeky kid clueless.

Really nice midseason finale. Looks like were gonna a really great definitive ending.

Before I forget :rofl: @ Don's secretary. I aint never seen a chick so presumptuous about what she thought her relationship with Don was :lol:

Last edited:
Fantastic season. Can't wait for the next season. I'm sure it's going to end on a strong note.

- Roger's voice breaking when he tells Don that he's going to lose him was great

- That silent buildup before Don starts talking at the presentation was fantastic with Don smiling and Peggy nodding her head (indicating that she's ready)

- That smile that Don gives to Peggy during the presentation was critical as it shows (a) Don finally passing on the torch, (b) Don sacrificing for the team when realizing his own humanity, and (c) his utter confidence and belief in Peggy as not only a deserving leader but also an equal

- Roger dismissing Harry (yet again) at the partners' meeting was hilarious

- RIP Bert -- the last scene was great

Last edited:
Yeah, she's become so anti-Don. Complains more than the other partners about him losing them money. Kinda funny to see Pete be his biggest supporter besides Roger.

YO THAT ENDING WAS AWESOME AS ****!!!!! TERNT COOPER.

sad to see bert go, I knew he was gonna be gone this season, but thought he would've made it to the series finale.

I don't remember why Joan hates Don so much. Last thing I remember was him telling her that she didn't have to sleep with that dude. Someone remind me ...

Last edited:
Show is amazing. Its a shame Jon Hamm has never won an award for his portrayal of Don Drapper. Hes an amazing character.. but he knows he is next to go after Bert.

Elizabeth was A+ this season, especially in the finale. Those Julio and Burgerchef scenes were :pimp:. Please give her the Best Supporting Actress Emmy, hell just give Mad Men any acting awards....its like some running joke now that they will never win :smh:

Don's redemption arc was veeeeery familiar to stuff done in previous seasons but it was done very well so I guess I don't mind it that much. I was disappointed in the lack of D*ck Whitman development. I was pretty excited after the season 6 finale to see how Don changes from maybe accepting his past more and opening up to his kids....but we only got one Don/Sally scene in this half. Hopefully we get more on that in the second half of the season.

Loved the episode but absolutely hated the ending. That musical number was just silly. Seemed totally out of place and cheapened the whole episode IMO. Should of just had a voice over from Burt saying something to Don. Regardless of how I felt about that part, the episode was still great.

- Joan is a B for voting Don out when they had the first partners vote. She forgets how much he helped her.
- The end of Don's marriage was so weird. Short phone call that was like a hi, how you doing..silence....its over...But I guess it goes that way when both parties know. Also why would she drop that on him when he just got done telling you he almost got fired? Don already got one knife in him and she was ready to stick another one in him as well.
- When they are on the plane and Peggy was talking I got a weird sense that something bad was going to happen. They were so worried about the astronauts and something bad happening to them that I thought maybe it would happen to their group instead. Turns out it was Bert
- Jim Cutler is a D... Burt's been dead like 3hrs and all he could think about was getting Don fired.
- Roger Sterling is hilarious. Besides Don, has always been my fav character. Dude's one liners and timing are priceless. When Ted gave the absolute smaller inclining that he might stay aboard, Roger took that as a yes and immediately was like "he's in...let's vote"...LOL
- And finally, Don Draper is still the man. Was able to redeem himself and at the same time still finds a way to give back to Peggy .Doesnt matter whats going on in his life dude is still a G :smokin

Last edited:
Megan did it then cuz she didn't want to lie to Don about it. The call was about something else. She just asked if he was gonna stop by or something then he floats the idea of moving their for good like she originally wanted and that silence just let him know. The following conversation was basically him saying I'll still support you financially or anyway you want (showing up to dinners with her) if she wants until she wants to make it official.

She pretty much knew she wasn't going to get the attention and type of love from Don no matter what she did (3some) cuz she'd still be jealous about the way he looked or treated other women.

yo what happened to Dawn? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom