Man Finds Racial Slur Printed On Receipt vol. people are getting bolder

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City man found a racial slur printed on his receipt after returning a pair of shoes he bought over the weekend.KMBC's Marcus Moore reported that Keith Slater, 22, bought a pair of shoes from a store called Journeys. Slater later returned them after finding a cheaper pair at another store. Slater did get his money back, but it was what was printedon the receipt that he and his family found disturbing. "That makes me upset. I don't want to look at that (receipt,) that makes me so upset. Whywould you say that?" said a woman who was shown the receipt.[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]"Have they been fired? I mean, this is absolutely crazy," said a man who saw the store ticket. The receipt, which shows "Cust:Dumb" and then the n-word, is what Slater received after returning a pair of shoes to Journeys at Oak Park Mall. "When he showed me that receipt, Icould not believe it," said Slater's mother, Linda. By the time the Slaters noticed the racial slur printed on the receipt, the store was alreadyclosed for the day. Moore reported that he went by the store, but no one would talk to him about what happened. A spokesman with Journeys corporate officewould only say that the matter is being investigated. "He couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. None of us got any sleep just thinking aboutit," Linda Slater said. The next day, hoping to get answers about how the words got on the receipt, the Slaters returned to the store. But they said theynever got a full explanation, only that the employee entered a generic code. "And it pulled up six or seven different choices, and the choice that she(the employee) chose was the very last choice," said Slater's father, Keith. "I really don't doubt that this is the first time it happened.I'm sure it's happened before, but this is probably the first time that somebody noticed their receipt and came back and asked about it," LindaSlater said. The Slaters said they are waiting for answers. "To me, the appropriate thing to do is to terminate the employee because it's justinappropriate for that to be there, and then to have that deleted from their system," Keith Slater said. The Slaters also filed a complaint with mallsecurity.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17768390/detail.htmlhttp://www.kmbc.com/news/17768390/detail.htmlhttp://www.kmbc.com/news/17768390/detail.html

this happened at a local mall that i frequent. looks like i won't be shopping at journeys' anytime soon

OHHHHHHH SNAAAAAAAAAP!!!

thats so shocking, i couldnt help but laugh

tired.gif
though

this is just insane ..

1. why would she choose that of all the choices
2. WHY THE $+$% IS THAT EVEN A CHOICE IN THEIR POS SYSTEM

I hope every 1 boycotts them and the business rots to the ground .. + it will be faster now we are in a recession

If you people are surprised by this you're crazy. Racism's still alive they just be concealin it (shout to Kanye
pimp.gif
) but with the current state of things politically in America, unfortunatelyit's making it's way closer and closer to the surface.
smh.gif

So that's an entry in their system?

I say fire any employee who's ever used it.

They should be able to track it easily enough.

Also, I can't say that I've ever seen a Heart lyric as someone's sig.

Good call.

smh.gif
@ lame trying to be funny with that, yet he'll get his $#! whopped in the streets.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Also, I can't say that I've ever seen a Heart lyric as someone's sig.

Good call.
yea i always wanted to know where the sample was from when they did "crazy in love" but i never checked the credits, so i jus happenedto hear "crazy on you" yesterday and was like
eek.gif
shh thats it.Went home and dl'd. Been listenin to it all yesterday and today
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom