Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I have a better idea. How about Iron Man not being mentioned at all? I swear whenever cbm related discussions pop up, fanboys always have to factor in a marvel vs DC debate.

Last edited:
There might be a bit of a power discrepancy in the Marvel Cinematic universe. The Iron Man in the Avengers movie seemed more powerful than the Iron Man in IM3.

I really don't know how you can go from going toe to toe with a Norse god and surviving an alien invasion in one suit change to needing a billion suits to finish off like twenty Extremis.

Truly one of the things that annoyed me immensely about IM3.

If we're basing this whole Iron Man against the Kryptonians argument off of the version in the Avengers then I say Iron Man can survive them. If we're going to factor in IM3 then I don't know.

That's what I thought also... IM3 was just a terribly ill conceived poorly thought out movie. I mean Stark is supposed to be a Leonardo da Vinci type genius, but in the movie he doesn't have any defense systems built at his home in Malibu? Jarvis couldn't detect & warn Tony of hostile aircraft or missles having been shot? It took some one looking at the news footage on Tony's flatscreen to say an attack was headed toward's Tony's mansion? That movie was hot buttered trash & strictly a cash grab for the studio & Marvel...

He spent all that time trying to fix his armor & then calls up his stock pile of armor at the end. He couldn't call up a suit when he raided Mandarin's compound but instead decided to use rigged Christmas balls!?!?

Lex Luthor has been casted. Dale Huevo! 

roll.gif

With Kryptonite.

Dale Fuego!

Last edited:
:lol: Idris could pull it off but I wouldn't want to even hear/see about all that backlash.

They'll probably pick another older respectable actor to do it. Not the biggest name but a name.

:lol: Idris could pull it off but I wouldn't want to even hear/see about all that backlash.

They'll probably pick another older respectable actor to do it. Not the biggest name but a name.

Got me thinking. Does Lex have to be older than Supes? I know there are some stories where both of them are kinda the same age. Like they were classmates in Smallville (or somewhere else).

Got me thinking. Does Lex have to be older than Supes? I know there are some stories where both of them are kinda the same age. Like they were classmates in Smallville (or somewhere else).

One of Lex's origin is actually have him and Superboy (his name/arc during his Smallville days) friends but he accidentally made Lex bald and Lex vowed revenge. Well Superboy also accidentally killed the lifeform Lex created but that is one of their feuds origins. So yeah they are initially about the same age.

I said older guy but I did contemplate if they could pitch Lex as a younger self made billionaire. That Smallville series is usually on my mind since Rosenbaum did an excellent job like the best Lex Luthor of the recent generation. I thought about younger dudes like Cumberbatch, Quinto, and very few others but I'm not sure outside of getting a no name up and comer that it'd work with a younger guy (30s). So somebody 40 and up should work.

I saw Michael C. Hall's name mentioned but him bald would be off putting. I'd think Dexter changed his identity and leveled up to killing aliens :lol: Imagine Supes on his table.

Last edited:
One of Lex's origin is actually have him and Superboy (his name/arc during his Smallville days) friends but he accidentally made Lex bald and Lex vowed revenge. Well Superboy also accidentally killed the lifeform Lex created but that is one of their feuds origins. So yeah they are initially about the same age.

The one with the accident was a Silver Age story, right? I think that's the one I remember.

I said older guy but I did contemplate if they could pitch Lex as a younger self made billionaire. That Smallville series is usually on my mind since Rosenbaum did an excellent job like the best Lex Luthor of the recent generation. I thought about younger dudes like Cumberbatch, Quinto, and very few others but I'm not sure outside of getting a no name up and comer that it'd work with a younger guy (30s). So somebody 40 and up should work.

I saw Michael C. Hall's name mentioned but him bald would be off putting. I'd think Dexter changed his identity and leveled up to killing aliens :lol: Imagine Supes on his table.

My apologies fam, not trying to get on you. Anyways, Rosebaum did do a great job in Smallville. I wonder if Nolan would just pick from his bucket list of his regular collaborators as to who plays Lex in the sequel.

But Nolan will likely have no involvement in the sequel. :\

Synder left to his own devices is not a good idea... Although I loved the flick, MOS' flaws are because of Synder's direction/vision or the lack there of IMO.

I can't wait to buy this on blu ray. I'm looking for it to come out in this Christmas...

I agree and I do not trust Goyer on his own. If Goyer was the solely writer of Nolans Batman Trilogy, I am almost certain it wouldn't be as good, not even close.

My apologies fam, not trying to get on you. Anyways, Rosebaum did do a great job in Smallville. I wonder if Nolan would just pick from his bucket list of his regular collaborators as to who plays Lex in the sequel.
I didn't take it any kind of way. I was just speaking on that possibility cuz it did pass my mind, it just never got any discussion.

It'd be funny to see Tom Hardy as Lex or JGL :lol:
:rofl:

Good point about the codex. Jor-El says he put in Clark so he could try and form a world of kryptonians and Earthlings working together but if he was really opposed to the whole genetic engineering pod babies. He could've smashed Lara-El the old fashion way and then stole another female baby unless he doesn't mind incest.

I wonder if the codex being in Clark will lead to anything

Also, I didn't even put that together. Scene of Clark saving ppl, flashback of him saving ppl as a kid and his pa telling him maybe he shouldn't, then later on telling Clark not to save him cuz if he did Clark might reveal himself too early :lol: How terribly guilty and bad it would've looked had Clark let them drown and be the only survivor.
Clark: Hey. If this is a random Kryptonian spaceship from 18,000 years ago, why does it have a suit you made me with our house emblem on it inside?
:wow: :lol:
Pa Kent: It’s a tornado! Everybody get under that underpass:

Dog: Um, excuse me! You guys left me in the car, and I don’t have opposable thumbs. Would someone mind getting the door?

Pa Kent: Clark: Get your mother and these kids to safety!

The Most Important Scenes from Man of Steel (As I Remember Them)

(Clark takes mother to a nearby underpass, Pa Kent helps other perfectly able passengers exit their cars)
Dog: Hello? It’s your dog. I’m still in the ******g car here. Ruff!

(the Kents reunite under the bridge)

Ma Kent: We forgot the dog!

Dog: NO ****, SHERLOCK.

Pa Kent: I’ll get him!

Young Clark: You sure you don’t want me to? Because I could do it in half a second. And obviously I can’t be harmed.

Pa Kent: What have I told you? You can’t reveal your powers! Even if you're in situations when you can probably hide them!

(Pa Kent arrives at car, only to be hit by a different flying car)

Young Clark: Um, are you sure you don't want any help, dad?

Pa Kent: I’m fine! Don’t you dare save my life!

(Pa Kent manages to free the dog who escapes, but Pa's leg is broken; he obviously won’t make it back to the underpass before the tornado hits)

Dog: YOU PEOPLE ARE ********. (runs off)

Pa Kent: Goodbye, Clark.

Young Clark: Okay, you are literally going to die. I’m coming to get you.

Pa Kent: You’ll do no such thing! I’ve told you, you must not use your powers to save people’s lives!

Young Clark: Then when in the holy **** should I use them?

Pa Kent: I don’t know! Later sometime.

Young Clark: But not when my dad is about to die right in front of me and I could easily save him.

Pa Kent: Right.

Young Clark: Even though I could run and get you and be back in about a second, and most people would never believe their eyes thanks to the chaos of the tornado.

Pa Kent: Exactly.

Young Clark: Or I could grab you, run you someplace safe, get back here almost instantly, and we could pretend the tornado blew you someplace and you miraculously survived but without my involvement.

Pa Kent: Right. Don’t do that.

Young Clark: Look, I can’t help but feel we have a lot of solid options here that can save your life and preserve my secret simultaneously. I really don’t think this needs to happen.

Pa Kent: Don’t you sass me, boy!

Young Clark: I’m not sassing you! I just think we could avoid you dying if you weren’t being such a weirdo about it!

(the tornado starts to pick Pa Kent up)

Pa Kent: Clark!

Young Clark: Dad!
Real life tears :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom