Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I think folks should refrain from getting their hopes up about this Superman x Batman union in the MoS sequel. It'll likely just amount to an extended cameo by Bruce Wayne.

This is how I imagine it will play out:

In the aftermath of Metropolis' destruction, we are witness to a city attempting to repair itself. Taking part in the rebuilding efforts are several prominent citizens and home-grown companies, of which Lex Luthor and his Luther Corp. are a part of. Also in the mix is Wayne Enterprises, whose billionaire CEO has pledged some undisclosed amount (speculated in the millions) to the "affected citizens" fund.

In proper fashion, a huge and ritzy gala is thrown in recognition of those people who've done the most for Metropolis in the rebuilding efforts; and of course, as is always the case with such events, much of the attendees hail from the upper echelon of the social order, with nary a consideration/invite for the men and women actually involved in the build up effort (see construction workers, reg. on duty cop, firefighters, nurses, etc). Simply stated, the gala is an ensemble of the rich, for the rich, to speculate and amuse themselves (who lost the most properties, whose insurance policy paid out the most, etc).

Anyway, as it is customary to document these events for the hoi polloi, certain privileged members of the press are given access, and as we scan the room we stumble across Perry White and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet, naturally, and Clark Kent, quite unnaturally. Clark has been dragged there in lieu of a more seasoned journalist because Lois believes the event will hone his journalistic skills (throw him to the sharks and he'll have no choice but to swim for his life). Also, having Clark there frees her from her journalistic obligations and allows her to cavort with the rich.

After a few overwhelming profiles, Clark retreats to the food spread at the back of the room to take a breather. There, he surveys the room, full of people and pretentions unlike anything he's experienced. The contrast is stark for a guy who grew up on a farm in Kansas. He continues to reflect on the simple life he once knew, but his longings are suddenly interrupted by a voice next to him. A voice that seeming crept out the darkness like a phantom. There's a sharply dressed man standing next to him, holding a drink in one hand, with the other hand tucked in his trouser pocket. Clark wonders to himself, "when and where did he come from"?

A man whose presence escapes detection by even the Man of Steel, remarkable, wouldn't you say?

The two chatter for a while. It's obvious to Clark that the fellow is cut from the same social cloth as many in the room. However, beneath the superficiality of wealth, there appears to be more to the fellow. A great deal more. Clark is mystified. Their conversation is interrupted by the shriek of a microphone on the other side of the room. The room goes quite.

A man who was earlier introduced to Clark by Lois as Lex Luthor, "one of Metropolis' shining stars", holds the mic. He makes a few opening comments, jokes, the crowd laughs pleasantly. He then acknowledges some of the various esteemed invitees in attendance--there is applause. After the applause dies down, he starts addressing why they are all there. He talks about taking a stand, a need for action and a call to action to protect the world from a new kind of threat. He talks about the rampancy of chaos in the world. Of mad terrorists hell bent on destroying cities, of aliens hell bent on destroying earth, etc. He talks about brave men and women standing for something. Of heroes arising from the ranks of the ordinary to stand up for justice. He touches on the vigilante known as the Batman in Metropolis' sister city, Gotham. There is faint but recognizably haughty murmur in the room. He talks about the "good alien" who protected the city. There is an approving murmur in the room. Still, he continues, these "heroes" are outliers that cannot be counted on or be trusted. He talks about taking matters into their own hands--there is approval in the audience. That in conjunction with their defenselessness in the face of considerable local and global threat, he explains, is the impetus behind his forthcoming revelation--a joint R&D partnership between his company, Luthor Corp. and Wayne Enterprises, with backing from the U.S military, aimed at shoring up Earth's defenses--on the micro and macro level--in the face of increasingly intimidating forces. There is great approval in the room, then clapping.

Lex, looking satisfied, reveals that there is more to be said about the matter, and invites a special guest to join him: "Bruce Wayne, get out over here...."

There is restlessness in the gathering as everyone looks about them. From various pockets, the curiosity is audible: "Bruce Wayne, here...well isn't that something..."; "I heard he lost his fortune in some scandal involving stocks..."; "He never called me back after that night, I thought we really had something special...."

The anxiety in the room is palpable. Even Clark, at this point, is wondering who this Bruce Wayne fellow is.

Lex scans the ball room, stopping and fixing his gaze in the back, to where Clark is standing: "ahh, there he is; Bruce Wayne you rascal, come on up here."

Everyone in the room follows Lex's gaze towards Clark. Clark looks at all eyes seemingly on him like a deer in headlights.

The guy standing next to him, who he was briefly chatting up right before Lex's interruption, has set his drink down. The fellow looks Clark in the eye and explains how he hates these things--pointing to Lex holding the mic. "Well, guess being the CEO can't be fun all the time, how's my tie by the way." His tie is set and held sharply in place. Clark echoes, "looks great," still faintly perplexed but now approaching the shores of realization as to who this fellow is.

He thanks Clark and pats him on the shoulder, telling him he's a decent fellow and that he enjoyed talking to him. He begins walking toward Lex on the other side of the room. He walks calmly and confidently like a man who has rehearsed this many times before. Like he were an actor and this was all an act to him. "Bruce Wayne everyone...," Lex announces once more into the mic, with applause all around.

Clark looks at the frame of the man walking to the front, musing to himself, "Bruce Wayne..."

:lol:

:lol: nice!

I'm all in for this sequel though. Snyder's always gon' be a risk, but I'll take it. Just give me Bats and I'm all good :lol:

Last edited:
i was able to see this for free, but if i had paid I would have been pretty upset. I actually left out of the movie early, I don't wanna get into reasons why but was anyone else bothered by laurence fishburne and his one earring?
laugh.gif
everytime dude popped up in the scene it just irked me.
roll.gif
. or when he ran during the attack.

Hmmmmm..... I think this is a step in the right direction.

Zack Snyder Meeting With Frank Miller To Discuss BATMAN/SUPERMAN Movie

Independent reports that Miller will be meeting with Snyder soon to discuss the project, and a source of the author tells the site, "Frank had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He’s going to be meeting up with Zack in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that."

Man, just let Frank co-direct. Snyder can make it look good and Miller handles everything else. Fire Goyer.

Last edited:
Christopher Nolan has to be somewhere like...

cain-smile-frown.gif

My dude has his name attached to a box office hit, got a cut of the earnings, and bears no brunt of the criticism
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well to be fair he was just a producer, he kind of approves the direction of the film and even had to be convinced with the ending. He likely had no say in how the lines are delivered or even what is going to be said, he just knows the direction. He was reportedly only visited the set once the whole production.

I already predicted in the beginning that if the film was a big success, Nolan will get all the credit but if people hates it, Snyder will get the blame.

I guess that's the gift and the curse working with Nolan.  To be honest though, it's not like Nolan is exempt from criticism.  I think he caught way more flack for DKR than Synder is getting for MOS.  People even want to see a sequel of MOS without Batman, so it couldn't have been that bad...

I think folks should refrain from getting their hopes up about this Superman x Batman union in the MoS sequel. It'll likely just amount to an extended cameo by Bruce Wayne.

This is how I imagine it will play out:

In the aftermath of Metropolis' destruction, we are witness to a city attempting to repair itself. Taking part in the rebuilding efforts are several prominent citizens and home-grown companies, of which Lex Luthor and his Luther Corp. are a part of. Also in the mix is Wayne Enterprises, whose billionaire CEO has pledged some undisclosed amount (speculated in the millions) to the "affected citizens" fund.

In proper fashion, a huge and ritzy gala is thrown in recognition of those people who've done the most for Metropolis in the rebuilding efforts; and of course, as is always the case with such events, much of the attendees hail from the upper echelon of the social order, with nary a consideration/invite for the men and women actually involved in the build up effort (see construction workers, reg. on duty cop, firefighters, nurses, etc). Simply stated, the gala is an ensemble of the rich, for the rich, to speculate and amuse themselves (who lost the most properties, whose insurance policy paid out the most, etc).

Anyway, as it is customary to document these events for the hoi polloi, certain privileged members of the press are given access, and as we scan the room we stumble across Perry White and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet, naturally, and Clark Kent, quite unnaturally. Clark has been dragged there in lieu of a more seasoned journalist because Lois believes the event will hone his journalistic skills (throw him to the sharks and he'll have no choice but to swim for his life). Also, having Clark there frees her from her journalistic obligations and allows her to cavort with the rich.

After a few overwhelming profiles, Clark retreats to the food spread at the back of the room to take a breather. There, he surveys the room, full of people and pretentions unlike anything he's experienced. The contrast is stark for a guy who grew up on a farm in Kansas. He continues to reflect on the simple life he once knew, but his longings are suddenly interrupted by a voice next to him. A voice that seeming crept out the darkness like a phantom. There's a sharply dressed man standing next to him, holding a drink in one hand, with the other hand tucked in his trouser pocket. Clark wonders to himself, "when and where did he come from"?

A man whose presence escapes detection by even the Man of Steel, remarkable, wouldn't you say?

The two chatter for a while. It's obvious to Clark that the fellow is cut from the same social cloth as many in the room. However, beneath the superficiality of wealth, there appears to be more to the fellow. A great deal more. Clark is mystified. Their conversation is interrupted by the shriek of a microphone on the other side of the room. The room goes quite.

A man who was earlier introduced to Clark by Lois as Lex Luthor, "one of Metropolis' shining stars", holds the mic. He makes a few opening comments, jokes, the crowd laughs pleasantly. He then acknowledges some of the various esteemed invitees in attendance--there is applause. After the applause dies down, he starts addressing why they are all there. He talks about taking a stand, a need for action and a call to action to protect the world from a new kind of threat. He talks about the rampancy of chaos in the world. Of mad terrorists hell bent on destroying cities, of aliens hell bent on destroying earth, etc. He talks about brave men and women standing for something. Of heroes arising from the ranks of the ordinary to stand up for justice. He touches on the vigilante known as the Batman in Metropolis' sister city, Gotham. There is faint but recognizably haughty murmur in the room. He talks about the "good alien" who protected the city. There is an approving murmur in the room. Still, he continues, these "heroes" are outliers that cannot be counted on or be trusted. He talks about taking matters into their own hands--there is approval in the audience. That in conjunction with their defenselessness in the face of considerable local and global threat, he explains, is the impetus behind his forthcoming revelation--a joint R&D partnership between his company, Luthor Corp. and Wayne Enterprises, with backing from the U.S military, aimed at shoring up Earth's defenses--on the micro and macro level--in the face of increasingly intimidating forces. There is great approval in the room, then clapping.

Lex, looking satisfied, reveals that there is more to be said about the matter, and invites a special guest to join him: "Bruce Wayne, get out over here...."

There is restlessness in the gathering as everyone looks about them. From various pockets, the curiosity is audible: "Bruce Wayne, here...well isn't that something..."; "I heard he lost his fortune in some scandal involving stocks..."; "He never called me back after that night, I thought we really had something special...."

The anxiety in the room is palpable. Even Clark, at this point, is wondering who this Bruce Wayne fellow is.

Lex scans the ball room, stopping and fixing his gaze in the back, to where Clark is standing: "ahh, there he is; Bruce Wayne you rascal, come on up here."

Everyone in the room follows Lex's gaze towards Clark. Clark looks at all eyes seemingly on him like a deer in headlights.

The guy standing next to him, who he was briefly chatting up right before Lex's interruption, has set his drink down. The fellow looks Clark in the eye and explains how he hates these things--pointing to Lex holding the mic. "Well, guess being the CEO can't be fun all the time, how's my tie by the way." His tie is set and held sharply in place. Clark echoes, "looks great," still faintly perplexed but now approaching the shores of realization as to who this fellow is.

He thanks Clark and pats him on the shoulder, telling him he's a decent fellow and that he enjoyed talking to him. He begins walking toward Lex on the other side of the room. He walks calmly and confidently like a man who has rehearsed this many times before. Like he were an actor and this was all an act to him. "Bruce Wayne everyone...," Lex announces once more into the mic, with applause all around.

Clark looks at the frame of the man walking to the front, musing to himself, "Bruce Wayne..."

:lol:

you wrote all that?!?

Wow good on you man :lol:

^ He didn't write ****. Goyer served as pretty much an idea man for the Dark Knight trilogy. The Nolans were the ones that did most of the screenwriting.

:lol: @ Fire Goyer. He wrote all of your favorite Batman films though.
Not my fav Batman films. For me Begins and Rises is nothing to brag about and to be brutally honest as much as I love TDK, without Heath's Joker the movie is the same as the rest.

So yeah I'm all for the firing of Goyer.

Last edited:
just streamed man of steel. was good. I liked it. I felt like a lot of the concepts were rushed, but i'm not complaining too much. superman is just such a dope character, its hard to mess it up too much. well, besides that last superman movie lol. there was so much destruction, that city was destroyed. it would take the world years to recover from that.

Anybody cop the blu ray today? Look like Target has the better exclusives...

definitely copping

i agree w target having the better deal compared to other stores such as best buy

walmart got a good one too

however i really want the limited collectors edition, but i think its only online. i wanna see it in person first before purchasing

Back
Top Bottom