Man opens fire on White House vol. God told me to do it

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The guy obviously has symptoms of schizophrenia. 
I'm glad that no one was hurt.

This point could open a can of worms...
Its funny that we are reluctant to apply mental disorders to people who "believe god talks to them" 

But we all know what that would mean... 

Word, how do we make the distinction between people who really do talk to god and those that are having active delusions? Are people in scriptures who spoke to God and saw burning bushes exempt because they lived thousands of years ago?

uhmm

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Sillyputty gon have a field day with this one.......
First reply and you're just watering at the mouth to know what that boy thinks. Let that kids' nuts breathe, b.
grin.gif

You guys are embarrassing, especially in the "Henz0s" thread.

Originally Posted by Jack Daniels

First reply and you're just watering at the mouth to know what that boy thinks. Let that kids' nuts breathe, b.
grin.gif

meanwhile you're named after and have the sig of a whiskey brand.

good job.

sillyputty wrote:
Originally Posted by bruce negro

The issue is that their has not been a recent Christian terrorist attack of the scale of 9/11 that was committed directly towards America as a whole. There has been no militant Christian group that has declared a "holy war" on the US and then backed it up with a vicious attack of 9/11 scale. Although Muslims as a whole didn't declare this holy war, a group that was capable of carrying one out did just that and committed the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Although fear of muslims existed before 9/11, that event was what really put everything over the top. When you see an attack like this and the man is Muslim, it really makes you wonder if he's a part of an organization that's able to pull something like 9/11 off again, and that's an association that we really only comes with the Islamic religion, not Christianity. If a Christian, or Hindu group had done 9/11, I think the same media bias would be geared towards them.
I wonder what they're telling you high schoolers these days...
30t6p3b.gif

We can talk about "scale" if you want but an attack is an attack.

One life lost is just as bad as One Thousand. Neither amount of people are coming back. If those planes had only killed 1 person, would it make the attack any better or worse, ultimately?

And yes there have been dozens of christian terrorist attacks. A simple google search would reveal this. 

I guess these aren't considered christian motivated attacks either, huh?

[*]1993: Operation Rescue, a Christian organization, got one of the targets on its "Wanted Posters."  Dr. David Gunn is dead because of Christian terrorists.[*]1994: Dr. John Britton and James Barrett became victims of Christian terrorist Reverend Paul Jennings Hill.[*]1994: Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols were killed by Christian terrorist John Salvi.[*]1996-98: Christian Terrorist Eric Rudolph killed at least two and injured more than 150 in a series of bombings, including Atlanta's Olympic Centennial Park. [*]1998: Christian terrorist James Kopp killed at least one and went on a series of anti-abortion shooting sprees, both in the U.S. and Canada.[*]2009: Christian terrorist Scott Roeder killed Dr. George Tiller in Kansas.
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Don't patronize me.
Looking at all of the samples you cited, the focus of the terrorism was not on America as a whole, but specific people/believers. When you attack a country as a whole, that means every single person in that country is a target, which makes the crime much more notorious.

Furthermore, the "a life is a life" argument is ridiculous when talking about the scale of a country. To be blunt, shut that %@$! up. More people have been killed in Detroit in the last 7 years than soldiers in Afghanistan in the last 10, so should we move all military forces there? No, although some would help.  The focus and potential damage of the crime is the real issue here. 

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

grin.gif

meanwhile you're named after and have the sig of a whiskey brand.

good job.
and yours is after a television series. Ironic much?

fantastic job.

Our screen names are irrelevant to all this slurpage..

and I'm sure he can speak for himself..don't hold his hand.

sillyputty wrote:

The issue is that their has not been a recent Christian terrorist attack of the scale of 9/11 that was committed directly towards America as a whole. There has been no militant Christian group that has declared a "holy war" on the US and then backed it up with a vicious attack of 9/11 scale. Although Muslims as a whole didn't declare this holy war, a group that was capable of carrying one out did just that and committed the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Although fear of muslims existed before 9/11, that event was what really put everything over the top. When you see an attack like this and the man is Muslim, it really makes you wonder if he's a part of an organization that's able to pull something like 9/11 off again, and that's an association that we really only comes with the Islamic religion, not Christianity. If a Christian, or Hindu group had done 9/11, I think the same media bias would be geared towards them.
I wonder what they're telling you high schoolers these days...
30t6p3b.gif

We can talk about "scale" if you want but an attack is an attack.

One life lost is just as bad as One Thousand. Neither amount of people are coming back. If those planes had only killed 1 person, would it make the attack any better or worse, ultimately?

And yes there have been dozens of christian terrorist attacks. A simple google search would reveal this. 

I guess these aren't considered christian motivated attacks either, huh?

[*]1993: Operation Rescue, a Christian organization, got one of the targets on its "Wanted Posters."  Dr. David Gunn is dead because of Christian terrorists.[*]1994: Dr. John Britton and James Barrett became victims of Christian terrorist Reverend Paul Jennings Hill.[*]1994: Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols were killed by Christian terrorist John Salvi.[*]1996-98: Christian Terrorist Eric Rudolph killed at least two and injured more than 150 in a series of bombings, including Atlanta's Olympic Centennial Park. [*]1998: Christian terrorist James Kopp killed at least one and went on a series of anti-abortion shooting sprees, both in the U.S. and Canada.[*]2009: Christian terrorist Scott Roeder killed Dr. George Tiller in Kansas.
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
Don't patronize me.
Looking at all of the samples you cited, the focus of the terrorism was not on America as a whole, but specific people/believers. When you attack a country as a whole, that means every single person in that country is a target, which makes the crime much more notorious.

Furthermore, the "a life is a life" argument is ridiculous when talking about the scale of a country. To be blunt, shut that %@$! up. More people have been killed in Detroit in the last 7 years than soldiers in Afghanistan in the last 10, so should we move all military forces there? No, although some would help.  The focus and potential damage of the crime is the real issue here. 

Don't patronize you? A simple google search and some perspective would save you from feeling like your feelings got hurt...but oh well.

You are contradicting yourself...and you seem angry with the curse words that get edited out anyways...so first of all...calm down. 

You stated that the motivation for 9/11, in your eyes, was based on religion. Muslims vs America. Their islamic view clashed with the "american" view, christian or not.

How is this different from the attacks I listed? Are they not christian terrorists? They are motivated by their "christianity" to attack people who support views outside of their "christian" stance.

How is that not the same thing?

Christians attacked people who didn't follow their concept of a world that should exist with respect to christianity.

Muslims attacked people who didn't follow their concept of a world that should exist with respect to islam. 

Please explain the difference here.

The concept that a life is a life DOES matter. You brought up the scale argument. Not me. 

One person killed in an attack motivated by faith is no different than 10 people killed in an attack motivated by faith. The only difference is the number of people killed. They are both just as bad.

For example, Eric Robert Rudolph killed 2 people and injured around 150...but do the injured not count? Thats around 152 people who were affected directly by those attacks motivated by christianity. Thats a lot of people and a lot of damage. He attacked americans. Is that not the same thing? 

Them being foreign doesn't change the argument. 

You need to stop letting the news tell you what constitutes a terror attack. Its not always "them versus us" Its sometimes "Us versus Us" 

JThqE.jpg

You want to talk about the focus and damage of a crime. Uh...Hello!

This guy shot at the white house. Thats the most direct attack the president has seen since reagan got shot at...or when the dude shot at the white house when clinton was in office... not even 9/11...so whats your point? 

How do you know how many people this lunatic with the AK47 planned on killing? Does that make it any different? 

Its funny that we are reluctant to apply mental disorders to people who "believe god talks to them" 

Get off your campaign against all things religious..I'll getting a little old.
And Anton, stand on your own two instead of sac chasing this guy in every thread.

ern760.gif

but i agree this issue would def have been #1 story if dude was arab....biased? maybe, but but the last few attacks to this country have been in the name of islam
ohwell.gif

with that said, there are way too many people who believe christianity has zero history of violence or there were never any acts of terrorism in the name of...and it really pisses me off.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

And Anton, stand on your own two instead of sac chasing this guy in every thread.

I agree with everything he says, and I'm kinda retiring from a long history of making the same arguments with people like yourself in these threads and frankly I don't have as much time as I used to to quote biblical passages and post other anti-theist/pro-logic content. Silly Putty is doing a great job carrying the torch and pissing people like you off

There has been a lot of displaced anger toward me on NT lately, I love it!!!
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Bookmarked... this thread has all of the makings of a thread I will enjoy reading in the future
roll.gif
 Yes Sir
SillyPutty again posting a bunch of words on screen that no one cares to read.  

Some LOLs already...

itll just give all these disgrunted slack jawed hillbillies the motivation to try it out too

Our screen names are irrelevant to all this slurpage..

stand on your own two instead of sac chasing this guy in every thread.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ern760.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ah I love NT 
laugh.gif
[/font]

qft..but I can't blame you Anton. You've been the lone outspoken voice for atheists on nt for too long.
laugh.gif

Now I see you're happy to have sillyputty as his sidekick..or successor..or whatever lol and you're going to take every opportunity you can to support him.

No shots (seriously), just an observation.

The irony of this dude telling me to stand on my own and post more original anti-religious comment is he's complaining about how much anti-religious content Silly Putty posts?

128984967266906890.jpg

qft..but I can't blame you Anton. You've been the lone outspoken voice for atheists on nt for too long.
laugh.gif

Now I see you're happy to have sillyputty as his sidekick..or successor..or whatever lol and you're going to take every opportunity you can to support him.

No shots (seriously), just an observation.

No offense taken, I'm actually a lot more active on NT this week than I usually am cause I'm off "work"-I'm not the same poster I was 2 years ago, I'll let Silly Putty handle these arguments-Besides with the overwhelming breadth of content that he usually posts wth else am I supposed to add?
laugh.gif

I don't need to be the damn poster-boy for the NT atheist/agnostic/anti-religious movement

laugh.gif
I'm just calling it like I see it Detective Lavey.

And I responded honestly, if you want me to start posting more anti-religious content and making more threads I will be more than happy to oblige you at least for the next couple of weeks when my workload isn't as intense
happy.gif
Deal?

Yea and Silly Putty for NTer of the year---Yea I'm campaigning, sue me!!!

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif

And I responded honestly, if you want me to start posting more anti-religious content and making more threads I will be more than happy to oblige you at least for the next couple of weeks when my workload isn't as intense
happy.gif
Deal?

shut your #@$ up

Yessss!!!!! YEEEEES!!!! Your anger and anguish sustains me.

Very nice of you to join the party old friend
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by rashi

This is a none issue. People open fire on public housing everyday and nobody says anything.
the president doesn't live in public housing...

Oh really? So President's maintain the White House with their own money or our tax money? How was the White House built and additions added on to it? Exactly, public money.

laugh.gif

happy.gif
Deal?

shut your %%% up clown

Sillyputty regurgitates the same thing in every topic he enters....its laughable he runs in circles like a dog chasing it's tail...we get it...your an atheist.....how awesome.
roll.gif

Son BSmooth has a long history of getting ethered by just about very non-religious person on NT, myself included
laugh.gif

I'm convinced BSmooth, Cartune and Supermanblue are the same person

Since the three of you apparently miss me, I'm gonna try to be more active in these threads---the irony of the three of you complaining about me NOT posting more is comedy to me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

This is a none issue. People open fire on public housing everyday and nobody says anything.
the president doesn't live in public housing...

Oh really? So President's maintain the White House with their own money or our tax money? How was the White House built and additions added on to it? Exactly, public money.
Exactly.
I wonder if these guys proof-read sometimes... 
laugh.gif

I guess he thinks that the secret service just gets paid when barack writes a personal check and waits for BoA to clear it. 

laugh.gif

happy.gif
 Deal?

shut your %%% up clown 

Sillyputty regurgitates the same thing in every topic he enters....its laughable he runs in circles like a dog chasing it's tail...we get it...your an atheist.....how awesome. 
Again...not adding anything to the topic or addressing any stances. 

Just repeated flames. 

This has nothing to do with me not believing in your god(s)...this is about flawed perspectives on the impact of religion with respect to the allegations against the suspect.

Son BSmooth has a long history of getting ethered by just about very non-religious person on NT, myself included
laugh.gif

I'm convinced BSmooth, Cartune and Supermanblue are the same person

Since the three of you apparently miss me, I'm gonna try to be more active in these thread---the irony of the three of you complaining about me NOT posting more is comedy to me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

when have i complained about you not posting though?

How are you gonna say I have a long history of getting ethered by non-religious people and then continue to big up yourself in the same breath? yeah you really 'ethered' me there
eek.gif
roll.gif

take that reverse psychology bull ##!* out of here....'oh y'all must miss me'....what?
laugh.gif

as for this topic...

you can call yourself a follower of whatever religion you want to...and make whatever exoteric claims regarding God you want to...regardless objective, ultimate reality and truth will always prevail.

This has nothing to do with me not believing in your god(s)...this is about flawed perspectives on the impact of religion with respect to the allegations against the suspect.
You always try and play this stupid position....just like I said REGURGITATION....then you claim it has nothing to do with you...of course we realize it doesn't directly but as a community it has a lot to do with you based on your output and tireless propagation of atheism.
eyes.gif

classic Anton
pimp.gif
when out-witted....respond with a big *%+ gif to try and draw some lulz
 |
V

Back
Top Bottom