Man Vs. Food's spicy food challenges are so stupid. Vol: Ghost chili? Softie

This dude Adam's already taken down a ghost chili and theres been episodes (sushi one right now) where he eats spicy foods that arent as hot as the ghost chili and he fronts like he cant finish it.
laugh.gif

But on the real

Spoiler [+]
NY > _____

No seriously...

pimp.gif

Never had a ghost chili. I'm waiting for the day when he gets on those celebrity fitness shows.

Never had a ghost chili. I'm waiting for the day when he gets on those celebrity fitness shows.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

This dude Adam's already taken down a ghost chili and theres been episodes (sushi one right now) where he eats spicy foods that arent as hot as the ghost chili and he fronts like he cant finish it.
laugh.gif

Its entertainment
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

Its entertainment
laugh.gif

[h1]Woman gobbles 51 of world's hottest chillies - and rubs 25 in her eyes while Gordon Ramsay watches in horror
[/h1]
By Julie Moult
Last updated at 11:43 PM on 10th April 2009

They're likely to leave you gasping for water  -  and have even been known to kill people who eat too many.

Forthis woman, however, the world's hottest chilli pepper proved nothingmore than a simple snack as she chomped her way through 51 of them toclaim a place in the Guinness Book of Records yesterday.

AnanditaDutta Tamuly completed her eye-watering feat in two minutes, to theastonishment of Gordon Ramsay, who was monitoring her record attempt.

article-1169045-0464006F000005DC-480_468x632.jpg

Not content with consuming them, the mother-of-one also smeared them in her eyes as Gordon Ramsay looked on

And for some inexplicable reason, 26-year-old Mrs Tamuly then wenton to smear handfuls of seeds from the fiery bhut jolokia chillies intoher eyes as the crowds gasped in horror.

In 2007 Guinness acknowledged the bhut jolokia as the hottest chilliin the world, measuring more than 1million units on the Scoville HeatRating chart, the method of classifying heat in peppers. A standard NewMexican green chilli has just 1,500 units.

A single seed from a bhut jolokia will cause watering eyes and arunny nose as well as a burning sensation in the mouth that can last upto five hours.

article-1169045-04640112000005DC-522_468x314.jpg

Awestruck: Anandita Dutta Tamuly embarks on her attempt to break the world record for chilli eating

But Mrs Tamuly said coolly: 'I have been eating bhut jolokia since my childhood and never felt the hotness in my mouth.

'When I was five I had a sore tongue and mymother applied a chilli paste to cure the infection. Since then Ideveloped a penchant for chillies.

article-1169045-0464C4DA000005DC-378_233x423.jpg

After that I found eating chillies was a great way to stay healthy.Every time I have a cold or flu I just munch on some chillies and Ifeel better. To be honest, I barely notice them now.'

She said she was disappointed not to have managed even more, havingswallowed 60 chillies in practice runs. Mrs Tamuly's record-breakingmunch took place in the Assam region of India where she lives and wherethe chilli grows in hilly areas.

Ramsay, who was in India filming for a Channel 4 programme, couldmanage only one before screaming for water, yelling: 'It's too much!'

The previous record was held by a South African woman who ate eight jalapenos in one minute in 2002.

In September last year an aspiring chef died after eating a chilli sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend.

Andrew Lee, 33, from Edlington, West Yorkshire, challenged hisgirlfriend's brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciestsauce that he could create.

Mr Lee prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on hisfather's allotment. But after eating it he suffered intense discomfortand itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly afterhaving a heart attack.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...rdon-Ramsay-watches-horror.html#ixzz0thx522yl

[h1]Woman gobbles 51 of world's hottest chillies - and rubs 25 in her eyes while Gordon Ramsay watches in horror
[/h1]
By Julie Moult
Last updated at 11:43 PM on 10th April 2009

They're likely to leave you gasping for water  -  and have even been known to kill people who eat too many.

Forthis woman, however, the world's hottest chilli pepper proved nothingmore than a simple snack as she chomped her way through 51 of them toclaim a place in the Guinness Book of Records yesterday.

AnanditaDutta Tamuly completed her eye-watering feat in two minutes, to theastonishment of Gordon Ramsay, who was monitoring her record attempt.

article-1169045-0464006F000005DC-480_468x632.jpg

Not content with consuming them, the mother-of-one also smeared them in her eyes as Gordon Ramsay looked on

And for some inexplicable reason, 26-year-old Mrs Tamuly then wenton to smear handfuls of seeds from the fiery bhut jolokia chillies intoher eyes as the crowds gasped in horror.

In 2007 Guinness acknowledged the bhut jolokia as the hottest chilliin the world, measuring more than 1million units on the Scoville HeatRating chart, the method of classifying heat in peppers. A standard NewMexican green chilli has just 1,500 units.

A single seed from a bhut jolokia will cause watering eyes and arunny nose as well as a burning sensation in the mouth that can last upto five hours.

article-1169045-04640112000005DC-522_468x314.jpg

Awestruck: Anandita Dutta Tamuly embarks on her attempt to break the world record for chilli eating

But Mrs Tamuly said coolly: 'I have been eating bhut jolokia since my childhood and never felt the hotness in my mouth.

'When I was five I had a sore tongue and mymother applied a chilli paste to cure the infection. Since then Ideveloped a penchant for chillies.

article-1169045-0464C4DA000005DC-378_233x423.jpg

After that I found eating chillies was a great way to stay healthy.Every time I have a cold or flu I just munch on some chillies and Ifeel better. To be honest, I barely notice them now.'

She said she was disappointed not to have managed even more, havingswallowed 60 chillies in practice runs. Mrs Tamuly's record-breakingmunch took place in the Assam region of India where she lives and wherethe chilli grows in hilly areas.

Ramsay, who was in India filming for a Channel 4 programme, couldmanage only one before screaming for water, yelling: 'It's too much!'

The previous record was held by a South African woman who ate eight jalapenos in one minute in 2002.

In September last year an aspiring chef died after eating a chilli sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend.

Andrew Lee, 33, from Edlington, West Yorkshire, challenged hisgirlfriend's brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciestsauce that he could create.

Mr Lee prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on hisfather's allotment. But after eating it he suffered intense discomfortand itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly afterhaving a heart attack.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...rdon-Ramsay-watches-horror.html#ixzz0thx522yl

i ate at "Brick Lane Curry" in NY where Adam had the Spicy Curry Challenge. i tried it and it was ridiculous. took a couple bites threw in the towel.

i ate at "Brick Lane Curry" in NY where Adam had the Spicy Curry Challenge. i tried it and it was ridiculous. took a couple bites threw in the towel.

I tried the orochan challenge and failed, not for the fact of the spice, but it being a ramen the broth came so damn hot I couldn't cool it down enough without burning up my mouth.

I tried the orochan challenge and failed, not for the fact of the spice, but it being a ramen the broth came so damn hot I couldn't cool it down enough without burning up my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom