Marilyn Monroe

(NT censors the word I wanna use, so I'm gonna use "harlot")

Can someone bring me to light about the true nature of Marilyn Monroe? I was having a friendly debate with a friend about her. I tweeted about how it's a shame that girls idolize her when she was actually a glorified harlot. Am I wrong? I'm totally fine with being wrong, but I just haven't heard otherwise.

Her argument about why she might be idolized was, "Because she didn't see herself as a harlot. She tipped outside the boundaries of how women should act in the eyes of society."

I took it as Marilyn trying to make being a harlot a societal norm, which I still think is something that shouldn't be looked up to.

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate an educated, unbiased reply. Is there a misconception of her in today's society regarding her being a harlot? I don't want to be calling someone a harlot out of being ignorant of the truth.

Thanks NT

she was a slob from what i heard. very junky, food in the bed etc. besides that, she was mentally crazy and an anti thesis to her public image. being a girl like her back then was for a reason. i.e. getting secrets and sway from men in positions of power. these girls nowadays be giving it up for red lobster, 20 inch rims and fake jewelry...smh

http://thehairpin.com/2011/10/scandals-of-classic-hollywood-the-unheralded-marilyn-monroe
Anne Helen Petersen is a Doctor of Celebrity Gossip. No, really. You can find evidence (and other writings) here.

Picture-231.jpg

Originally Posted by Wr

she was a slob from what i heard. very junky, food in the bed etc. besides that, she was mentally crazy and an anti thesis to her public image. being a girl like her back then was for a reason. i.e. getting secrets and sway from men in positions of power. these girls nowadays be giving it up for red lobster, 20 inch rims and fake jewelry...smh

so what you're saying is, back then being a harlot meant something. there was dignity behind the label!

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Wr

so what you're saying is, back then being a harlot meant something. there was dignity behind the label!
Is that true? If so, I understand. Don't necessarily agree, but I understand. It still doesn't give reason for girls these days to idolize that kind of behavior.

Hank, thanks. Bookmarked.

She actually had talent though. Kim K is famous for a sex tape and pretty much uses the media to get more famous. Marilyn could at least sing and act. She could star in a movie and it would be entertaining.

Originally Posted by Wr

this. from what i've heard Cleopatra was the master of this.

Chick was the epitome of "sex symbol" in her day but calling her a harlot is a bit of a stretch

She was a actress, although most these chicks never seen a single film of hers that was her actual claim to fame if that's what your asking. Whats special about her, I don't think anyone can really tell you there was anything special about her. She just happened to be someone whos image was different at the time, and she had a little appeal to her. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Maybe she's idolized because she was an acclaimed actress?

most of the girls quoting her haven't seen a single film or heard a single song she's done
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goofy08

Originally Posted by Wr

dat ancient egyptian ({})
20493-24486.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Wr

I wouldn't go that far lol. It's still a dirty job. But these girls just be losing nowadays. big time lol. This chick was in the mix of breaking power deals and staving off nuclear war. These chicks nowadays be krunk about dating a dope boy with "racks on deck"

Chick was the epitome of "sex symbol" in her day but calling her a harlot is a bit of a stretch
She actually was though. Pretty well known that she was too

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

most of the girls quoting her haven't seen a single film or heard a single song she's done
laugh.gif
That goes for most people that quote people. How many people quote _____  yet have never even had a cursory look at his life and work? 

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by goofy08

Originally Posted by Wr

dat ancient egyptian ({})
20493-24486.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im over here ded

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif

exactly.

talm bout if you cant handle my worst, you dont deserve my best.  @@+$ outta here.
but i did realize that most of the chicks that idolize her want the d quick
devil.gif

So Slickening wrote:
Her argument about why she might be idolized was, "Because she didn't see herself as a harlot. She tipped outside the boundaries of how women should act in the eyes of society."

laugh.gif
typical excuse used by females to justify being  a harlot. reminds of hazel going on about a woman's "sexual prowess"
laugh.gif

^ dat women logic
laugh.gif

so basically kim k is a modern day marilyn monroe?

famous for being a @!!%

Ive seen a couple of her movies. Theyre entertaining and her outfits are gorgeous. I dont idolize her but i think she was a beautiful woman and she embraced her curves so maybe thats why women idolize her? And sex sells and she knew that so i dont really judge any female who take that route because men will continue to encourage that so they would also be at fault

Back
Top Bottom