Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From the O's MB

ESPN is reporting that Teixeira is close to making a decision and that he has "an enormous attraction to the Orioles."

Say what you want about the money, but this is the EXACT signing the O's need. He's a MD native, and a guy who could help rekindle interest in this "once" proud franchise. OPACY is the most beautiful park in MLB, and unfortunately, no one is going to the games. Signing Tex would be a step in the right direction, and hopefully will help mend fences between Angelos and some die-hard O's fans....
Man, I went to sooooo many O's games when I was in high school (before I moved to PSU). They are such a blast, I would love to be able to goand just sit and enjoy the atmosphere again. Doesn't matter if the O's are crappy, its an awesome experience. I miss those days
frown.gif

I guess when that standard was set, it was the most beautiful park. Not anymore ...

Originally Posted by JordanXI2001

Originally Posted by The Wizard

what good would be with the Nationals?

he's not marketable, he won't have any real protection. I'm sorry Ryan Zimmerman is a 5 hitter at best.

paying 20 mil a year for a .280 35 110 hitter when you have no other pieces is stupid on many levels.
he's not marketable? he'd be a hometown hero in Washington. won't have any real protection? put him in between Zimmerman (3) and Dukes (5), and that would be a powerhouse 3-4-5. Zimmerman would thrive batting in front of Tex and put up Wright like numbers offensively. Dukes would rack up the RBI batting behind Tex. my dude Dukes is destined for a MONSTER breakout season: all star debut, hr derby champ, 40+ homers, just watch.

sadly though, i don't think Tex will actually be a National but I am keeping the hope alive. then my worst fear will come true and the Nationals will be guaranteed to sign the strikeout machine Adam Dunn.
sick.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

I guess when that standard was set, it was the most beautiful park. Not anymore ...

no it still is, why do you think everyone is still trying to copy what they have? and still no one has beat them

what it comes down to is the fact he wants to be paid like a mvp, and i just dont think this guys hits as well or would mean as much to any team as say, arod,manny, jeter, ortiz, howard, so whatever team gets him would be overpaying by 4-5 million anually

according to Buster Olney, it's a 3 team race between the Angels, Sox, and the NATS. the Orioles are out of therunning
happy.gif

make a damn decision already!
mad.gif

i think the Nationals are gonna end up offering the most money and Tex won't turn it down.
pimp.gif

The Nationals signing this guy would be a horrible decision on their part, and it would prove Teixeira is the *%@+ sucker everyone in Arlington thought he waswhen he started whining about wanting to win and turned down 7 years and $145 million to stay in Arlington...
i just dont think this guys hits as well or would mean as much to any team as say, arod, manny, jeter, ortiz, howard, so whatever team gets him would be overpaying by 4-5 million anually
He's an great hitter in any ballpark and an elite defensive first baseman... He's one of the best players in baseball, but the dudeisn't a leader. He wants no part of being the guy teammates turn to in the locker room and he's not a guy that's particularly marketable...

At this point, I understand why the Angels and Red Sox are in on him... But I don't see at all how the Nationals figure this makes sense for theirorganization... Ask the Rangers how paying a prime-time free agent $20+ million bucks annually when you're 3-4 years away from any sort of relevance worksout... And A-Rod is miles ahead of Mark Teixeira in terms of marketability and talent...

The Nationals signing Teixeira would turn into the same crap the Rangers got into with A-Rod... He'll end up whining and complaining in two years becausethey aren't competitive, and the Nationals will end up paying a huge chunk of his salary to get any of type return on him through trade...

Regardless... $%#@ Mark Teixeira... If there's one guy in all of professional sports that I'd give my left arm to see never win anything important,it's that scum bag.

grin.gif
Not a leader? This is baseball, that type of stuff doesn't mattermuch.

Bitterness ain't a good look on you Nowitness. Stay classy homie.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

grin.gif
Not a leader? This is baseball, that type of stuff doesn't matter much.

Bitterness ain't a good look on you Nowitness. Stay classy homie.
laugh.gif
Leadership doesn't matter in baseball? Then why does everybody love Derek Jeter so damn much? Leadership is what will make Derek Jeter a Hallof Famer and not just another good shortstop...

I just don't like dude. At all. Didn't like him when he was here, and the way he @#%!!%@ and moaned and threw everyone else in Arlington under the busin the months leading up to his leaving town only made it worse...

Bitter?

chris_davis_1.jpg

smoak.jpg

With those two guys to replace him? And Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Elvis Andrus, and one of the five best pitching prospects in all of baseball in return for him?

Nah, I'm good.
grin.gif

Well this sounds like a Vince Carter situation so I will assume your anger is justified.
laugh.gif

Baseball is so individual I just don't get how "leadership" is that important, and in the end we don't know what goes on in the locker room.

Hitting the crap out of the ball makes Derek Jeter a hall of fame short stop in my eyes.

Teixeira would be a moron if he signed with the Orioles or Nationals. What is it with star players and signing with $#!@%@ teams just for $10-$15 millionextra? What difference does it make when we're talking about a $125+ million contract anyways? I'd rather take slightly less money and sign with areally good team (Red Sox, Angels) than take the maximum amount offered and sign with a horribly managed Orioles team.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*losing K-Rod and Teix unappreciation*

frown.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Don't worry SKA, unless the A's make more moves, the division is still the Angels. Unless the Rangers or Mariners show the world....but I doubt it
laugh.gif
I think Billy will keep making moves. No point in bringing in Holliday unless you're serious about contention.

COME ON RED SOX/YANKEES/ORIOLES/NATIONALS. TAKE TEIXEIRA.

laugh.gif

ESON Bottom line says that the Orioles are basically done and are out of the running. ! down a couple more to go. Lets get it done 2morrow Theo. Then we canstart with other little adjustments we need to make before spring training.

i love the Nationals naysayers. keep acting like we're not a franchise on the rise.

and what do you not understand about Tex wanting to come home and play in front of all of his family, friends, and hometown fans?

i think we might lose out when some team offers 9 years, or 8 with option for 10

they said he was close to making a decision on monday...... it;s now wednesday...how close is it now?

Yea I am starting to get a little annoyed with it just pick a team already. I know he is the most sought after athlete out there right now but the offers areon the table. But I honestly think it may be Boris that is holding this whole thing up. Tex prolly has his mind set on where he wants to go with the deals thatare in place but Boris is in his ear with "just wait it out a little longer you can get more" talk. Just sign a contract already.

JordanXI2001 wrote:
i love the Nationals naysayers. keep acting like we're not a franchise on the rise.

and what do you not understand about Tex wanting to come home and play in front of all of his family, friends, and hometown fans?

Keep being the most delusional member in the S & T forum.

Hopefully today Teixeira makes his decision.

Tex would ruin his career if he went to the Nats.

I say he signs with BoSox.

Back
Top Bottom