[table][tr][td] AHH Stray News: Mark Wahlberg Starring In Cocaine Cowboy Movie
Published Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:00 PM

[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
240x240.aspx

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

By Ace Cannon

Former rapper and now actor Mark Wahlberg will star in an untitled film based on the life of Miami drug lord, Jon Roberts. Roberts was chronicled in the hitdocumentary, Cocaine Cowboys. The movie, which will be directed by Peter Berg, details Roberts' time in Vietnam as a decorated soldier to his rolein distributing billions of dollars worth of cocaine for the Medellin drug cartel while residing in Miami. Roberts, who eventually served ten years in prisonfor distributing drugs, is featured in DJ Khaled's video "I'm So Hood." The untitled movie is slated to go into production when thewriter's strike ends.

NOREAGA video

cocaine cowboys FTW

^ watch the documentary again...Roberts involved in everything from making deals with Escobar and Griselda to delivering the product to laudering themoney...Griselda was just psychotic and only really came into the picture during the decline...Mikey Monday was the pilot...

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

i still havent gotten around to watching cocaine cowboys
frown.gif

you wilding my dude..you gotta peep it...

true indeed.

nh i effs with mark wahlbergs work. he one of my top cool white dudes if that makes sense.

dang this movie has much potential. However, drug/crime/mob movies always are a let down for the fact that you know how the end is going to be. I like seeingthe bad guys win.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

dang this movie has much potential. However, drug/crime/mob movies always are a let down for the fact that you know how the end is going to be. I like seeing the bad guys win.

they kinda did win...or as close to a win as you can get at that point in the game...they are out of jail and im pretty sure they still spending them samelil face 100s and 20s - they avoided the typical endings of death or life sentences...
documentary was crazy....with the right people in charge it shouldtranslate into a dope movie
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiss My Airs 33

All I want to know is who is playing Giselda Blanco?

Word. They gonna need a bad chick for her role. Whateva happened to Cocaine Cowboys 2? Wit her and the black dude?

This was my documentary, I can't wait to see this. Hope it's not super watered down like hollywood usually does. But I for sure wanna see what elsehappened wit Griselda and even dude she was involved with from (yea I'm biased) Oakland.

This should be good. Does anyone know what happened to the Mi-Yayo movie that Rick Ross was doing?
He was talking about it in every mixtape song I have from him but I haven't heard a thing about it.

Back
Top Bottom