Married/Engaged NTers, how much did you spend on an engagement ring?

Heard there’s like a guideline of a certain % of your salary, or x amount of months of salary

fortunately my girl doesn’t care much about that kind of stuff. For those of y’all in the 5-7k range how satisfied are y’all with what ya got? I feel like that’s a solid number

Heard there’s like a guideline of a certain % of your salary, or x amount of months of salary

fortunately my girl doesn’t care much about that kind of stuff. For those of y’all in the 5-7k range how satisfied are y’all with what ya got? I feel like that’s a solid number

I got some cheap basic ring for me.. But she got what she wanted. She went out with a friend and friend told me what to get. Wedding stuff/rings real important to some girls.

300 dollars

NO CAP 🤣🤣🤣🤣, I was od broke at the time , barely had enough money in my bank to get metro cards

good thing thats all I spent cuz she turned out to be a thot for the streets

anyways I’d say minimum 2k ?Than again like I said I don’t have much experience lol
Wish you and your wifey the best bro

Friends talking about it now... one said his soon-to-be fiancee is expecting 7-10k :lol:

The other friend who's close is thinking around 4k

300 dollars

NO CAP 🤣🤣🤣🤣, I was od broke at the time , barely had enough money in my bank to get metro cards

good thing thats all I spent cuz she turned out to be a thot for the streets

anyways I’d say minimum 2k ?Than again like I said I don’t have much experience lol
Wish you and your wifey the best bro
damn, whats the story behind this?

Have you two had discussions about marriage? If so, just take her ring shopping to get an idea of her taste.

Yep. She’s sent me pics of what she wants but doesn’t want to go in-person because she thinks it’ll take the element of surprise out of the equation. I disagree. I’ve also heard that it’s good to go together to see how different carat sizes look on her finger.

I was thinking like 2 to 2.5 ct but then I saw how big a 2.5 ct diamond was and thought that **** looked ridiculous.

Yep. She’s sent me pics of what she wants but doesn’t want to go in-person because she thinks it’ll take the element of surprise out of the equation. I disagree. I’ve also heard that it’s good to go together to see how different carat sizes look on her finger.

I was thinking like 2 to 2.5 ct but then I saw how big a 2.5 ct diamond was and thought that **** looked ridiculous.
There is no element of surprise if you two had discussions. Looks like you’re gonna have to get creative in choosing.

Last edited:
A little under 4K..... should’ve saved it to go towards a Cuban and got matching stainless steel bands or some ****

Friends talking about it now... one said his soon-to-be fiancee is expecting 7-10k :lol:

The other friend who's close is thinking around 4k
She just throwing a number out there but probably knows nothing about the 4 C’s

Trust me when I say that the color and quality is way more important than carats..I got my wife the ring of her dreams and the center stone is only 3/4 carat. But the color and clarity are very solid..The engagement ring and matching wedding band are platinum and the total diamond weight is right at 2 carats (they have a bunch of Pave diamonds). Appraisal is right at 6k but my jeweler hooked me up and only charged me 3 grand (At the time of purchase I had been going to him for a decade)..I took my wife to the store with me and had her pick out 5/6 different rings and closely watched her face when she tried each one on. Based my decision mostly on that and my jewelers opinion. Also if you can’t take her, or she don’t want to go, then make sure you know her jewelry habits. Is she a white, yellow, or rose gold person. Does she do a lot of physical activity? Cause you may want to go with plantinum since it’s a harder metal. If her job requires her to use her hands a lot then you may want to go with a wider band for durability and a setting that’s more low profile (a lot of women don’t like a ring that “stands up” too high)..Make sure you find out if the ring you pick has a matching wedding band or one can be made to match..

For me it was all about the stone. I wanted to be sure she had a quality stone first. I’d do your research on stones first then narrow it down to what you’re willing to spend with that. Also I think anything over 1.5 carats starts to look big so I’d personally stay within 1-2 carat range.

Lab created diamonds is the way to go. More bang for your $. Plus, more higher quality diamond selections to choose from. I find it weird though that manufacturers do not make as much larger carat diamonds for certain shapes.

Back
Top Bottom