WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

nod to the comics with that Thanos sunrise scene. Of course in the comics that was after he got owned by Adam Warlock and took his L peacefully

LOL all love, brother. Everyone's entitled to their own view on the movie. I made that comment partly in jest. I find myself agreeing with you a lot of stuff actually (the silly nitpicky stuff not so much).

But yeah, these days it's all about grand statements "THIS MOVIE SUCKS" "BEST. MOVIE. EVER."

Like RFX said, whether it's an album, a movie, a season finale,,, give it a day or two soak in before spewing some BS

It’s always all love brother. I respect your opinion immensely. You weren’t afraid to have valid criticism with this film. I held this film to the HIGHEST standard so my current meltdown is me going through the stages of grief. There’s just too many things they did with this film that was off.

Wow what a movie going to try to catch it again this weekend.
Why wasn’t Bucky throwing hands instead of shooting? I wanted to see the new arm in action. Bruce Banner has been relegated to comic relief.
That final Spider-Man scene hit me in the feels.

I think he still alive. Was dealing with that 1/14 million possible outcomes

i don't think he is alive but he definitely knew what he was doing and probably knew he's coming back once everything is said and done

what he did was definitely the step to that one-win scenario but dude is dead at the moment

Yes some stuff are not picky. I will say children of Thanos
The children got hit pretty bad. Proxima is supposed to be one of the most feared beings. Also Corvus Glaive shouldn’t of been defeated so easily. Twice. I know Thanos destroyed Hulk but no Cull Hilk fight.
still epic though

It’s always all love brother. I respect your opinion immensely. You weren’t afraid to have valid criticism with this film. I held this film to the HIGHEST standard so my current meltdown is me going through the stages of grief. There’s just too many things they did with this film that was off.

Yeah I know you tend to play it up but this movie definitely wasn't without its flaws.

I'm just a bit different criticizing these blockbuster geek movies as I try to eliminate all the
"clapping" moments,,, needless Easter eggs,,etc. and try to judge the film in a vacuum (I.E. if it wasn't an adaptation of years of comic books)

I admit, a lot of times it's tricky to separate a good comic book movie from an actual good movie.

418DE248-5630-4250-AFE5-7333E53A27A3.jpeg

Just bought

Wow what a movie going to try to catch it again this weekend.
Why wasn’t Bucky throwing hands instead of shooting? I wanted to see the new arm in action. Bruce Banner has been relegated to comic relief.
That final Spider-Man scene hit me in the feels.
Nah Bruce in that manner was a brilliant plot device.

We’re used to the Hulk being such an untamed forced and mans refused to come out after he got hit with the 22 piece combo.

He was there to show that Thanos more dangerous then they could’ve imagined.

i’d have rather they killed off Rhodey than BP, but I guess they gotta hit audiences hard with the feels. Had people straight yelling NO when certain people started dying

Yeah I know you tend to play it up but this movie definitely wasn't without its flaws.

I'm just a bit different criticizing these blockbuster geek movies as I try to eliminate all the
"clapping" moments,,, needless Easter eggs,,etc. and try to judge the film in a vacuum (I.E. if it wasn't an adaptation of years of comic books)

I admit, a lot of times it's tricky to separate a good comic book movie from an actual good movie.

See as big as a Marvel comic fan I am, I’m not a slave to source material. I’m completely ok with liberties if they make sense for the narrative. There’s just too many questionable things that are conformed to cater to Thanos’ narrative which is a misunderstood hero. His quest for balance is told off as an obsession yet briefly glossed over in a 2 minute conversation about how finite resources destroyed his home world but with no real exposè as to how that came about to allow you to truly understand why he’s so hellbent. Why do you go that left from a character’s original backstory and then not even give conviction to your new direction? Like c’mon.

Just got done with my first viewing of Infinity war...

I need some time to think...I didn’t think they would do it..I knew they would but a part of me was like nah...but they did it

**** bruh I cant wait till my second viewing later tonight

The disrespect to Bruce Banner in this film is on another level. A very long way from that conflicted scientist in A1. He wasn’t even this much of a comic relief in Ragnarok.

was trying to just hold off on my opinion/review

hate to say it but i am veering more towards lamekilla on this one

it doesn't crack my top 3 mcu, maybe not even top 5 in overall story/cbm for me

fan service all over the place in this and in that regard you could say it's the best cbm

i loved this film though, i can a be simple guy, it doesn't have to be the greatest for me to love it and seeing what i could only dream off on the big screen made me a little kid again

but we've been spoiled and this movie just was very good but not great

See as big as a Marvel comic fan I am, I’m not a slave to source material. I’m completely ok with liberties if they make sense for the narrative. There’s just too many questionable things that are conformed to cater to Thanos’ narrative which is a misunderstood hero. His quest for balance is told off as an obsession yet briefly glossed over in a 2 minute conversation about how finite resources destroyed his home world but with no real exposè as to how that came about to allow you to truly understand why he’s so hellbent. Why do you go that left from a character’s original backstory and then not even give conviction to your new direction? Like c’mon.

In general, I think one of Marvel's rare missteps is how they handled the whole Thanos situation prior to Infinity War.

So much so that the Russos had to placate people by telling them that "Thanos' motivations and back story will be explored in IW. He will be fully fleshed-out, etc."

I still think they should have went with his obsession with Death and his need to have her love him back.

I loved the movie. Need to watch it again.
For a long movie, I didnt experience any drag.
And a handful of moments where I honestly geeked out.

Next year cant come soon enough.

The disrespect to Bruce Banner in this film is on another level. A very long way from that conflicted scientist in A1. He wasn’t even this much of a comic relief in Ragnarok.
At least they didn’t re-hook him up with Widow. Thank goodness

i’d have rather they killed off Rhodey than BP, but I guess they gotta hit audiences hard with the feels. Had people straight yelling NO when certain people started dying

to be honest, okoye dying would have made more impact where people would have reacted like "noooo!!!" while BPs death was meant to make an impact but it just became a "wtf?!?!?!" moment

okoye dying meant she might not return and that has impact, a consequence but BP dying and knowing he's coming back just removes that emotion because rationality kicks in and you just know dude isn't going to be dead for too long

Ehhhh the movie definitely has its faults but I still put it as the best. You can nit pick the bad things about the movie as much as you want, the questionable things doesn't outweigh all of the good imo. Of course it's gonna leave us with questions being that its part one of a two part movie (regardless of the marketing). Being that it isnt a 3 year wait

Dog, what are you saying? They were in hiding cause there was no one to challenge Hela. The whole plot of Ragnarok was Thor getting back to Asgard to prevent Ragnarok. We spent essentially a whole film with Thor on a planet trying to figure out how to get back when Heimdall could’ve brought him back apparently whenever. Clearly the Russo’s don’t respect Ragnarok. No explanation for Valkyrie, no explanation on how Thanos and the Black Order got on the ship and what they did to have all the Asgardians dead and Thor already folded up, Heimdall using Bifrost powers that nullify all of Thor Ragnarok and they even gave Thor his eye back. Talk to me fam.

And if Heimdal couldve brought him back "essentially" whenever, he wouldve gotten washed again. Remember Heimdall didn't even know where Thor was to even warn him. The purpose of Thor being on Sakaar was for his development to not rely on the hammer.

Do you not remember the post credit scene after Ragnarok when Thanos ship comes into view? lol that explains how Thanos got there. Sometimes you dont need a full blown explanation of EVERY little detail. Like did we really need to see Thanos merking Zandar? Nope

I agree on where was Korg/Valkyrie, maybe they tie it up maybe they dont.

Reactions: Ube
In general, I think one of Marvel's rare missteps is how they handled the whole Thanos situation prior to Infinity War.

So much so that the Russos had to placate people by telling them that "Thanos' motivations and back story will be explored in IW. He will be fully fleshed-out, etc."

I still think they should have went with his obsession with Death and his need to have her love him back.
Nah I wouldn't change a single thing about Thanos

to be honest, okoye dying would have made more impact where people would have reacted like "noooo!!!" while BPs death was meant to make an impact but it just became a "wtf?!?!?!" moment

okoye dying meant she might not return and that has impact, a consequence but BP dying and knowing he's coming back just removes that emotion because rationality kicks in and you just know dude isn't going to be dead for too long

Interesting way to look at it but in the theater I just got out off there where audible no’s and tears when he went. Even though we all know he will come back they got the reaction they getting the reaction they wanted (based off the small sample size of my first viewing lol)

Back
Top Bottom