WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

This and that convo with Zemo at the end were dope! Chadwick out here making me proud! Way back when we first found out they were doing a Black Panther film, I said Chadwick would be a good cast. Most said Chiwetel or Maurice Chestnut and even Idris, but after seeing 42 so many times, I knew Chad would put in work as BP.

I also said Wentworth Miller as Doom or Mr. Sinister would be good, also, Scott Eastwood as the next Wolverine (purely for the look).

Scott Eastwood would be a dog *** Logan. Perfect look imo.

upload_2018-2-21_16-33-38.png

Just noticing this today, how in the hell a comic book movie make me feel so extra proud to be black. Jesus lord

School me brodie.

No shade, just curious, but what'd made him the hottest actor in hollywood? Or what brought about such buzz for him? He didn't get much screen time and then his speaking roles were mostly comic relief.

So just wondering?

Br, have you not seen his reviews? this was his FIRST feature film and it happened to be in the 4th Highest grossing movie after its first weekend of all time. I cant go on FB without some random article from EW, Times Magazine, or some big publication talking about him.

You can talk about Chadwick Boseman, Lupita, or Danie Guerra, but they are all well established stars. This is his first movie

I just never got the notion where people would say “I wanna see the movie cause its white, or black, or whatever”.

Taking BP for instance, did people wanna see its a “black movie” or cause its Marvel?

I just never got the notion where people would say “I wanna see the movie cause its white, or black, or whatever”.

Taking BP for instance, did people wanna see its a “black movie” or cause its Marvel?
Mixture of both for me. A lot of people that never saw a marvel movie went to see this though, because it's a black movie. Never heard of anyone saying they were going to see a movie because it was white though. That's just going to see a movie, they're all white. That's why people were excited to see a movie that was predominantly black and that's fine.

Mixture of both for me. A lot of people that never saw a marvel movie went to see this though, because it's a black movie. Never heard of anyone saying they were going to see a movie because it was white though. That's just going to see a movie, they're all white. That's why people were excited to see a movie that was predominantly black and that's fine.

I think a good portion of the extra revenue and strong opening weekend was because it is a movie where the actors are black, top tier black actors at that. Also, because of the deep cultural roots, set design and message that is embedded in it gives another demographic a reason to see it as well. CBM fans were going to see this regardless of the premise or cast. I was one of them. It's another big stepping stone to the IW.

In the U.S., 37% of the movie’s overall audience was African-American, which is well above the norm as the average movie audience is about 15% African-American, according to box office tracking company ComScore. White moviegoers made up just 35% of Black Panther‘s audience over its opening weekend.

Meanwhile, a higher percentage of women also showed up for Black Panther‘s opening weekend. Women represented 45% of the movie’s audience, which is less than the average moviegoing population but more than the typical female turnout for a superhero movie. The average superhero movie (many of which are led by mostly male characters) draws a 62% male audience, though Black Panther and last year’s Wonder Woman have bucked that trend.

Scott Eastwood would be a dog *** Logan. Perfect look imo.

School me brodie.

The Red, Black, and Green flag is the Pan-African flag that Marcus Garvey (in my humble opinion the most influential black man in modern times) created and its commonly used to represent blackness worldwide.

I never understood why y'all care so much about box office numbers. All i need to know is if it made enough for a sequel. Which h is basically covering what it took to make with a bonus

I find this convo about Killmonger not being dead fascinating. As much as I loved MBJ in the role, it would be disingenuous to his character to bring him back to life. Dude was on a warpath and no amount of reasoning could deter him from that. IMO that's what made him such a memorable villian. The fact that his actions was backed up by sound logic. Although extreme, I completely felt as an african american his viewpoint. I even sympathized with him. With such extreme stances there were only 2 possible outcomes: either he dies or T'challa dies. Same as with Batman and the Joker in TDK. " this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object ".

I never understood why y'all care so much about box office numbers. All i need to know is if it made enough for a sequel. Which h is basically covering what it took to make with a bonus
You know whether something gets a sequel depends on box office numbers though right

And box office numbers affect budget for future sequels.

Guess what happens if no one came out to see Deadpool 1

BvS was supposed to be MoS 2, guess why they decided to add batman to the mix?

Box office affects everything.

Etc etc

You know whether something gets a sequel depends on box office numbers though right
And box office numbers affect budget for future sequels.
Guess what happens if no one came out to see Deadpool 1
Etc etc
Did you not read the part where I said all I care is if it makes it's numbers for a sequel?

the everyday squabble about will it beat IW, and it made this much and that much,....blah blah blah... can I get a sequel, can stars be born, all I want to know.

Lol in the end of all day they expect a certain amount of money for thwie efforts. If they don't make expectations guess what maybe they don't try as hard next time

Maybe they will cut something. Cut someone. Maybe they will take shortcuts idk

These studios aren't in the business of making enough to just turn a profit.

Basically I don't want to just see sequels I want to see sequels done as best as they could be done.

Profits dictate so much. Guess which solo character is going to take priority next phase lol

Last edited:
deleted scene info.

“So in the film it is more than hinted at that they’re a couple, but there is a scene directly after Killmonger takes the throne where you hear both characters articulate their point of view as to why they should or shouldn’t follow this man and it’s one of the most well-acted scenes I’ve ever been a part of.

Unfortunately, it occurred at a point in the movie where audiences just wanted to get to the resolution and so it slowed down a part of the movie and we were afraid audiences were checking out. We were also afraid if we took it out we’re going to ruin this movie—‘guys we’re going to ruin this movie; let’s not take it out.’ We didn’t take it out for three or four screenings and we finally took it out and I think Ryan and I were probably the last men on that beach saying don’t take it out.”

I mean, look at spiderman. Clear case of just making a profit isn't enough. Technically it made a profit throughout all its movies but the studio can see that there were diminishing returns. Guess what happened. Sony cut a deal with marvel. Maybe that doesn't happen if Sony made the kind of money that it wanted.

MoS 1 cut a profit but just barely. So instead of making MoS 2 they added batman and made BvS.

Fox keeps all of their budgets for their films low and focus on story because they can't make the kind of money a high cgi film requires.

Etc etc

Back
Top Bottom