WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

"it’s definitely a new take on the character. In the Comic-Con footage, the character has ratty hair, glasses, and looks like a typical movie nerd."

Black, white or blue I'm not interested in MJ being his nerdy soulmate

In other Spider-Man news this has been floating around

CqL7-m1WcAAToMs.jpg

Last edited:
Well Zendaya is already better than Kristen Dunst & Shaleine Woodley :smokin
FACTS.

I can guess why ppl say this is forced but I really don't give a **** about MJ or the HS cast.

Makes sense in one way cuz they could not follow up with a new Gwen after Emma's Gwen. That would be too soon.

Garfield / Stone as Peter / Gwen was perfect chemistry, right up there with Willshot / Margot

Can't believe they almost went through with Woodley as MJ

For like 20 years she was his 2nd love and wife. A good deal of fans are specifically just fans of the marriage for some reason. I guess cuz they feel they free up with Peter and marriage was a logical.progression in his story.

She's some times ride or die. Naturally there have been stories where the relationship is written like a real marriage with ups and downs. I think the main problem in the comics is how the marriage ended (deal with a demon to save Aunt May's life).

Outside of that it's the natural thing, post college they get married. He's struggling with work and being a hated hero. She's a super model/actress, struggles with smoking, being alone, every now and then plays the damsel in distress in place of Aunt May, later on she becomes a stronger character cuz she's learned from this stuff and isn't easily used as a helpless hostage.

I'm particularly not fond of the marriage so maybe I'm not the best to ask (although I feel MJ is one of Marvel's best and most popular female characters). I feel like outside of her looks we pretty much got the grown MJ at her best with Dunst. The HS environment is mostly new material unless it's using ultimate Spidey comics as a reference and to me that didn't really display some great love story.

Last edited:
MJ is the GOAT comic book girlfriend.

When she was first introduced int he 60s stories she offered the introverted Peter a completely different perspective on life with her talkativeness, her active personality, etc. She was basically an extrovert herself and her and Peter's energy in my mind, when written properly, create a fantastically believable and endearing relationship.

I don't care about the marriage

Zendaya actually fits the model I always imagined for MJ.

Out of Peter's league. Emphasis on the out of Peter's league part. Tall and you can buy her as an aspiring actress or model.

The downside is the height difference. Tom Holland is super short. They going to have to exploit every angle trick in the book to make them look similar in size lmao. This is going to be worse than when they tried to make dude who played Peeta look like Jennifer Lawrence's height lmao.

Last edited:
To avoid immediate backlash for race changing her.

People complained like ******* over Electro, Heimdall, and the Human Torch.

Last edited:
Damn, I really wanted one of Peter's other love interests to get some spotlight this time around. Oh well.

@Master Zik

What's the deal with MJ in comic lore? Is she Peter's ultimate ride-or-die chick? Why is there so much hype around her and is it warranted?

Mary Jane Watson is Spider-Man's version of Lois Lane.

I just dunno how they're going to make any kind of romance believable. Not because of race but IRL Zendaya is just super out of Tom's league. Lol

That height difference is od.

Last edited:
I just dunno how they're going to make any kind of romance believable. Not because of race but IRL Zendaya is just super out of Tom's league. Lol

zendaya is pretty in the face but her body is that of a 12 year old boy

it can equal out if you dress her down

now if they had casted that walking beanpole asa butterfield then it would be hard to believe

I don't necessarily think it's that big of a deal, seeing as Peter Parker has always started out as something of the school loser/nerd, yet still ended up with Mary Jane anyways, who at her peak is a popular model.

Damn, I really wanted one of Peter's other love interests to get some spotlight this time around. Oh well.
Word. I knew they probably wouldn't do the slightly older Betty Brant but even though it's HS show some love to that book worm Debra Whitman.

When in costume it'll hardly be noticeable.

When regular she's suppose to look out of his league. Height difference may help that.

1:16:05 - 1:18:05 ... :lol:  
Umberto :rofl:

Last edited:

Eh, she's aight. Besides her being taller I wouldn't think it was weird if I saw them as a couple.

Zendaya actually fits the model I always imagined for MJ.

Out of Peter's league. Emphasis on the out of Peter's league part. Tall and you can buy her as an aspiring actress or model.
but from what they've shown at comic con, Michelle (MJ, I guess) is also a nerdy book worm

That's the biggest "huh?" In this whole thing for me lol

Back
Top Bottom