WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

This weekend’s domestic drop will determine everything truthfully. That first week to second week drop was instrumental in it cracking anything over 1.7 bil. It opened about 8 mil bigger than TFA but made about 30 mil less than TFA in its second week and TFA didn’t have the competition on its heels as IW. It did 1.1 international and 936 Domestic for a 2 billi gross. IW would literally have to replicate that trend for trend and off its 2nd weekend it fell off track. I’m having a hard time seeing IW doing 650 Domestic let alone the 900+ TFA did. The international numbers can be similar but again everything is predicated on China. If china needs to do 250+ mil for the film to surpass A1 and Jurassic world. It did that with AoU but this film isn’t as enjoyable imo. China should’ve eaten Civil War up with Spider-Man and Iron man at the forefront but even that film did 180 mil and it’s due to the back to back release of AoU and CW. Very similar to the domestic box office trend.

i know it's your opinion/feeling that it's not enjoyable but you have remove it from the analysis just because that's subjective

IW is non-stop action from beginning to end similar to how they've embraced Transformers and F&F films, they'll embrace this from that aspect alone so I think this film has a leg up on prior avengers.marvel films

you also got to remember that CW was still titled Captain America (i remember that it was changed in other countries or i might be thinking of another film?) and that along with it not being called Avengers might have swayed some people away but it still made $180m in the end

as for domestic numbers, i don't know, it's gon' be tough to reach $900m but they may not have to, it might just have to beat BP? i know times are different but Avanatr only got to $760m and international carried the rest so we'll see how that goes, i do think this might have more impact outside the US

I’m predicting anywhere from a $175-$190 opening for China but they are brutal with second week and progressive drops. Homecoming was probably the model MCU film for that.

i actually don't think homecoming is a good indication for MCU, again try and be subjective of your love from it but that barely made $115m in China and the whole franchise only made $880m which was good but it was probably a disappointment to some considering it's MCU Spidey

I don't understand why you would base any Avengers trajectory on Homecoming. Comparing apples and oranges.

IW won't have to do 900 domestic..

I think 7/1.3 split is in play here

Also let us not get distracted from the fact that a couple of days ago lame said IW would be lucky to do 1.6

Last edited:
RDJ apparently made $10m for his 8min screentime in Homecoming, can't even imagine how much he'd getting for IW and A4

sal.png

and Batista might be in the biggest movie of the year/ever but he ain't seeing the same $$$ as Rocky, dude is getting paid through his social media

And there are other ways to goose a pay package. Want access to Johnson’s 104 million Instagram followers? It’s going to cost you. The “Rampage” star is asking for a $1 million social-media fee as part of his package for the upcoming “Red Notice”; that includes promoting the film on the likes of Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited:
RDJ apparently made $10m for his 8min screentime in Homecoming, can't even imagine how much he'd getting for IW and A4

sal.png

and Batista might be in the biggest movie of the year/ever but he ain't seeing the same $$$ as Rocky, dude is getting paid through his social media

My guy made 10 million for basically a damn near post credit worthy scene :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Surprised Craig would get that much for Bond, which won't do nearly the numbers some of these other films will do.

And when they recast him, that actor will get much less, and the movie will do just as well really. :lol:

Surprised Craig would get that much for Bond, which won't do nearly the numbers some of these other films will do.

And when they recast him, that actor will get much less, and the movie will do just as well really. :lol:

had to pay craig that much to come back, not sure if he signed on for 1 or 2 more bond films

yah Craig got paid to return, he played the "i hate to play bond again" card well

but i do believe he signed for two films but the $25m is probably for one

to be fair SPectre made close to $900m and Skyfall made $1.1b and a lot of that are due to his portrayal of Bond

yah Craig got paid to return, he played the "i hate to play bond again" card well

but i do believe he signed for two films but the $25m is probably for one

to be fair SPectre made close to $900m and Skyfall made $1.1b and a lot of that are due to his portrayal of Bond

yea.. everyone involved with spectre phoned that shhh in, well maybe not everyone.. but everyone important enough

rockys blockbuster king for a couple of years, many may hate his movies but he put life back to F&F franchise and Jumanji got close to making a $1b (a movie many already hated for being rebooted/remade/sequeled)

and yeah studios value social media and Rockys smart enough to be all over it, dude promotes the hell out of his films and execs love that

Back
Top Bottom