WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Endgame has been out for 4 weeks and it's number 2 behind Avatar. I'm sure it'll pass Avatar by mid-late June.

And Joost being the Weekend Update host / head writer of SNL means he's going to have his own late night show eventually. Look at Jimmy Fallon: dude was NEVER funny and yet he's now doing the Late Night show.

Marvel (Disney, really) has an embarrassment of riches. X-Men and F4 are basically "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" buttons at this point. Ala Kevin Durant,, they doing just fine without him.

Then again with RDJ and Evans retiring..

kinda off topic but i dont think people realize how stacked disney is at this point. they hold all the cards. due to all of their acquisitions, their 2019 looks like

Captain Marvel
Endgame
Dumbo
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
The lion king
Artemis Fowl
FROZEN 2
Star wars 9

AND

disney+ service launches
not to mention the anticipated streaming shows theyre launching for marvel....

disney about to have the craziest year for any entertainment company ever.

People realized that for a while.
think outside the thread. a lot of people dont even know about the fox acquisition or the hulu ownership etc etc. people in here are still confused about who owns what property when it comes to some marvel characters. its just crazy to see that list... then imagine the merchandise sales. frozen alone man smh

^^^
That and they just took control of Hulu. RDJ was an established actor but on the rebound when he started playing Tony, while Chris Evans got work in teen movies and also played another Marvel superhero that a lot of casual fans probably don't even realize he played. By no means am I saying Disney made RDJ or Chris Evans' careers but damn they took it next level.

Disney is in a crazy zone right now, one that leads them to be confident enough to contirnue taking risks like dropping $300 million on the live action Mulan movie coming out next year. Like many have stated in this thread, if they could make Guardians of the Galaxy relevant who knows what they could do with other Marvel properties especially with their own dedicated streaming platforms.

^^^
That and they just took control of Hulu. RDJ was an established actor but on the rebound when he started playing Tony, while Chris Evans got work in teen movies and also played another Marvel superhero that a lot of casual fans probably don't even realize he played. By no means am I saying Disney made RDJ or Chris Evans' careers but damn they took it next level.

Disney is in a crazy zone right now, one that leads them to be confident enough to contirnue taking risks like dropping $300 million on the live action Mulan movie coming out next year. Like many have stated in this thread, if they could make Guardians of the Galaxy relevant who knows what they could do with other Marvel properties especially with their own dedicated streaming platforms.
Speaking on Mulan, CGI de aging with Ming-Na Wen playing Mulan would be lit

To much build up, also character arcs/movies are every 2.5 years. You need to get new characters in place, no reason to rush things. If you want either XMen or FF4 in the movie the soonest that movie comes out is 2021. Also after the first introduction to a character it took 4 years for first Avengers movie, with everyone after that taking 3 years.

After this movie you have to start back at square one and do introductions all over again for new characters.

Speaking of Frozen,, they rode that wave for 6 years until they dropped Frozen 2.

Whereas most studios would have pumped out a sequel to the highest grossing animated movie ever after a year or two,, Disney was like "Nah, we good."

That's how massive they are -- setting aside Marvel, Fox, Pixar, Star Wars properties

Speaking of Frozen,, they rode that wave for 6 years until they dropped Frozen 2.

Whereas most studios would have pumped out a sequel to the highest grossing animated movie ever after a year or two,, Disney was like "Nah, we good."

That's how massive they are -- setting aside Marvel, Fox, Pixar, Star Wars properties

I agree. I still got young relatives on that after the first one came out. It's definitely a staple for the youngins :lol:

think outside the thread. a lot of people dont even know about the fox acquisition or the hulu ownership etc etc. people in here are still confused about who owns what property when it comes to some marvel characters. its just crazy to see that list... then imagine the merchandise sales. frozen alone man smh

That’s true I had a friend of mine post forget endgame and the mcu , x-men > :lol: I said what are you going to do when those x-men mcu movies come out? She said that won’t happen :lol: I said you better read a newspaper

Dude most be packing 12 inches. The absolute only way
just-saying-gif-10.gif

Not sure what to expect from the Black Widow movie other than to expand the MCU someway with characters we haven't seen yet.

To much build up, also character arcs/movies are every 2.5 years. You need to get new characters in place, no reason to rush things. If you want either XMen or FF4 in the movie the soonest that movie comes out is 2021. Also after the first introduction to a character it took 4 years for first Avengers movie, with everyone after that taking 3 years.

After this movie you have to start back at square one and do introductions all over again for new characters.
Phase 1 was very slow. 4 years. 6 movies. Marvel looks set to do 3 movies per from now on. Only reason why it's only 2 in 2020 was cuz GotG vol 3 got delayed (because of James gunn controversy)

If they introduce xmen in phase 5, that's still plenty of time, with ten years still being lots of times to do secret war

Last edited:
Phase 1 was very slow. 5 years. 6 movies. Marvel looks set to do 3 movies per from now on. Only reason why it's only 2 in 2020 was cuz GotG vol 3 got delayed (because of James gunn controversy)
To be far phase 1 was being made without knowing what would really happen. Once they gained traction and the movie was legit they started to make moves

To be far phase 1 was being made without knowing what would really happen. Once they gained traction and the movie was legit they started to make moves
That's part of my point though..They got to endgame in 11 years after taking 4 years to get to A1.

This time around they're going to be so fast that 10 years is plenty of time to get to secret wars.

That's part of my point though..They got to endgame in 11 years after taking 4 years to get to A1.

This time around they're going to be so fast that 10 years is plenty of time to get to secret wars.
Hmmm, yeah kinda. I just think that can’t be replicated. The feels I’m saying. Like we all lost our virginity together in the same room. Ain’t the same

A1 was popping our collective cherries.. when this hit:

78hsj2rgko321.gif

this was me:

giphy.gif

i mean arguments could be made our cherries really got popped when this hit:

Ironman-MK-III.gif

Speaking of the Black Widow movie,, apparently some scenes are going to be shot in Hungary which got people speculating they'll reveal what happened in Budapest.

Kinda wish they'd leave that up to the imagination to the viewer though.

I just realized too that BW=Solo by delving into an already-dead character's backstory.
Nobody cares about Budapest. That just means Hawkeye is in it.

Lets not make the BW movie dead on arrival.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom