WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I thought w/ Agatha’s comment and then the
Dr. Strange theme coming through in the post-credits scene that Wanda will actually be the primary antagonist of DS2. Agatha’s comment pitted Strange’s authority/power against that of the Scarlett Witch. We gonna see who comes out on top. Subplot will be seeking out the children from the Void.

Another telling bit was Agatha’s comment, accusing Wanda of not being sorry - “No you’re not. You’re cruel.”

Wanda just smirks.

We got ourselves an MCU anti-hero, ladies and gentlemen.

So Paul Bethany trolled us with a special cameo appearance

PRI_181432189_1612356492.jpg

“Luke Skywalker Cameo” :lol:

Finale was ehhh. I did enVISION both Visions fusing somehow. But I was hoping for a big cameo. I saw someone on YouTube mention a possible Skrull appearance, which made sense to me, so I wasn’t surprised there. But I was really hoping for a big character reveal. Using Fox Pietro was a bit too cockteasy. I was hoping for some hint towards Fantastic Four or X-Men, even if it was brief.

Townspeople recognizing their abuse and just staring Wanda down was eerie. Laying groundwork for mass population distrusting...

... mutants?

I realize a self-quote is low brow, but MCU has already proven it takes real-world fallout into consideration (i.e. Sokovia Accords, humanity response to the Blip/Snap, etc).

The world just watched an Avenger make a whole town her plaything just because. Not going to go over well in the public arena.

Don’t think we can consider Wanda a “hero” at this point. More of just an entity.

I realize a self-quote is low brow, but MCU has already proven it takes real-world fallout into consideration (i.e. Sokovia Accords, humanity response to the Blip/Snap, etc).

The world just watched an Avenger make a whole town her plaything just because. Not going to go over well in the public arena.

Don’t think we can consider Wanda a “hero” at this point. More of just an entity.

She won’t be considered a Hero, but she is still one, she ended with an understanding that she has this power now and has to seclude herself till she understand it, they basically gave her a Norton Hulk ending, it was perfect tbh.

White Vision
To pop up next in Armor Wars? Seems he’s more like a freshly rebooted Jarvis right now than Wanda’s Vision. Even with his memories now unlocked or recently-uploaded, he’s not going to be the same character. I get the impression it may be more like seeing an ex- after a breakup - the mutual memories will all still be there, but there won’t be any of the accompanying emotion behind it.

Which makes me rather melancholy, right now tbh

He was just a robot mimicking human emotions anyway. Don't be easily duped by an accent and some dime store philosophy.

Got more questions than answers at this point

-still don’t know the missing person Woo was looking for
-where’s Darcy, didn’t even see them thangs all episode
-White Vision is still out there (that’s kinda who I thought was gonna pop up in the EC scene)

however i did like the Easter eggs thrown in
-Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch when Wanda threw the car at Agatha
-Little Red Ridding Hood at the end when Wanda took off

Back
Top Bottom