Marvel or DC

my friends and I argued about this yesterday.
I personally think marvel takes both ways

I hope I dont thread jack but we argued about who would win if certain avenger characters went 1v1 against some justice leaguers

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
black panther vs martian man hunter
captain america vs green lantern
ant man vs aqua man

Im curious what some NTers think about these matchups

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

DC films only got the recent Batman series to their name to claim superiority. Every Superman film except for the first with Reeves sucks imo. DC animated film is definitely killing Marvel though.
DC includes V for Vendetta and Watchmen though, Red was pretty good and Constantine was decent. And outside of the Superman and Batman franchises, that is pretty much all the movies DC does.
To me, DC has the best comic book film while Marvel has the worst but Marvel does have a lot of good movies too though.
Well I was thinking in the scope of comics to film unless V for Vendetta was a comic and I didn't know it. Watchmen movie was good but the comic movie was better since it stuck to canonical facts.

I would say to you about something you mentioned earlier about Marvel films forcing directors to throw in a lot of product placement. That's not necessarily Marvel studios fault. Marvel doesn't own the rights to all of their marquee names yet. So a director dipping on the Spider-Man/Wolverine/X-Men film shares blame with Sony and Fox I would think.
Originally Posted by theone218

I hope I dont thread jack but we argued about who would win if certain avenger characters went 1v1 against some justice leaguers

hawkeye vs green arrow - This a wash
laugh.gif
I won't pretend like I'm fans of either but they both seem equal.
wasp vs wonder woman -Wonder woman got this.
iron man vs batman - As always depends if Bats is preparing for this fight or not. If he prepares he probably wins. Spur of the moment Tony breaks a few of his bones and forces him to flee
thor vs superman - Superman of New-Earth(mainstream Supes) wins. I'm pretty sure he can wield Mjolinr too
laugh.gif

hulk vs flash - R.I.P. Flash unless he vibrates his arm through Hulks chest and rips out his heart which I doubt he would. I mean I'm assuming since these are heroes they're not fighting to the death.
black panther vs martian man hunter - Why is T'Challa fighting J'onzz? Dude is gonna just invade his mind and defeat him.
captain america vs green lantern - This is a bit unfair too. Stewart/Jordan/Rayner would subdue Cap.
ant man vs aqua man - Aqua Man gets crushed. A bit unfair too but I guess depends if they're near water.

DC films only got the recent Batman series to their name to claim superiority. Every Superman film except for the first with Reeves sucks imo. DC animated film is definitely killing Marvel though.
DC includes V for Vendetta and Watchmen though, Red was pretty good and Constantine was decent. And outside of the Superman and Batman franchises, that is pretty much all the movies DC does.
To me, DC has the best comic book film while Marvel has the worst but Marvel does have a lot of good movies too though.
Well I was thinking in the scope of comics to film unless V for Vendetta was a comic and I didn't know it. Watchmen movie was good but the comic movie was better since it stuck to canonical facts.

I would say to you about something you mentioned earlier about Marvel films forcing directors to throw in a lot of product placement. That's not necessarily Marvel studios fault. Marvel doesn't own the rights to all of their marquee names yet. So a director dipping on the Spider-Man/Wolverine/X-Men film shares blame with Sony and Fox I would think.

hawkeye vs green arrow - This a wash
laugh.gif
I won't pretend like I'm fans of either but they both seem equal.
wasp vs wonder woman -Wonder woman got this.
iron man vs batman - As always depends if Bats is preparing for this fight or not. If he prepares he probably wins. Spur of the moment Tony breaks a few of his bones and forces him to flee
thor vs superman - Superman of New-Earth(mainstream Supes) wins. I'm pretty sure he can wield Mjolinr too
laugh.gif

hulk vs flash - R.I.P. Flash unless he vibrates his arm through Hulks chest and rips out his heart which I doubt he would. I mean I'm assuming since these are heroes they're not fighting to the death.
black panther vs martian man hunter - Why is T'Challa fighting J'onzz? Dude is gonna just invade his mind and defeat him.
captain america vs green lantern - This is a bit unfair too. Stewart/Jordan/Rayner would subdue Cap.
ant man vs aqua man - Aqua Man gets crushed. A bit unfair too but I guess depends if they're near water.

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man
vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk
vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

I have no idea who Green Arrow is, I like the Iron Man character in games more than Batman, and Ant Man & Aqua Man are
joke characters to me.

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man
vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk
vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

I have no idea who Green Arrow is, I like the Iron Man character in games more than Batman, and Ant Man & Aqua Man are
joke characters to me.

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 
Wasp would be annihilated

Stark industries buys-out Wayne Enterprises.. 

Thor in a brutally close one... but...he's a god

Hulk... you serious? Unless the flash uses all that speed to escape..
laugh.gif

The Martian...  he's..the martian
grin.gif

ANY lantern > Cap, and I really like the Cap
grin.gif

brains > fish braun

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

brains > fish braun

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

brains > fish braun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

brains > fish braun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yah V for Vendetta is a graphic novel from Vertigo which is owned by DC Comics.

As for the movies not being owned by Marvel, maybe that's exactly the problem, they sold their rights to make money so if Sony floods the SpiderMan movie with their products, then yeah it is Marvels fault. I am pretty sure DC Comics has had many offers to make a Flash, WW, etc... movies but they do not just let it go out there for a few bucks. All I know is Favreau admitted to Marvel interfering with the first 2 IM movies and that is exactly why he isn't doing the Avengers or IM3 movie. They really did just get lucky with the first film, Jeff Bridges' interview  where he said they were winging it for the most part was pure luck that they nailed it. Then the Aronofsky incident, it's really sad because you know that would have redeemed the first film. And yeah, they forced a butchered Baraka Deadpool and crappy Gambit to be in the film to get more audience.

Yah V for Vendetta is a graphic novel from Vertigo which is owned by DC Comics.

As for the movies not being owned by Marvel, maybe that's exactly the problem, they sold their rights to make money so if Sony floods the SpiderMan movie with their products, then yeah it is Marvels fault. I am pretty sure DC Comics has had many offers to make a Flash, WW, etc... movies but they do not just let it go out there for a few bucks. All I know is Favreau admitted to Marvel interfering with the first 2 IM movies and that is exactly why he isn't doing the Avengers or IM3 movie. They really did just get lucky with the first film, Jeff Bridges' interview  where he said they were winging it for the most part was pure luck that they nailed it. Then the Aronofsky incident, it's really sad because you know that would have redeemed the first film. And yeah, they forced a butchered Baraka Deadpool and crappy Gambit to be in the film to get more audience.

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Some of those battles seems unfair.
Wasp vs. WW?
laugh.gif

It should be:
Batman vs. Capt. America
Iron Man vs. GL
Flash vs. Quiksilver
WW vs. Ms. Marvel
Martian Manhunter vs. Vision
Hawkman vs. Black Panther

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Wasp vs. WW?
laugh.gif

It should be:
Batman vs. Capt. America
Iron Man vs. GL
Flash vs. Quiksilver
WW vs. Ms. Marvel

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Wasp vs. WW?
laugh.gif

It should be:
Batman vs. Capt. America
Iron Man vs. GL
Flash vs. Quiksilver
WW vs. Ms. Marvel
Some of those battling parings
laugh.gif

But there a DC vs Marvel series put out

The Dark Claw
pimp.gif

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Wasp vs. WW?
laugh.gif

It should be:
Batman vs. Capt. America
Iron Man vs. GL
Flash vs. Quiksilver
WW vs. Ms. Marvel
Some of those battling parings
laugh.gif

But there a DC vs Marvel series put out

The Dark Claw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

brains > fish braun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hey im goin with Flash in that matchup 
pimp.gif

and taken from WIZARDS top 10 super heroes and villians "VS. HULK: The Flash would just vibrate through the Hulk and , ewww, make him explode"

Flash takes that match easy before Hulk even realizes that there fighting 
glasses.gif

yall underestimate my man to much even Wizard (the main superhero magazine) says the only none god level super heroes or villains (think infinty gauntlet Thanos etc) that stand a chance against Flash are Wonder Women, Super Man, Thor, and Silver Surfer

Originally Posted by Peep Game

hawkeye vs green arrow
wasp vs wonder woman
iron man vs batman
thor vs superman
hulk vs flash
ant man vs aqua man

Ollie don't want it.. 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

brains > fish braun
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hey im goin with Flash in that matchup 
pimp.gif

and taken from WIZARDS top 10 super heroes and villians "VS. HULK: The Flash would just vibrate through the Hulk and , ewww, make him explode"

Flash takes that match easy before Hulk even realizes that there fighting 
glasses.gif

yall underestimate my man to much even Wizard (the main superhero magazine) says the only none god level super heroes or villains (think infinty gauntlet Thanos etc) that stand a chance against Flash are Wonder Women, Super Man, Thor, and Silver Surfer

Back
Top Bottom