Marvin Gaye's "I Want You" Appreciation

gaye_marvin_iwantyou~_101b.jpg

Such as soulful album. The cuts on this masterpiece just make you
eek.gif
�He wrote it as his marriage was falling apart and he had picked up a mistress. You actually notice him use the mistress's name in some of the songs
laugh.gif

Most people know the genius of the title track "I Want You" & probably remember the sample of "Soon I'll Be Loving You Again" from "American Dreamin'" on American Gangster.

But I think the track "All The Way Around" is the BEST track on a wonderfully put together concept album, which ended up being true.

gaye_marvin_iwantyou~_101b.jpg

Such as soulful album. The cuts on this masterpiece just make you
eek.gif
�He wrote it as his marriage was falling apart and he had picked up a mistress. You actually notice him use the mistress's name in some of the songs
laugh.gif

Most people know the genius of the title track "I Want You" & probably remember the sample of "Soon I'll Be Loving You Again" from "American Dreamin'" on American Gangster.

But I think the track "All The Way Around" is the BEST track on a wonderfully put together concept album, which ended up being true.

"What you talkin bout man? Music is all entertainment. You're not supposed to talk about real !%$$ on records...nobody has time for that no more. That !%$$ don't sell anyway. Get money N'!
pimp.gif
" - Everyday music listener in 2010

(If only I could have lived during those days when R&B sounded like this
laugh.gif
. APPRECIATED)

"What you talkin bout man? Music is all entertainment. You're not supposed to talk about real !%$$ on records...nobody has time for that no more. That !%$$ don't sell anyway. Get money N'!
pimp.gif
" - Everyday music listener in 2010

(If only I could have lived during those days when R&B sounded like this
laugh.gif
. APPRECIATED)

It's kind of amazing how dumbed-down songwriting has come since these days

It's kind of amazing how dumbed-down songwriting has come since these days

"Juuussssstttt like I wannnnnntttt youuuuuu!!!" APPRECIATED!

But it's funny.....Soon I'll Be Loving You is extra explicit At least for the times.

"Juuussssstttt like I wannnnnntttt youuuuuu!!!" APPRECIATED!

But it's funny.....Soon I'll Be Loving You is extra explicit At least for the times.

Marvin is one of my top 5 favorite artists ever, grew up with my mom's blasting him in the car.

Here My Dear & What's Going on are my favorite Marvin albums, but this is a classic no doubt.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Marvin is one of my top 5 favorite artists ever, grew up with my mom's blasting him in the car.

Here My Dear & What's Going on are my favorite Marvin albums, but this is a classic no doubt.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

its crazy that the man put out a whole album talking about his mistress. Dude even called her by name on like two songs! this album + Here My Dear stay in rotation

its crazy that the man put out a whole album talking about his mistress. Dude even called her by name on like two songs! this album + Here My Dear stay in rotation

^ That was my reaction exactly when i saw this thread as the last one on the first page, caught me way off guard..

My pops actually was bumpin this in on the record player he has in the room for hours out the blue last week ..One of my favorite Marvin tracks
by far even though the whole album is
eek.gif
..But this is what R&B soul should be like, its what i grew up listening to around the house as a youngin (im only 19 btw)
but this just proves to you how music changes with the times and you could realy feel dude when he sang- it was so effortless..but thats enough
laugh.gif

Can someone help me embed? Thanks >>

Back
Top Bottom