Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

some of y’all getting worked up cause some statements sound stupid to you :lol: calm your nerves. sounding so defensive

i can respect @getback way of communicating. mature

I have a hard time to believe that his family or friends didn't see signs.

I hate how people come with the "well I get upset when I lose video games". As if shooting people while playing video games is some common occurrence. And he did it because he cared that much about a game. That's not the reason he brought a gun and shot 10+ people. If it wasn't the video game competition, it would have been a mall, a school, a movie theater.
People know what's going on with these shooters. Just in the last few years we've seen these killers identify with some WS gang or gun club but you never hear about law enforcement going after these groups. Meanwhile when black people do crime they change laws, go after anybody that's connected with that gang, stereotype anybody they think is connected to that gang.

that is toxic masculinity (entitlement and inability to take an L without resorting to anger).

So basically if you’re a male and you’re acting like a c-bomb you’re displaying toxic masculinity?

It’s no longer an individual being *** hole. Whether you intend to or not, with that term you are now linking half the human race to that type of behaviour.

That what has given rise to Male feminists/apologists... Dudes are trying to get off the sinking ship :lol:

But I guess we need labels and hashtags for everything these days so we can search for **** online...

Speaking of toxic masculinity and labels it’s wild that dudes are now identifying as Incels. Which I feel is directly linked to the emergence of terms like toxic masculinity.

I’m referring to the terminology of course.... The behaviours and psychology have been around for a long time.

if it ain’t guns

then mentally volatile people gonna use just about anything as a weapon. everyday regular normal things.

books, glass, metal pipes, chairs, sticks, utensils etc.

If they are really that deranged they will make it work to decimate someone to the point of real injury or death.

or they’ll fist fight.

Ahh man don’t do this. The difference between a gun and those items you listed...Jesus Christ

“We never knew” or “we didn’t see signs” is proof his family and friend neglected him. That’s the harsh reality. They helped make this happen

I’m skeptical of that, I’d say they’re covering his and/or they’re asses from public scrutiny or criminal investigation. “We didn’t see signs” “he was a good boy” meanwhile inside the home they had regular screaming matches or dude was angry all the time and they didn’t want to deal with him.

I’m skeptical of that, I’d say they’re covering his and/or they’re asses from public scrutiny or criminal investigation. “We didn’t see signs” “he was a good boy” meanwhile inside the home they had regular screaming matches or dude was angry all the time and they didn’t want to deal with him.
Absolutely 100% agreed. This trash does not come out overnight. His trash family made him that way. They’re enablers at the very least

I’m sure there’s been cases of families and friends wearing rose tinted glasses in the past but not all these dudes are killing neighbourhood cats and posting wild **** on social media on the run up.

Some of these dudes are making the leap from ‘a little weird’ to mass murderer in the blink of an eye.

what does it say that he thinks books are as dangerous as guns? :rofl:

he used a false equivalence. he stated the argument that people bent on destruction will use anything they can get their hands on to destroy. which is true. but the topic is currently focused on one tools capability for destructive output, namely guns ability to kill many in a short time... which none of the items mentioned can really do or match.

i dont like that argument. but i also dont like the "nobody needs guns" argument because again.... guns are the only things that get blamed for killing someone when used incorrectly. if someone is drunk driving nobody blames the liquor or the car. its the individual behind the wheel. if they die from lung cancer or second hand smoke or something... nobody says cigarettes need to be banned because of it, its the smokers fault. theres countless examples. guns are the only thing that when picked up and used by some ****head to commit a crime... the tool gets blamed before the user does. well... at least when the user doesn't come from an inner city. in that case, then its just typical black on black crime etc etc.

i think mass murders pull on the heart strings cuz they give you that "it couldve been me" feeling moreso than any other the other things killing us....even though the other things kill us at nearly 5x the rate. theres real fear around guns and each incident with one makes me jump up screaming "SEE! NOBODY NEEDS ONE!" but thats a horrible argument too.

the bottom line is, address the seething rage bubbling just under the surface with these outcasts. these people should have NO access to guns. but there are no tests that can predict the future behavior in an individual. and unfortunately many signs arent documented for fear of not being PC. so all of these things need to get rectified. but logically, i cannot say that an item needs to be banned if less than 1% of them are used to commit wrongful acts. that just makes no sense

So basically if you’re a male and you’re acting like a c-bomb you’re displaying toxic masculinity?

It’s no longer an individual being *** hole. Whether you intend to or not, with that term you are now linking half the human race to that type of behaviour.

That what has given rise to Male feminists/apologists... Dudes are trying to get off the sinking ship :lol:

But I guess we need labels and hashtags for everything these days so we can search for **** online...

Speaking of toxic masculinity and labels it’s wild that dudes are now identifying as Incels. Which I feel is directly linked to the emergence of terms like toxic masculinity.

I’m referring to the terminology of course.... The behaviours and psychology have been around for a long time.

Calling out toxic masculinity is not the same as saying all masculinity is bad...not sure why you're interpreting it that way

It's a lot like a white person taking personal offense to criticism of white supremacy

I’m sure there’s been cases of families and friends wearing rose tinted glasses in the past but not all these dudes are killing neighbourhood cats and posting wild **** on social media on the run up.

Some of these dudes are making the leap from ‘a little weird’ to mass murderer in the blink of an eye.

Calling out toxic masculinity is not the same as saying all masculinity is bad...not sure why you're interpreting it that way

It's a lot like a white person taking personal offense to criticism of white supremacy

It’s not the same thing but when we speak in general terms and are too quick to condemn people the lines can get blurred.

The brush stroke is too broad with Toxic masculinity imo...

You could shoot up a Madden tournament or say hello to a girl in the street and get accused of displaying toxic masculinity the same way.

giphy.gif

Toxic masculinity is shorthand for what is ultimately a more complex and nuanced topic spanning multiple concepts from psychiatry and psychology. NT and this thread is probably not the right forum for such a discussion.

Last edited:
People know what's going on with these shooters. Just in the last few years we've seen these killers identify with some WS gang or gun club but you never hear about law enforcement going after these groups. Meanwhile when black people do crime they change laws, go after anybody that's connected with that gang, stereotype anybody they think is connected to that gang.

This is all facts....but @deuce king you know what to do. I’ll get bro started....Nov 6th!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ombatting-white-extremism-20170623-story.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom