Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

You guys sound foolish. Theres 5 million people in New Zealand.

More people live in Wisconsin.

State governments have made sweeping legislative changes like that quite often.

Unfortunately for some of you that's now how the United States operates. We dont jus react to bad situations by thinking we can legislate the problem away

Unfortunately for some of you that's now how the United States operates. We dont jus react to bad situations by thinking we can legislate the problem away
You sound foolish, this “bad situation” has been a problem for more than 20 years. No changes are made becuase they don’t want the changes.

In comparison, when new tax laws want to be passed to help big business it’s done within a years time. But.... ya know.... foolish...

Yeah you have to start with thoughts and prayers first.
I understand you're trying to being sarcastic but it's not furthering the discussion in any way.

Do you believe now that this legislation has been passed New Zealand will be immune to gun violence?

I think the point is that the inaction of the US government is glaring (and telling).

I don't think anyone believes that we can operate identically to NZ.

You sound foolish, this “bad situation” has been a problem for more than 20 years. No changes are made becuase they don’t want the changes.

In comparison, when new tax laws want to be passed to help big business it’s done within a years time. But.... ya know.... foolish...
Cigarettes have cause lung cancer for 20 years. Booze has destroyed families for 100 years, drugs too...

Where are we with legislating away that problem?

Police brutality?

Actually name three persistent problems we've legislated away?

What more anecdotal evidence do you need if the whole of American history can not produce a problem solved by the law?

I understand you're trying to being sarcastic but it's not furthering the discussion in any way.

Do you believe now that this legislation has been passed New Zealand will be immune to gun violence?

Go pull up the statistics regarding gun violence after gun control measures were taken in different countries around the world. Now look up the United States.

You have zero factual or evidentiary basis for your claims. Thanks.

Go pull up the statistics regarding gun violence after gun control measures were taken in different countries around the world. Now look up the United States.

You have zero factual or evidentiary basis for your claims. Thanks.
You want me to do the requisite research to back up your confirmation bias'?

Pass.

What will you guys say if an attack happens tomorrow in that same community?

Let's focus on the root of the problem instead of fighting about measures of which we can not agree on the effectiveness.

Don't be a simpleton. Its obviously not going to make them immune to gun violence but what other measures would you like them to take in order to reduce gun violence? How is reducing the amount of guns or the type of guns people can own NOT the first step?

Cigarettes have cause lung cancer for 20 years. Booze has destroyed families for 100 years, drugs too...

Police brutality?

What more anecdotal evidence do you need if the whole of American history can not produce a problem solved by the law?

These are all problems that should be addressed along with guns though. Why does it have to be one or the other? :emoji_thinking:

Don't be a simpleton. Its obviously not going to make them immune to gun violence but what other measures would you like them to take in order to reduce gun violence? How is reducing the amount of guns or the type of guns people can own NOT the first step?
Because its nonsensical?

There are roughly half a billion firearms on the streets of the United States. There has never in American history been less gun violence per capita than today

Until you have a solution for destroying half a billion guns i dont wanna hear about the fraction of that total that gets added yearly. Last year they were about 22 million screenings by the feds btw for new gun purchases

You want me to do the requisite research to back up your confirmation bias'?

Pass.

This is the only country in which mass shootings of this nature happen. Over and over and over again, with increasing frequency. You don't want to look up the research because you know you're wrong. Of course you'll "pass", anything else would require an iota of critical thinking.

Amazing "people break the laws, so why have them" analysis. Truly thought-provoking, I'm glad you took your valuable time to educate everyone. Do go on.

This is the only country in which mass shootings of this nature happen. Over and over and over again, with increasing frequency. You don't want to look up the research because you know you're wrong. Of course you'll "pass", anything else would require an iota of critical thinking.

Amazing "people break the laws, so why have them" analysis. Truly thought-provoking, I'm glad you took your valuable time to educate everyone. Do go on.
You sir are no longer worth communicating with but here's my last piece. What are the countries with similar populations to the a United States? What are the countries that have 500 million guns already in the populace?

The same way you can name 10 big countries with virtually no gun violence I can name 10 that have zero tolerance policies and greattttt struggles with gun violence and broader crime.

Cultures matter.

Understanding the root of the problem MATTERS.

You dont need to go outside of our culture to see the effects of zero policy gun laws. Chicago is right here....

Once they realized their policies werent working they had to really examine the issue... miraculously crime is way down this year after Spike Lees intiative, after a chances initiative after real time and money got spent on the problem.... turns out that hey if you invest time energy and money into young people they actually start giving a damn about their lives

I will give you random acts of violence are another thing but you cannot stop someone with a death wish. That psycho would've jus ran people over with his car or fabricated and explosive

Fix the hate

Of course. But if legislation nets the thwarting of literally one mass shooting, it's worth it. Doing something is always better than sitting on your hands cause "it is what it is."

You do see where logic of banning things nationwide because of the possibility they can cause harm is dicey.

Especially with this current administration.

You sir are no longer worth communicating with but here's my last piece. What are the countries with similar populations to the a United States? What are the countries that have 500 million guns already in the populace?

The same way you can name 10 big countries with virtually no gun violence I can name 10 that have zero tolerance policies and greattttt struggles with gun violence and broader crime.

Cultures matter.

Understanding the root of the problem MATTERS.

You dont need to go outside of our culture to see the effects of zero policy gun laws. Chicago is right here....

Once they realized their policies werent working they had to really examine the issue... miraculously crime is way down this year after Spike Lees intiative, after a chances initiative after real time and money got spent on the problem.... turns out that hey if you invest time energy and money into young people they actually start giving a damn about their lives

I will give you random acts of violence are another thing but you cannot stop someone with a death wish. That psycho would've jus ran people over with his car or fabricated and explosive

Fix the hate

"...But Chicago"

There we go.

I think it's clear who isn't worth convincing. Have a good one.

Police brutality?

Man you’re out of touch foreal. Ok, how about the farmer bailout? BILLIONS of dollars used within the matter of 2 months. You want “reactionary” it don’t get more reactionary than that. Just admit you’re wrong. You’re now throwing sideways arguments to deflect. We get it, you like guns. Really not the place to argue that

Man you’re out of touch foreal. Ok, how about the farmer bailout? BILLIONS of dollars used within the matter of 2 months. You want “reactionary” it don’t get more reactionary than that. Just admit you’re wrong. You’re now throwing sideways arguments to deflect. We get it, you like guns. Really not the place to argue that
Was I wrong about there never being more guns in America than at the time you are reading this and simultaneously less gun violence.... or something else?

Because.... that's a fact.

A LOT more can go wrong with a car rampage or a bomb though. Guns are much more efficient and dependable. Hence why they're the overwhelming choice for these crazies.

Give me a chance to survive a mass stabbing or car rampage over a dude with an AR-15 and I'll take it 10/10 times.

You cannot legislate away human behaviors. That is the bottom line and uncomfortable truth for many.

Search your heart and mind, you already know it to be so.

Someone is being raped as I type this. Some pedo is getting his rocks off.... it's a cold world

Back
Top Bottom