Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

What about installing doors where u have to be buzzed in for elementary and middle schools since everyone starts at the same time.

Most schools the front doors are just wide open all day. Feel like there is no need for that after first period. If you’re late, doors lock, and you just get buzzed in.

This is how my elementary, middle school, and high school operated. You couldnt get let in after the second bell went off all the doors locked. Middle School up we also had metal detectors in case students decided to bring weapons. Neighboring districts also had clear bookbag policies and at my school we couldnt wear hoodies either.

This is how my elementary, middle school, and high school operated. You couldnt get let in after the second bell went off all the doors locked. Middle School up we also had metal detectors in case students decided to bring weapons. Neighboring districts also had clear bookbag policies and at my school we couldnt wear hoodies either.
what about the windows?

Solution.

Build schools that look like a certain complex.
Put metal detectors and security doors
Arm the **** out of staff….

Hmmmm

I love how the "can't take our freedoms" crowd doesn't see this

Schools become prisons with armed guards and they say wow sure am glad they are safe. Might as well have metal detectors and guards at grocery stores now....and churches...and armed guards at all sporting events and concerts and movie theaters too....thank god we are free to own guns. This freedom sure is great

Schools become prisons with armed guards and they say wow sure am glad they are safe. Might as well have metal detectors and guards at grocery stores now....and churches...and armed guards at all sporting events and concerts and movie theaters too....thank god we are free to own guns. This freedom sure is great

while they’re trying to pass nationwide conceal carry…

what about the windows?

Youd have to be a twig to get through those windows. They had like swivel handle and the window pushed outward maybe 6 to 8 inches tops. Lol I cant lie I wish they did open more cuz we didnt have A/C at my schools so end of the year it got brutal.

I really don’t want to own or be around guns but I feel like I have to. Sad

this is me. I get uneasy around guns. Moving from Illinois to Texas I got a major culture shock. Everyone has one and its basically apart of their attire. Im definitely the only one on my block without one, been pushing it off for so long but I know eventually I'll have to get one

rawImage.jpg

Most nyc public high schools have metal detectors. No one ever complained about it, nor should they.

Don’t think it’s necessary in elementary schools. Still think if we’re not gonna do anything about the source, which is the guns, having buzzed doors after 1st period is a small step that can help.

this is me. I get uneasy around guns. Moving from Illinois to Texas I got a major culture shock. Everyone has one and its basically apart of their attire. Im definitely the only one on my block without one, been pushing it off for so long but I know eventually I'll have to get one
it is not much a culture shock to me. I'm acquainted with guns growing up considering got family involved in law enforcement and the military. also, growing up in a neighborhood where robberies and theft are prevalent and also being a victim of such. I don't hate guns in general but I hate the way it is being mishandled and freely circulating without restriction and brandished like trophies. I believe that a select few should only own and use them. I personally can attest than owning one is extremely dangerous and should be treated with the highest discipline and strong and collected mindset. I'm against that minors should have one and also against that an adult can readily get one even with proper training. considering what is happening around the U.S., it is really needed to be monitored and restricted. it is not a toy nor should be a hobby. it is a weapon that can be used to inflict maximum damage and deaths in a short span. arming every person is not a solution and is pretty much opening up a can of worms.

all I can say that is that for protection in the U.S., the chances of you using the gun to defend yourself is quite rare even in cities deemed as unsafe. the so-called 2A is not feasible enough. it's a money-making industry that has nothing to do with 2A. Crazy Nick pretty much summed up what we are dealing with....

Most nyc public high schools have metal detectors. No one ever complained about it, nor should they.

Don’t think it’s necessary in elementary schools. Still think if we’re not gonna do anything about the source, which is the guns, having buzzed doors after 1st period is a small step that can help.
installing metal detectors is one thing, but who is going to stand guard and deal with a terrorist? a good guy with a gun? man the recent incident have those good guys do nothing nor the good civilians with the guns did nothing but go on with their daily lives. and you are asking more guns to be in the hands of what? teachers? kids?

installing metal detectors is one thing, but who is going to stand guard and deal with a terrorist? a good guy with a gun? man the recent incident have those good guys do nothing nor the good civilians with the guns did nothing but go on with their daily lives. and you are asking more guns to be in the hands of what? teachers? kids?

Def do not put guns inside schools. Thats not a teachers job nor should it be. It’s been complete silence politically about ARs. ARs are the problem here.

Country is too focused on politics and money. I do know that after religious mass shootings some temples and churches here in NY have buzzed doors or doors with a key pad now. If the community agrees some have an armed officer at the front desk. Hard to think of solutions, but it’s baby steps.

it is not much a culture shock to me. I'm acquainted with guns growing up considering got family involved in law enforcement and the military. also, growing up in a neighborhood where robberies and theft are prevalent and also being a victim of such. I don't hate guns in general but I hate the way it is being mishandled and freely circulating without restriction and brandished like trophies. I believe that a select few should only own and use them. I personally can attest than owning one is extremely dangerous and should be treated with the highest discipline and strong and collected mindset. I'm against that minors should have one and also against that an adult can readily get one even with proper training. considering what is happening around the U.S., it is really needed to be monitored and restricted. it is not a toy nor should be a hobby. it is a weapon that can be used to inflict maximum damage and deaths in a short span. arming every person is not a solution and is pretty much opening up a can of worms.

all I can say that is that for protection in the U.S., the chances of you using the gun to defend yourself is quite rare even in cities deemed as unsafe. the so-called 2A is not feasible enough. it's a money-making industry that has nothing to do with 2A. Crazy Nick pretty much summed up what we are dealing with....

I certainly agree. Im 33 years old and I have yet to encounter a situation to where I wouldve needed a gun. For me at this point now that I have a wife and child, it's more so I dont want to risk us getting put in a spot to where if I needed it, then it would have helped. Because if it did happen, which is still a rare chance, it would eat away at me forever. But thankfully I havent been put in that predicament. But Ive lost ppl to gun violence growing up, and guns were definitely around back up north, but it wasnt as openly known. Like we all knew who had a banger on them, or how to get one and what not, but down here my coworkers just show them things off like they just bout a new grill, or they are just sittin in their cars/houses on the seat or kitchen table. Up north it was never like that for me growin up.

Def do not put guns inside schools. Thats not a teachers job nor should it be. It’s been complete silence politically about ARs. ARs are the problem here.

Country is too focused on politics and money. I do know that after religious mass shootings some temples and churches here in NY have buzzed doors or doors with a key pad now. If the community agrees some have an armed officer at the front desk. Hard to think of solutions, but it’s baby steps.
it would be difficult to find a solution as of the moment as the GOP are in cahoots with the gun problem and the solutions they are recommending are as stupid as it gets. serial murderers are not that stupid or a mindless psychopath that won't be able to find an entry point. it would only work for a small percentage if the perpetrator was doing it in random or extremely stupid not to think. but with a perpetrator with a clear intention of killing people or with a plan, there is no safeguard for it.

I certainly agree. Im 33 years old and I have yet to encounter a situation to where I wouldve needed a gun. For me at this point now that I have a wife and child, it's more so I dont want to risk us getting put in a spot to where if I needed it, then it would have helped. Because if it did happen, which is still a rare chance, it would eat away at me forever. But thankfully I havent been put in that predicament. But Ive lost ppl to gun violence growing up, and guns were definitely around back up north, but it wasnt as openly known. Like we all knew who had a banger on them, or how to get one and what not, but down here my coworkers just show them things off like they just bout a new grill, or they are just sittin in their cars/houses on the seat or kitchen table. Up north it was never like that for me growin up.
it is paranoia but most, expecially in Texas it is only to look cool or threaten somebody. my son's friend in L.A. have experienced a home invasion about a month back. the dad confronted the would-be-thief or robber without further escalation and just reported it to the police. I can understand the sentiment of owning guns for safety but how much more or how heavy do you really need to protect yourself? some people think that they are going to war that they need to carry an AR15 for protection.

as far as personal protection goes, I carry a pocket knife. as for home security, I got a baseball bat ready and a phone.

If you want to address the gun problem. You gotta address the crappy American culture problem. And with the GOP and NRA in bed with each other, that’s a huge barrier. Republicans have way too much power. It’s going to take decades to undue the damage they’ve done on the senate level, with the Supreme Court, the lower courts etc

But American culture in general is trash. The obsession with guns and “freedom” is just mind boggling at times.

Remember when the Vegas shooting happened and that Dan Bilzerian or whatever his name on was caught on video begging the cop for a gun so he could fight back? Yeah more people than we know like him exist. Just itching to shoot someone.

I would love to see how they would enforce this. Our front office staff would riot if they had to check in all the students that came in late. Not to mention, our campus is open. Anybody can just walk on from any direction, it freaks me out everyday.

Solution.

Build schools that look like a certain complex.
Put metal detectors and security doors
Arm the **** out of staff….

Hmmmm
Oddly enough, I’m elementary and middle school I had to go thru metal detectors and place backpack on table to be searched. High school got sent across 8 mile to the suburbs and boom no metal detectors or security at door. Searched the 7 year olds in the hood but the 17 year old in the burbs, don’t oppress his rights.

Back
Top Bottom