Master's Degree and still no job....

Originally Posted by mextra45

Slang roids and HGH ?
laugh.gif

High School pay isn't going to be enough for OP, Try networking and apply to all college rand and semi-pro, pro rank positions. As long as they see "Master's" you'll defitnely be considered.

Originally Posted by supahoopa

bout to go get my masters in sports management next year ..

tired.gif
Did you not just read this thread? DON'T do it. People need to realize there's a difference between doing what makes you happy and doing what pays. Usually there's an overlap and you're fine. Other times you major in sports management and end up working in a completely different field.

Like I told my younger cousin this when she told me she wanted to be an art history major: "you're not rich enough to do that"

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Originally Posted by supahoopa

bout to go get my masters in sports management next year ..

tired.gif
Did you not just read this thread? DON'T do it. People need to realize there's a difference between doing what makes you happy and doing what pays. Usually there's an overlap and you're fine. Other times you major in sports management and end up working in a completely different field.

Like I told my younger cousin this when she told me she wanted to be an art history major: "you're not rich enough to do that"
You can be an art history major but you have to also take real-world classes as well (like finance on the side). Take what makes you happy but be realistic about it. I enjoy history and film but I'm also an Economics double major  and an advertising minor in addition to my history major and film studies minor. It helps if you go to a good school of course 
happy.gif

Law school is always a possibility if you do well. You get top grades in art history at my school, you are all but guaranteed T14. 

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by IloveShoes

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

All the 'justification' will be meaningless, because we are in unchartered times. People still think MBAs, ACCOUNTING DEGREES to be grail? Welcome to the real world. Grow some nuts, go into the real world, and stop posting dumb shet on NT. People who even have the time taking pictures of their shoes are nothing more than 'kids', that are collecting unemployment, and still riding on their parents. These are the same kids that 'looked' so cool graduating at USC, or UCLA, but have no jobs w/ their expensive and worthless degree.

An accounting major is great, but it's meaningless if you don't pursue the CPA and further your education. The same can be said w/ ANY FIELD, ANY MAJOR, ANY JOB, ANY PROFESSION.

Kids have to realize that the world changes faster than eastbay crashing on R/D. Kids have to learn that their 'job' is more important than their degrees ! Once you have that opportunity, absorb as much as you can from those around you. You need guts to make it out there. Hanging around after work w/ BESTBUY clerks and boasting about how you did this and that is nothing more than paving your road to more hardships. You have to be able to eat lunch by yourself, handle the brutal world of being the new guy, and keeping yourself cool !

Any degree initially is worthless, but have a sense of what direction you want to go in. A 'master's degree is to further your understanding in that 'career'. Why the fk do you think they have at least 2+ years pre-requisites for masters ?! Only POS degrees allow you to take a 'masters' right then and there.
Wow man. you really inspired me. I even saved what you said in a word pad. 

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Go make a gif about it.
eyes.gif

male nurses get dissed in the medical field. Don't do it to yourself. step your game up and go p.a.

If you really think that you need to grow up and go into the real world. I'll gladly take the job and have walmart employee's laugh at me with their 30k salary and my 90k+ salary.

Everyone has 20/20 vision in hindsight. Dont regret picking your major, just regroup and carry on from here.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

dont let the sheep come in and deter.  you good, just keep grinding.  your degree does not make you.  just gotta think outside of the box when it comes to getting that jo

Agreed. Its always the same 3,4 kids every damn job or college thread saying you must major in engineering or become a doctor. And if didnt then better off dead or something to that effect. I majored in one those 'well-to-do' majors and hated every minute of it. I hated the classes, the people, the industry, the internships. So I switched into something else and kinda liked it.

Bottom line is dont let others especially those on NT deter you. Also unemployment is affecting everyone. Keep in mind that there are 09 grads, as well as '99 grads and '89 grads out of work.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I just wanna be one of those old dudes with mad degrees next to his name, with no job who sits around philosophizing and contemplating existences.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

NTers will jump at any opportunity to kick someone while they are down. I hope things work out for you.

yea honestly man you wasted your money. masters are for people that lack confidence in getting further on their own skills that they need a paper to show that they are better.

my boss that makes mid six figures says its all bs. if people like you, you will advance.

P.S. your field blows

The only "safe" bet for a major these days seems to be the medical field. With the aging Baby Boomer population primed to need increased medical care over the next 20-25 years, the demand for skilled services will be increasing yearly. To the person who said male nurses get hated on, that is not really true. I work in a hospital with several male nurses and I don't think anything less of them (unless they are an LVN, and in that case I'm meh, but that goes for women too). I just graduated in 2008 with a Masters in Occupational Therapy, found a job right away, and make $85,000 per year. So jobs are out there, but obviously it depends on what area of study you chose while in college. Good luck OP, hopefully things will look up for you soon! 

it's really hard out there. Even with a degree that you have now, they're so competitive. Good luck OP.

MBA DOES NOT EQUAL SUCCESS

some of you are posting that he should of got a MBA, but i know people with MBA that cant get a job either

keep trying you will find something

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I got a Masters in Architecture/Urban Design.....................and I'm still broke and unemployed.
ohwell.gif
What kind of potential career should an education like that lead to?
An Architect or an Urban Planner.  I did both so I would be a bit more marketable out of school.

U should definately look into some government jobs... There's a lot of agencies out there that need architects, the ones that deal with construction...

Also, look into some construction companies that may need architects, etc...

But hang in there in good luck in the meanwhile...

ninjallamafromhell wrote:
This is one of the reasons I picked Electrical Engineering.

Cosign...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

male nurses get dissed in the medical field. Don't do it to yourself. step your game up and go p.a.
the same male nurses also have to pay for less schooling(you can get your RN as an undergrad)..can become an NP and get their education for that paid for by their workplace....while PAs have to go to Higher education school...usually make the same initial salary as a nurse, pay tuition at the equivalent level of 2 yrs of medical school. 

If you look at the trend of medicine... you will see that Nurse Practitioners are edging out PA's in a lot of departments.
I mean nursing is a field that is overly saturated
you are right that there will always be a demand for nurses...however, nursing is not overly saturated...in fact...in many area's of the country...there is a nursing shortage...in terms of educators and actual nurses.

aint gonna lie....i've been entertaining this program at baptist hospital after i finish undergrad......they'll pay for your tuition to become a nurse once you have a bach in anything....they just want you to work for them for 3 years.....ima either do that or grad :/

I wonder how many dudes in here actually have degrees
laugh.gif
Dudes take a few CC classes and all of a sudden know everything about the damn world. In these times no major is the best one, period. If OP can get a job in one of the professional sports markets he should be good b/c we all know the pro sports market isn't going anywhere.

^if you can get in...and you really like the field of nursing...do it.

even if you don't like the hospitall.. 3 yrs is nothing...and usually with those programs.. there's a "buy out" provision...where you have to pay back some of the tuition they put up for you...based on the # of months you didn't fullfill your 3 yr contract for them.

however... just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into when you go into nursing.

Lots of haters in this thread! I got my undergrad in business and now I am about to start my masters program in sport management. I have previously interned with the galaxy and have volunteered with us soccer. have you tried the teamwork website? Or the NCAA website?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^if you can get in...and you really like the field of nursing...do it.

even if you don't like the hospitall.. 3 yrs is nothing...and usually with those programs.. there's a "buy out" provision...where you have to pay back some of the tuition they put up for you...based on the # of months you didn't fullfill your 3 yr contract for them.

however... just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into when you go into nursing.
thats true

It's not related to what you went to school for but most retailers just want you to have any degree for a management position. I have a friend who has a masters in English literature and is a district manager for Walmart six figure income. I have no degree and I am a manager for HD and am doing better than most of my friends with degrees including two with doctorates in some BS field.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Only POS degrees allow you to take a 'masters' right then and there.

Whatever man, I got my masters right after undergrad and I'm doing straight. I know cats that did the same and came out making $85K or more. 

You just gotta hustle and know what company too holler at. You can't be too big to do some contract work to get in the game either.

Back
Top Bottom