Mature NTers: Need some car input. vol..what are 30 year olds driving

Don't spend more than 15-20% of your income on car payments/insurance a year. I'm 19, but I'm a finance major that is stingy with his money. I drive an '07 civic.

Don't spend more than 15-20% of your income on car payments/insurance a year. I'm 19, but I'm a finance major that is stingy with his money. I drive an '07 civic.

all those cars sound good, but I watch alot of the news and what is going on with oil /gas and the economy and I wouldnt buy anything expensive right now............. but if you have to get a car I hear the new Chevy Cruze is real popular right now alot of people are trading in their cars for em, I hear they go blow for blow with honda

all those cars sound good, but I watch alot of the news and what is going on with oil /gas and the economy and I wouldnt buy anything expensive right now............. but if you have to get a car I hear the new Chevy Cruze is real popular right now alot of people are trading in their cars for em, I hear they go blow for blow with honda

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

If you're 30 and mature, you make your own decisions.

seeing how you still live with your mom and work at bestbuy your advice is nullified.to those asking why i gave the lexus' up....the is had no rear room whatsoever and though it was fun to drive it got too crampedmy sister just had a baby and needed a 4dr car so i gave it to her.i only asked for mature responses because i wanted to guage what other 30yr olds are driving.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

If you're 30 and mature, you make your own decisions.

seeing how you still live with your mom and work at bestbuy your advice is nullified.to those asking why i gave the lexus' up....the is had no rear room whatsoever and though it was fun to drive it got too crampedmy sister just had a baby and needed a 4dr car so i gave it to her.i only asked for mature responses because i wanted to guage what other 30yr olds are driving.

30 here

bought my '02 4Runner new and will drive it til the wheels fall off, but then again, I dont really get bored of cars. Hopefully that thing will last me another 2-3 years atleast. I kinda like having a bigger car with extra trunk space for my golf clubs and other stuff that I'm always carting around so my next car will probably be another SUV or God Willing a CPO 5 series GT.

My wife drives a "mom" car even though we dont have kids yet. We got her a 07 Lexus ES350 that will be paid off this year (FINALLY).

No car payments =
pimp.gif

30 here

bought my '02 4Runner new and will drive it til the wheels fall off, but then again, I dont really get bored of cars. Hopefully that thing will last me another 2-3 years atleast. I kinda like having a bigger car with extra trunk space for my golf clubs and other stuff that I'm always carting around so my next car will probably be another SUV or God Willing a CPO 5 series GT.

My wife drives a "mom" car even though we dont have kids yet. We got her a 07 Lexus ES350 that will be paid off this year (FINALLY).

No car payments =
pimp.gif

Personally..if had to buy a family type car right now..I'd look at:

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot
Venza
pimp.gif
  Gotta wait another few months-a year cause they pricey right now.
Mojodmonky1

I drove an ES350 on loaner and I felt sooooooo weird in it. It felt "old" like 50+ people should be driving it.

And I love having no car payments either. I dont want to go more then 25k and I have a lil more that 15k to put down so my payments wont be too bad. 

Thanks for the input.

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot
Venza
pimp.gif
Mojodmonky1

I drove an ES350 on loaner and I felt sooooooo weird in it. It felt "old" like 50+ people should be driving it.

And I love having no car payments either. I dont want to go more then 25k and I have a lil more that 15k to put down so my payments wont be too bad. 

Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot
Venza
pimp.gif
Mojodmonky1

Thanks for the input.

Im driving a Venza right now too and I like it alot. VERY spacious, and very comfortable. Doesnt sit too high so it handles pretty well, and the V6 has nice pickup. The 20inch OEM rims are hands down one of the best looking stockies for any car.

Only gripe about it is bad mileage (16mpg) and I hate electric steering (and the steering wheel isnt leather).

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

2009 MDX
2009 TL
2009 Venza
2009 Pilot
Venza
pimp.gif
Mojodmonky1

Thanks for the input.

Im driving a Venza right now too and I like it alot. VERY spacious, and very comfortable. Doesnt sit too high so it handles pretty well, and the V6 has nice pickup. The 20inch OEM rims are hands down one of the best looking stockies for any car.

Only gripe about it is bad mileage (16mpg) and I hate electric steering (and the steering wheel isnt leather).

29 here and I drive a 2001 Civic, still reliable at 180K miles. Just recently moved to a new place 5 mins from the train station (free train pass from work) so I pay about $20 in gas monthly. Reducing carbon footprint and saving money FTW

29 here and I drive a 2001 Civic, still reliable at 180K miles. Just recently moved to a new place 5 mins from the train station (free train pass from work) so I pay about $20 in gas monthly. Reducing carbon footprint and saving money FTW

If I were 30 I'd honestly be driving a Ford F-150 since I've always been a truck kind of dude.

Back
Top Bottom