MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

I agree about WW84. It was trash. Jenkins was trying to harness women movements, 80s nostalgia but it just fell flat. The dialogue. The ridiculous suspension of belief. Lassoing lightning. Stop.

I was super faded while watching but The Flight Attendant is a really good show. If you decide to watch, don’t be sidetracked by the first episode. Give it time.

HBO Max Adds BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, BATMAN BEYOND And Caped Crusader Shows And Movies

HBO Max is kicking off the New Year on the right note -- with the addition of numerous DC animated series. Arriving today, January 1, on the streaming service is Batman Beyond, Batman: Beyond: The Return of Joker, Batman: Bad Blood (2016), Batman: Hush, and -- perhaps the greatest adaptation of the Caped Crusader of all time -- Batman: The Animated Series.

Batman: The Animated Series ran from 1992 to 1995 and consists of 85 episodes. The series is widely regarded as one of the best comic book television shows of all-time and has been praised for its thematic complexity and darker tones, as well as the modernization of Batman's crime-fighting origins. The series features numerous adaptations of various Batman comic stories and is considered to be more adult-oriented than other superhero cartoons.

Joining Batman: The Animated Series is another popular cartoon about the Caped Crusader, Batman Beyond. Batman Beyond is actually set in a futuristic version of Gotham City and focuses on the teenaged Terry McGinnis (voice of Will Friedle) as Batman, guided by an elderly Bruce Wayne (voice of Kevin Conroy). The series ran from 1999 to 2001, consisting of 52 episodes, and also received critical acclaim. It was also praised for its dark, mature storytelling as it dealt with topics like emotions, personal relationships, and fear of the unknown.

Numerous animated Batman movies have also hit the streaming service today including 2016's Batman: Bad Blood, 2019's Batman: Hush, and 2020's Batman: Death in the Family.

Bad Blood is a sequel to the 2015 film Batman vs. Robin. With Bruce Wayne missing, Nightwing and Robin are tasked with keeping Gotham City safe, while Batwoman investigates the disappearance of Batman. Batman: Hush is a loose adaptation of the comic book story arc of the same name and follows Batman, Catwoman and others as they face the mysterious new villain, Hush, who uses Gotham's Rogues Gallery to destroy Bruce Wayne's crime-fighting career as Batman as well as his personal life.

Batman: Death in the Family, which is a follow-up to Batman: Under the Red Hood, is also based on the comic book story of the same name. It's an interactive experience in which viewers are presented with choices and given 10 seconds to make a decision. There are apparently seven alternate endings that are determined based on the viewer's choices throughout.

His Dark Materials :pimp::pimp: great story and cast
1609616433997.jpeg

In the span of a week or two since getting it, I've finished Euphoria and Mrs. Fletcher

Now I'm on Raised By Wolves finished 3 episodes, show is :wow: Def has that Ridley Scott vibe:rofl:

I can't really watch more than one show at a time, I don't prefer it so next up after Wolves I'll choose from:

Lovecraft
Chernobyl
Watchmen
The Outsider
The Night Of

In the span of a week or two since getting it, I've finished Euphoria and Mrs. Fletcher

Now I'm on Raised By Wolves finished 3 episodes, show is :wow: Def has that Ridley Scott vibe:rofl:

I can't really watch more than one show at a time, I don't prefer it so next up after Wolves I'll choose from:

Lovecraft
Chernobyl
Watchmen
The Outsider
The Night Of
Damn you lucky bastard. Got a lot of great tv to watch this next month or two.

Wish I could see again for the first time.

I agree about WW84. It was trash. Jenkins was trying to harness women movements, 80s nostalgia but it just fell flat. The dialogue. The ridiculous suspension of belief. Lassoing lightning. Stop.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist, but please not like this. The main bad guy with the wishes should have gotten slapped up early.

Lovecraft
Chernobyl
Watchmen
The Outsider
The Night Of

raised by wolves is either the prequel or sequel to Alien, I haven't figured it out yet.

Cheernobyl is terrifyingly similar to what's going on in this country with the denial of science.

Watchmen and Lovecraft country are very accurate stories of what the horror black bodies face in this country.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist, but please not like this. The main bad guy with the wishes should have gotten slapped up early.
I loved the energy in the first movie and feel this franchise can be a vehicle for that movement. My opinion of Warner Bros and their handling of the DC U is low. WW 1 and Shazam the only entertaining films IMO. And even those were flawed.

Vince, check out Watchmen. That’s DC U done right.

I just saw WW84. I really enjoyed it. It leaned into the 80s cheesiness and I had a good time with it.

Back
Top Bottom