May is National Bicycle Month and this week is Ride Your Bike to Work Week - Who's with me?

yay for bikes. havent rode in a couple of weeks because of school but i will be riding soon.
and i just found out that the folks from Macaframa finally got a DVD for preorder
pimp.gif

Macaframa from MACAFRAMA on Vimeo.

i've been thinking about buying a bike. Saw a 24-speed Schwinn at Costco for $300. is this a good deal, or is there anything better out there for around$300?

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

honestly....I thought about doing that even before this, but I'd want to shower by the time I got to work and kids don't shower in elementary for PE so they don't even have locker rooms.

OP, what do you do?
I ride a leisurely pace so that I don't get all sweaty.

I rode atleast twice a week to my old job, last year. I have a dope river trail thats always empty and the scene is nice. I could take it all the way to my newjob but that would be a 2.5 hr ride! I aint with that lol.

I did do it once but after workin my shift and thinking of the 2 hour ride made me call my girl to pick me up. Lookin forward to ridin in the summer though.

People will probably talk crap about this, Novarra is REI's in house brand and I just so happen to work at REI last year. Got this for 40% last year. Myfirst road bike, and very happy with it.
2vsowlh.jpg

I agree with everyone else.

I absolutely love riding my bike, but I sweat really easily (body hair + muscle mass FTL) and I wouldn't want to show up to work all disgusting-like.

yancancook90 wrote:
yay for bikes. havent rode in a couple of weeks because of school but i will be riding soon.
and i just found out that the folks from Macaframa finally got a DVD for preorder
pimp.gif

Macaframa from MACAFRAMA on Vimeo.

I don't think it's preorder,�it's supposed to be available now. At least that's what the forums say. I ordered mine a couple days ago.
��

nay, I start work at 7am and now that it's summer I work 10 hour shifts. That and there isn't a great way to ride from Minneapolis to St. Paul otherthan Lake St and I'ma pass on that route
laugh.gif

I'm happy to see there are so many people who get out and ride their bikes.

I understand riding to work is not an option for everyone - I may not be able to do so when the 90+ degree weather starts this summer. I'll do it for now,though.

Get out and ride all month and encourage your friends and family members to do the same. Hopefully the trend will continue and everybody will continue to ridethrough the rest of the riding season.

pimp.gif

I just got into riding last summer, and it is easily one of my favorite activities now.

I wish I would have bought a road bike, but for whatever reason, I bought a hybrid.
grin.gif

im riding to work this friday, i only live 2 miles away.

a couple other people at work are doing it too, this one bammas lives 6 miles one way... lol

BTW if you were in shape in the first place you wouldn't get sweaty on your 10 minute ride to work.
laugh.gif
terrible assumption. Because I sweat easy, you assumei'm out of shape? LOL I'm 6'1 190 run 3-4 miles every day, and I play basketball 3-4 times a week. Everyone is different when it comes toperspiration.

My bike got stolen and I live 64 miles from my job. If I was under 5 miles, I'd ride to work all the time.

I would be riding but my bike is in the shop getting a tune-up and some clip-in pedals.

I usually get pretty sweaty on my way to work, but I just bring a little hand towel and soap and wash off what I can, then just apply more deodorant and aspritz of cologne. My back gets the worst of it because I usually carry all my stuff for work in a backpack. I can make the 9.5 mile commute to work in about30-35 minutes, depending on whether or not I'm in a hurry. I usually average 18-20 mph on my rides to work.

I can ride along the San Gabriel river bed just about the entire way, so stop lights are rarely an issue (only getting to the trail). It's actually neatbecause the distance to work by car is 11.7 miles, but by bike is 2 miles less, because the river bed is essentially a straight line to work.

Raleigh Competition Road 2003

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

im riding to work this friday, i only live 2 miles away.

a couple other people at work are doing it too, this one bammas lives 6 miles one way... lol
Excellent! Enjoy your ride!

I can totally appreciate bike culture. It's only wed, I've clocked a good 50 miles this week so far mobbing with random strangers and buddies alike.

Too bad I dress shirt and tie to work, and can't get all sweaty on my bike.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I can totally appreciate bike culture. It's only wed, I've clocked a good 50 miles this week so far mobbing with random strangers and buddies alike.

Hey, at least you are getting your miles in!

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Hey, at least you are getting your miles in!

foreal, logging in that time feels so good, i've probably done about 100miles in the past two weeks. Including a 50mile day.

Back
Top Bottom