MC or PGCC?

So I got a cousin who graduated recently, and he's torn between going to Montgomery College or Prince Georges Community College. Of course going to eitherone probably depends on what you wanna major in once you transfer, but most of the people on here might have some knowledge on which one is better.

So which one is better in terms of the people, the academics, and most importantly, the position that it will put you in once you wanna transfer?

Naw, his grades aren't really looking too bright. Believe me, if he could leave the area, he could, but his grades won't let him.

aint nothin wrong with goin to a community college... i went to MC for two years, and by the time i transferred out, alot of my credits transferred with me.that made things alot easier...i guess it also depends on distance from either school, and finances, etc. but if he tryin to go to university, he gotta hitthem books!!!!

MC FTW! I had the grades to get into a 4 year but wasn't sure what I wanted to do yet so I opted for a cheaper option. Ended up changing my major 3times
embarassed.gif
...MC helped me and my parents save alot of money whiletaking classes that were more challenging than alot of the schools in the area. I had friends that went to Hampton, Howard, Towson, UMBC, and Salisbury...and Iwas the one usually complaining about my classes killing me. Tell your cousin to goto MC, get serious and get used to college work. After two years(or 3 forthat matter) he'll def be ready to hit a 4 year and ball out! There are a number of dudes on this board that are products of MC and are doing great intheir 4 year, I'm sure they'll chime in too.

p.s. Tell him to join a couple clubs and MEET NEW PEOPLE....MC Rockville had some fun professors and extra curricular activities(African-Caribbean Club
pimp.gif
) that make u actually make u wanna come to class everyday.....word toafter hours parties in the cafeteria

MC is supposed to be like in the top 5 community colleges in the nation... (idk the validity of the statistic) but im going to be attending next year, howeverif your cousin wants to transfer to college park for example and he maintains a 3.0 .. hes straight

MC, it helped me going there for 2 years before deciding on a school and graduating from salisbury

MC by far. It actually is one of the top 10 Community Colleges in the Nation.

I've been takin classes at Rockville/Germantown for 2 years and now officially as of last Thursday, will be attending The University of Maryland at CollegePark this Fall
pimp.gif

maintain a 3.0 gpa with at least 30 credits and you should be good to get into good schools.

Ayo, I had to go to PGCC for one semester due to some issues at the school I was at. But for real man, DO NOT GO TO PGCC, the atmosphere isn't really thatgreat for someone trying to get out of the area and do something with his/her life. Bammas around there hang out on the yard and stay skipping class like theyare still in HS, let alone college.... yeah man, Go to MC

PGCC is filled with bammas who havent grown up and its like attending extra years of highschool. And to succeed at PG you gotta be focused and not fall intothat trap because your most likely boutta see dudes from your highschool or people from around the way.

If driving aint an issue, attend MC-Rockville.

take it from someone who went to PGCC....DON'T GO THERE!!! lol seriously..your cuzzo's gonna feel like he graduated high school to go back to highschool. academically, i'm assuming MC would be better considering that's a "wealthier" part of MD so their facilities are probably betterthan PG's. but yes..that's my 2cents about that. lol good luck to your cousin though ;]

MC by far PGCC is a joke, the academics and environment at MC are MUCH better.

And like dude said MC is one of the best CC in the US

no matter what community college he is going to attend... social life is gonna suck....like high school... you do your thing at class, then go home... as faras academically, MC is where its at. only did a semester ( UMD FRESHMAN CONNECTION PROGRAM) and i didnt die.

But, after experiencing college park and moving out the house.... i could never consider going to MC as a "college experience"

but yea.... MC > PGCC

but ultimately UMD-CP > school in DMV.

He's going to MC in the fall.
We took a lot of wisdom from this thread and he decided to go there.

thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom