Meanest Mom On Planet' Selling Son's Car....

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
After finding alcohol in her son's car, the Fort Dodge mother decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's goof with everyone, by placing anad in the local newspaper.

The ad reads, "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks beforesnoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

Hambleton has heard from more than interested buyers after recently placing the ad in The Des Moines Register.

The 48-year-old said she has fielded more than 70 calls from people who wanted to congratulate her.

She said the ad cost a fortune but has been worth it.

And although the car has been sold, Hambleton said she'd keep the ad running for another week, just for more feedback.

Psychologist Marty Martinez said, unfortunately, what makes this punishment so shocking is that it's a rare example of a parent standing theirground.

"That's probably unfortunately the unusual is that you actually would back up what you say to the extent of going to this I don't know if theword is extreme, but to this extent," Martinez said.

Martinez said it's important parents talk with their children, set rules and back them up with consequences as the mother did in this case.

*My view* Might have been a little extreme, but what if this is what could have saved the kids life from drinking and driving one night? Sometimes yougotta give those kids some tough love. Good to see the flip side to parenting, as opposed to all the negative things you see parents do.

damn
laugh.gif

wow...sucks to be that kid
laugh.gif

but you never wanna mess with your mama. the kid will thank his mother later.

Jamie Lynn Spears' mom should learn from this.

i would move out if my mom did that to me. but it really depends if the mom paid for the car of if the son actually paid for it

^
laugh.gif

my mom's threatened to do stuff like that but never actually done it. damn that kid must be pissed especially w/ the extra embarrassment haha

You know, these days, it's just nice to hear about parents that don't let their kids run wild.

I don't even care if the kid DOES drink more after this incident. At least his folks did SOMETHING to punish him.

You know, these days, it's just nice to hear about parents that don't let their kids run wild.

Word. But I would've kept the car and ban him/her from it for a year, I'd send it to young dro to get customized.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

I don't even care if the kid DOES drink more after this incident. At least his folks did SOMETHING to punish him.
Selling his car is OD but i agree 100 percent with you. Kids nowadays are crazy and running wild and its nice to see that there are some parents whocan take control of their kids and not worry about being the cool parent. She probably just saved his life by doing that.

Then again if that was me I would be so pissed. I would hate my mom

That's pretty bad, but this chick sold her husband's Lotus Espirit turbo for $0.92.

Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1436341.html):

DJ's wife sold his Lotus for 50p

A controversial radio DJ's wife sold his £25,000 sports car on eBay for just 50p after he flirted with Jodie Marsh on air.

Kerrang 105.2's Tim Shaw told the model he was prepared to leave his wife and their two children for her, reports Metro.

Wife Hayley was listening and immediately posted an advert for the Lotus Esprit Turbo with a 'Buy It Now' option of 50p.

The item description read: "I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street."

The car sold within five minutes.

On a previous occasion, the DJ upset Mrs Shaw, 27, when she was pregnant by ringing her sister live on air and saying he thought about her while having sex with his wife.

Mrs Shaw said: "When he said he would leave me and the kids for Jodie Marsh, that was it for me. I am sick of him disrespecting this family for the sake of his act.

"The car is his pride and joy but the idiot put my name on the log book so I just sold it. I didn't care about the money, I just wanted to get him back."

She added: "There is no hope for a reconciliation." A Kerrang 105.2 spokesperson said the DJ was 'absolutely gutted'.

yo, he shouldnt be having alcohol in the car.

props to the mom. let him work for his own car.

She told him not to have beer in the car, she finds beer, takes car, and sells it.

but, what if it was his friend's drink or something?

Oh well, at least, she didn't just tell him "I hope you stop" and that's the end...like some parents

she said she was going to do something, and she did, plus more.

my stepmom found my brothers bowl in his glove box and all his spoiled#+%$ got was his car inspected

who bought the car oirginially and took the LOSS on the car? selling a car is a huge burden time wise with registration and title changes. does she work??sounds like a mother with nothing better to do than torture her son?

why not take half the effort and actually talk to him before this happened and prevented it

smh.gif
SMH at you guys saying he deserved it. Nothing says he was planning on drinking and driving. I hope he moves outta there.

Back
Top Bottom