Meek Mill ft. Drake & Jeremih - Amen

You religious dudes kill me.

Nevermind all of the killing and drug dealing...make some religious references and it's a problem.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Originally Posted by All Ready

ladies please, pull those skirts up

people participate in 'blasphemous' stuff but get offended when it's told to them?

*drake voice* preaaaaach
pimp.gif

not sayin im anywhere near "free of sin" but what they talking in this song aint the kinda stuff i participate in on my day to day corrupt steez
laugh.gif

"Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God or the irreverence towards religious or holy persons or things"

I dont equate "sinning" and being blasphemous as one in the same but ayy...to each its own, im no bible or religious scholar.

Originally Posted by All Ready

ladies please, pull those skirts up

people participate in 'blasphemous' stuff but get offended when it's told to them?

*drake voice* preaaaaach
pimp.gif

Don't see this backlash when Jay refers to himself as 'Hova
30t6p3b.gif

Yes. I'm Starting Something.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

*drake voice* preaaaaach
pimp.gif

Don't see this backlash when Jay refers to himself as 'Hova
30t6p3b.gif

Yes. I'm Starting Something.

My dude all you gotta do is go to youtube to see the gazillion sermons declaring Jay as Lucifer himself because he had the audacity to call himself "Hova"...

...you don't remember Hammer callin' him "Devil Boy"? 
laugh.gif

Religion has always been the elephant in the room...

...not every Jew was pleased with Drake's synagogue "HYFR" stunt either.

This Meek track goes though, I can't even front...

...throw that beat to Lecrae and Gemstones and you're on to something.

Tape is decent. Like Flexing, House Party Remix, Amen, and Real. Nothing is really bad, just felt like I heard
a lot of these beats before.

Tape was fire to me. Going in you know that if the production was solid it was going to be a good tape and the production was on point to me. A good amount of it sounds similar but he knows what beats he shines on and put himself on a lot of them can't really hate him for that. He did step outside the box with a couple of them can't really ask for much more than that.
Meeks bars and flow are Meeks bars and flow, I knew what to expect going in, and it didn't disappoint in my opinion. I top rated a lot of tracks on it. I like better than DreamChasers 1 so far. That could change with time though, and the "new" feeling of it dies down. 

Didn't really read too much into Amen, I try not to do that with a lot of music. If I did then I wouldn't even ride with JAY-Z and he's my favorite musician ever period. He says a lot of "blasphemous" things and talks about moving weight and murder, and I do none of those things.

I can honestly say this is the first Meek Mill song I hate. Heard this in the club last night and gave the 
indifferent.gif
face the whole time 
laugh.gif

Maybe itll grow on me

Meek already said in one verse on this mixtape that he's not religious and does his own thing. I don't really do the whole church thing, but out of all the blasphemous things in this world I'm not going to make my stand with a song where meek's just clowning out with Jeremih and Drake. Especially a song where he's essentially rapping about the same thing that he raps about on every other song. Song is too dope imo.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Apparently they tried to give the beat a baptist church type feel since the name of the song is Amen. That and he uses several church references as "punch lines". Going too far if you ask me, I turned it off after a few bars, blasphemous imo.

its a dope record...but i was feeling the same way as you
Word.  I was uncomfortable listening to it and I'm hardly the religious type at all.  Def. nothing I'd rap along to or blast in the car...
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Listened once and that is all I need.

Yes, Jay called himself Hova, as in the God MC. While that's tip toeing the line, this dude Meek is in a different blasphemous lane. I know he probably wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but ignorance isn't always OK. Thanking someone's Lord and savior for "providing" them with something that is viewed as wrong and sinful by that Lord? That's backwards ...

Am I bothered with the murder and drug dealing talk? Not really, but I would understand if someone else had a sensitivity towards that. I know Meek is not out there killing people every day or dealing drugs daily too.

Back
Top Bottom